Van Trump Park Trail to Comet Falls

Van Trump Park Trail to Comet Falls is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from July until October.

From the Nisqually Entrance, 10.5 miles on Highway 706 to the Van Trump Park trailhead

pretty fun trail, even saw a black bear!

Beautiful!! Loved this hike.

Beautiful hike! A little steep at the end but in all it was so peaceful! I would suggest getting there early as it tends to fill up later. I went on a Thursday at 7:30 and had it all to myself but passed a bus load of people on the way down and the parking lot was overflowing.

Some steep parts with rocks & roots. Spectacular waterfalls

great hike, lots of flowers, shady much of the way. part of the trail is very rocky and an upgrade in two sections. nice waterfall! amazing views at the top of Rainer.

I'm surprised this one is rated hard. I thought it was moderate.

Awesome!!

Beautiful in late summer. Gorgeous water fall is a great spot to take a break and eat lunch while being cooled off by the mist from the falls. Then once you arrive at Van Trump park a beautiful and tranquil meadow blanketed with lots of Indian paintbrush and other colorful wildflowers.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Beautiful hike! One of my favorite in this park! We hiked to Mildred's Point (very steep the last section!) but there was no views because the entire area was shrouded in fog/clouds. I will definitely hike this again next time I visit to see what could have been up there!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Very strenuous hike, but worth it. Amazing views of comet falls

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thursday, August 13, 2015

High Alpine bowl . .great view of Rainier and Adams. One additional mile from Comet falls . . But dang . . It felt like 2 miles . . Butttt well worth it!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

It's well worth hiking the additional mile up the hill from Comet Falls. Spectacular views and lots of open area to explore and play. Would love to do this one again and camp up top to allow extra time to explore.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Today started as a trip to Burroughs Mountain, then changed to Comet Falls, then as we hit the trailhead it became Van Trump Park. A gorgeous day, not too much traffic on the trail even though the parking lot was full. Glad we finally made it. Took us 4+ years to get back to Comet Falls and this was our first trip to Van Trump. We'll be back with an earlier start time next time.

Saturday, September 22, 2012