Waterworks Gardens Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Seattle, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 0 feet Route Type: Loop

its a very nice garden but it needs to be well maintained. It just looks like it used to be so beautiful and now is deteriorating.

Ok I love the Waterworks garden walk. It’s super quaint, and the natural artwork done there is gorgeous. You can walk it in like 15 minutes though, so it’s not super long. You may be tempted to go across the street and walk around in the Black River Riparian Forest and trails, but I HIGHLY do not recommend it. It was INSANELY sketchy. I found a used needle, smelled pot the entire time, and stumbled upon two adults with their pants off. I’m pretty sure they weren’t playing doctor, but I didn’t stick around to find out. I booked it the heck outta there.

Tue May 14 2019

Very small parking lot, just enough for 5 cars.

Wed Feb 28 2018

Not very isolated. Good beginner trail or trail for a quick jog or walk. A little stinky.

Tue Jan 16 2018

this is such an enjoyable walk. relaxing. In the winter jut has a totally different feel and not much wildlife but still pretty. great for all ages.

Thu Apr 27 2017

Easy nice short loop. If you need little bit of nature after hard day, it works.

Tue Jun 28 2016

My husband, son and I went for a walk at Waterworks park and then around the treatment plant. The park really is a hidden gem, but it was hard to find. We drove around for a good while before we found the little turn out of a parking area at about 1200 Monster Road SW, just south of the Wesco Building, though the actual entrance to the park is a bit farther north. We were really frustrated by the lack of signage for parking. Google maps took me on a wild goose chase just trying to find the place. Once we found the garden, though, we loved it. The grotto is very cool. Bring bug spray! Lots of standing water. We ended up just walking all the way around the treatment plant back to our car, which wasn't as scenic as the first part, but still a nice outing. Will likely do again now that we know how to find it and where to park.

Sat May 18 2019