Watershed Park Trail

Watershed Park Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Olympia, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Our favorite trail. We try to visit at least once a month. There are a lot of bridges and the trails are well kept

Love this little hike in Olympia

Always a nice peaceful walk.

This is a great trail, especially for a day when you have limited time. Its proximity to town makes it convenient, but also a regular haunt of some unsavory types. I've seen more than one report in the last few years of women who take this trail alone being sexually assaulted. Take precautions if you're alone, or go with a friend.

Relaxing walk in the woods without needing to leave town.

Great hike, wonderful for all ages.

I live very close to this trail so it is one I do often. Very well shaded so ideal for summer and very few areas of incline. I have brought my kids and dog and they have no problem with any parts of the trail.

This is a short little hike but so worth it. The trail is well marked and maintained better than most. From the trail head you hike down 1/10 of a mile and then the loop begins and you are sucked out of the hustle and bustle of the city and surrounded by a peaceful rainforest with birds chirping and the trickle of water. Such a relaxing get away, all be it for 30 minutes or so. Came across several other hikers and a few with dogs. If there is one thing to be aware of it would be the trail head parking. There only seems to be enough for about 10 vehicles, with that said there was parking available when I arrived and as I left.

Interesting trail with ups, downs and tree roots to watch out for. Recommend a walking stick for the steeper areas and bring your bug spray. It's a little slice of forest heaven in the middle of the city

Awesome variety of vegetation, clean, very shady. only a few hills and many photo opportunities. Dogs love this trail.

Great urban park in the woods.

easy, nice hike to get away from the city in the city! love it

Very nice for a city hike.

Great hike with good amount of up and downhill!

I like this trail for its proximity to town. Great for walking and appreciating your surroundings, or a quick run. Discover Pass required.

absolutely great walk, easy trail, beautiful day.

I love this trail! Improvements have been made to widen sections of the trail and spread gravel on the trail. I make it a point to run this whenever I am in town. It is a gem!

Peaceful walk.

Nice scenery with several inclines for someone that wants more than a flat walk.

Beautiful walk! Highly recommended when the sun is shinning.

This trail is great for beginners. We brought our puppy here on her first hike.

great hike with quite a few inclines.

Can't go wrong, rain or shine at the Watershed! It's incredible to be a block from downtown Olympia but feel like you're miles from it all. I've grown up walking this trail and though I have traveled all over, I always come back and enjoy this one. It really has everything I need to feel in tune with nature in about 45 minutes to an hour; interspersed streams as you loop, wooden boardwalks and bridges, hills, valleys, and an overload of lush greenery!

nice trail for dog walking

Awesome trail!!! I ran it and it was a bit of a challenge. The inclines were surprising for a first timer!!

Great hike! I can walk to the trailhead in 10 minutes, I feel so lucky to live near this tranquil, lush forest, and the beautiful creek.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My husband and I walked this trail in the pouring rain. It was quite romantic actually. A bit short for us so we turned around and walked the other way around the loop. Loved it. ❤️

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great trail, it's got some ups and downs. Nice little easy workout for after work or early in the weekend. Make sure you wear good shoes because the terrain is a little rough at points. My dogs love this trail.

Monday, September 04, 2017

First time hiking this trail. Pretty awesome, perfect distance you can do over and over again, right amount of sweating

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Considered an easy trail, hubby and I went for an evening walk.

Lots of beautiful big and green trees!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017