Watertower, South Ridge, Beach and North Trail Loop

Watertower, South Ridge, Beach and North Trail Loop is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kenmore, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Discover Pass required at Saint Edward SP.

Great trail, easy, nothing too difficult. Great views of the lake. Ive never hiked in the area so this was very nice surprise, the Trees and vegetation, plus the wildlife made it perfect. Very little mud, but bring shoes with grip. $10 per day for parking, dogs on leash. Moderate trail for younger kids, but worth it. On the north side trail there was a sign for aggressive owl but didnt see it. If you take the trail clockwise the inclines are easier

Loved this trail. It’s an oasis in the edge of the city. It’s muddy right now. Signs posted warning about an aggressive owl. Didn’t see one though.

Fun for beginners like me, challenging hills but not too bad. Halfway through you get to the lake which is neat break

Beautiful park with a multitude of challenge levels from mild, moderate, and difficult levels of trails to explore. In the heart of the city!

beautiful trail and scenery, not too difficult, but allows for a nice walk or exercise depending on your mood.

Delightful! Up and down and scenic! Will be back.

Great trail with beautiful views of the lake. Nice, little private beaches that you can climb down to.

The trail was a little hard to follow but overall very pretty. You could see the water almost the whole time.

short hike, but nice views

Beautiful trails by the water, also not too many people!

I love this whole area! It's very well kept and there are many different trails to take that I believe all ultimately end up in the same area. The abandoned building is quite the sight. I felt like I was in wonderland on the trails because you see and hear nothing but trees and the lake. I live near the desert, so it's quite the treat. The ranger on duty at the time was very sweet as well. I did fall into the lake, but that was totally my fault.

Did the grotto trail along with north good 1.6 mile trail with views of lake

A great moderately easy hike for my son and I to warm up the season with.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Gorgeous! But a big dog tried to eat my small-ish dog at the beach so we didn't stay to enjoy it! Proper harnesses people!!!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Fell in love. Nature is such a beautiful thing.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Well kept. Nice casual trail.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Awesome trail! Just hiking or use as running trail. Lake Washington as your view makes the workout worth it!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Great trail for daily hiking

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Easy hike. Great for kids, dogs and bikes.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Thursday, June 30, 2016

I love this place

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Beautiful Park, Church, trails down to water. Need Discovery pass

Friday, June 24, 2016

would not recommend this trail to anyone.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wasn't maintained, wouldn't do this hike again.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

very well maintained.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Beautiful hike on a beautiful Seattle day

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Great afternoon hike with the kids and our dog. Fun walk to the water and a good little work out getting back up. We approve.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Such a pretty place! The little hike down to the water was easy enough for kids and a lovely little space for a picnic at the bottom.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Super good trail, the most difficult trail is a little bit challenging, but pretty interesting!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

I have been coming to St Ed's and Big Finn for a few years now and I have never been disappointed. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter - ride any time of the year. You know your comfort level of course. This is the first winter I have biked here and if you can deal with cold and wet you will be fine. Again being my first winter here it was muddy, cold, wet, fun. I love those conditions! I go out for a few hours at a time, come back covered in mud and happiness. You have can take an easy path, a more aggressive path, or for more of a challenge hit the little mountain bike trails. The trails do get very slick. If you are NOT an experienced biker, take these trails slower. Even old vets like myself will sometimes get a little over zealous and fly off the trail.

This is great for hikers too! I usually hike to Lake Washington in the early mornings. You will see other hikers and walkers, however I do not start to see bikers until later in the day. Although the park states that dogs must be on leash, 9 out of 10 dogs are not. I personally do not care, however others might. I have never had an issue with an animal of any kind in this area EVER. The worst thing was a large dog startled me while I was chilling on my hammock. No worries. He was very curious about me.

Many friendly people on the trail, (and many not so friendly). No matter, you will have a great time. Please remember to be courteous, use trail etiquette, common sense and leave no trace.

Once last thing, the summer time this park packs up. Get there early, check for events and don't forget your Discovery Pass.

I provided an additional link via WTA.

Have a great time!