Easy drive from Seattle, beautiful waterfalls. I opted for the Woody Trail, which is the one most folks describe i think.
In the first mile or so of the trail, you can do a bit of wading if so inclined. As mentioned by others, difficulty does increase with each section of the falls you pass. That said, I did not find the hike particularly challenging. It does involve a fair amount of stairs, as a heads up, but I would encourage folks not to be scared off by that! Slow and steady wins the race. :) (And it's not ALL stairs!)
Also true that there isn't a lot of resting ground around the waterfalls - more of an admire-and-rest elsewhere. There are one or two picnic spots along the way.
Trails are more narrow than some others, thus, the need to allow others to pass - particularly those unfamiliar with trail etiquette.
I opted to continue on to Wallace Lake - the signs make it sound like you're going to end up lost for eternity because the trail isn't thoroughly upkept, but if you follows the markers along the trees closely, it's very easy and a short pass until you get to a loooong stretch (over 2 mi) of flat, gravelly rock road where they appear to do tree harvesting. Pretty boring stretch of the hike aside from some decent valley views. Wallace Lake was a bit disappointing itself - I think I was anticipating a shoreline with big open views of the water, but there wasn't one. To be fair, I didn't go all the way around the Lake, so maybe I missed out? Decided to head back via Greg Ball trail for a change in scenery, which is lovely. There is eventually a cut off down to mile 1 of the Woody Trail if you want to shave off a few extra miles like I did. :)
All in all, I enjoyed the trail and found it easy to hike alone, although would be a fun one with companions as well. The route I took ended up being 10-ish miles.