Wallace Lake Via Woody Trail and Greg Ball Trail

Wallace Lake Via Woody Trail and Greg Ball Trail is a 9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Bar, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Located two miles northeast of Gold Bar, Wash. in Snohomish County. Park address: 14503 Wallace Lake Road Goldbar, WA 98251 From the west: Take U.S. Hwy. 2 (Steven's Pass Highway) east 12 miles from Monroe to Gold Bar. Once in Gold Bar, follow the signs two miles northeast to the park. From the east: Take U.S. Hwy. 2 west about 43 miles from the summit of Steven's pass to the town of Gold Bar. From town, follow the signs two miles northeast to the park.

Nice Hike, when arriving to the lake I couldn't find a good spot but after looking a bit more I found a bench right in front to the lake, and also a small beach, which is nice to have a swim.
The trail once you start the the Greg Ball path it is pretty much alone, I only saw like 6 people.

This lake is worth but only if you find a good spot. I found the bench and the small beach, the beach is right in the other side of the lake from the bridge. (from the bridge go the the left, stay in the path close to the lake, and a few feet before Jay Lake 1 mile indication you will see a small rocky path to the lake )

It was a nice hike to the lake. Wish there was a spot to get closer to the water.

Parking lot is small. If it's full, there's more parking about a mile back from the way you came in. A bit of a bummer unless you want a good warm-up before you even get to the trail. I was pleasantly surprised that the Women's restroom was actually....dare I say....clean. The trail itself was pretty busy (we went over a holiday weekend so that was expected) and the views were absolutely beautiful. Once you go through the "hikers only" gate it's nice and shady with lots of little stops with a few stairs to head down in case you'd like to get closer to the river and even dip your feet in if you so choose. We hiked up to the Middle Falls only because my husband and I weren't sure if we'd be able to tackle the difficulty of the trail from the Middle to Upper Falls.

Great trail, had a few bathrooms along the way too. Even saw a black bear on the forest service road at the top. Luckily he didn't see us and we were able to back up and go back the way we came from. Overall great hike and great scenery.

Really nice hike. Variety of waterfalls and tons of places for a dog to easily drink. The only reason I give it 3 stars is because I've done tons of hiking, so my standards are pretty high but anyone who hasn't seen much might consider this a 4 star hike.

I highly recommend going to the end (Top of Upper Falls)

Truly stunning when you get to the top. Crowded on nice days but the trail is really well maintained so there's plenty of room. Great for all people, isn't too hard to make it to the first waterfall, but going all the way is truly rewarding.

Nice trail. Scenes are really great. Wallace fall are spectacular and forest is nice. Middle fall view is the best! It has three level, easy moderate and hard. I recommend at least hike to middle fall. You can also find lots of chipmunks asking for food. Hike road is a little narrow so if there are lots of people, it is annoying to always wait.