Watershed Park Trail

Watershed Park Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Olympia, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great urban park in the woods.

easy, nice hike to get away from the city in the city! love it

Very nice for a city hike.

Great hike with good amount of up and downhill!

I like this trail for its proximity to town. Great for walking and appreciating your surroundings, or a quick run. Discover Pass required.

absolutely great walk, easy trail, beautiful day.

I love this trail! Improvements have been made to widen sections of the trail and spread gravel on the trail. I make it a point to run this whenever I am in town. It is a gem!

Peaceful walk.

Nice scenery with several inclines for someone that wants more than a flat walk.

Beautiful walk! Highly recommended when the sun is shinning.

This trail is great for beginners. We brought our puppy here on her first hike.

great hike with quite a few inclines.

Can't go wrong, rain or shine at the Watershed! It's incredible to be a block from downtown Olympia but feel like you're miles from it all. I've grown up walking this trail and though I have traveled all over, I always come back and enjoy this one. It really has everything I need to feel in tune with nature in about 45 minutes to an hour; interspersed streams as you loop, wooden boardwalks and bridges, hills, valleys, and an overload of lush greenery!

nice trail for dog walking

Awesome trail!!! I ran it and it was a bit of a challenge. The inclines were surprising for a first timer!!

Great hike! I can walk to the trailhead in 10 minutes, I feel so lucky to live near this tranquil, lush forest, and the beautiful creek.

My husband and I walked this trail in the pouring rain. It was quite romantic actually. A bit short for us so we turned around and walked the other way around the loop. Loved it. ❤️

Great trail, it's got some ups and downs. Nice little easy workout for after work or early in the weekend. Make sure you wear good shoes because the terrain is a little rough at points. My dogs love this trail.

First time hiking this trail. Pretty awesome, perfect distance you can do over and over again, right amount of sweating

Considered an easy trail, hubby and I went for an evening walk.

Lots of beautiful big and green trees!

Beautiful and pretty easy. 6 lb dog made it the whole way

Great little walk/hike in the middle of town. Both my kids (5 and 9 yrs) loved it. Lots of little bridges and streams. We saw squirrels, woodpeckers, and slugs. If you go in on the Henderson Blvd. entrance going clockwise (left path) on the loop is easier than counter-clockwise (right path), but neither direction is difficult.

well maintained. muddy in places

great trail with beautiful flora and owls flying right over head. only one significant elevation gain. going to come back weekly!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

nice that it is so close

Monday, April 24, 2017

I loved this place, lots of beauty everywhere.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Great hike. Fairly flat once you get down to the loop. Multiple bridges to cross. Will be back.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

This trail would be a beginner trail if you take go left on the loop entrance from the park spot referenced on the map above. The most rapid decline is there. Alternatively, if you go to the right, you'll hit this as a great incline on the way out.

Additionally, if you choose to take all the legs of the trail, you'll add 2+ miles (someone below said it can total 4.1 miles), and a lot of great inclines too! This is an awesome MODERATE trail that you can choose to make easier/ harder and longer/ shorter. The choice and variables are why I give this 5 stars. Its crazy beautiful too!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Enjoyable. Great for a beginner

Monday, March 27, 2017

Good inclines. Can get muddy (depending on weather).