Learn more

Upper and Lower Twin Falls via Twin Falls Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(150)
Olallie State Park

Upper and Lower Twin Falls via Twin Falls Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 718 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I went about a week ago and I will never go again during peak times ( which I never do unless I have to and that day was the exception) and it was such a BAD idea. By the time I was coming down the trail, loads and loads of people were on the trial which is super narrow and no one was wearing masks. I found myself not enjoying the hike down at all because of the overloads of people. Once I got back to the parking lot and started to drive away, I noticed about a mile worth of people parking in the, " No Parking Zones," just to do this hike which made sense why so many people were on the trial. I only recommend you go at non-peak times.

So, we started this hike at iron horse trail to mine creek but followed the signs to Lower Falls Trail. We did not complete the intEnded hike. The hike was muddy, overgrown but worth the view once at the lower falls and along the Snoqualmie River!!! BUT Once you get to the lower falls lookout you have to hike back up to the iron horse trail because this takes you to the lower falls trailhead which was 9.8 miles away from where we parked. If you want to hike this definitely park at the lower falls trailhead!! Thankful to the couple who gave us a ride back to our car!!!!

Arrived at 6am on a Thursday- it was a beautiful hike with not too many people until ~7:45. Some uphill sections and a few areas were muddy/washed out. Overall I would recommend this hike!

Great trail! Lots of traffic though. The waterfalls are beautiful and you can get really close to them you just have to stray away from the bridge. Over all, moderate hike but would do again!

Great shorter hike with kids with the reward of some nice waterfalls.

Sat Jun 08 2019

It was pretty busy when we got there at 330pm but it's a sunny Saturday so that is just to be expected. From the parking lot it starts off steep but soon levels out fairly soon. After the road walk of about half a mile, you'll hit the actually twin lake trail and start walking down hill. Bugs were out but the trail was beautiful and the waterfalls were gorgeous! 3.5ish mile hike.

Sun Apr 21 2019

The actual trail is good. The people on the trail we found were very unfriendly to dogs. Some other people we ran into with dogs had unfriendly dogs. So, keeping your dog on the leash is a must. The other bad experience we had was the bridge at the upper falls area. The unfriendly towards dog people stayed in the center of the bridge and refused to move for others to take pictures. When I say unfriendly, I mean UNFRIENDLY. One guy almost struck my dog as we walked by. If you want to bring your fur babies there, don’t do it on a weekend. We went on Easter Sunday and it was very full.

Mon Mar 11 2019

Mapped directions want to take you to the upper trail head but parking is just below it. Park near the restroom and walk up a steep incline to get to the trail heads. The trail flattens out to a main road at the top. Turn right and follow the signs. Once you are on the Twin Falls trail, the trail is clearly marked, even in the snow. There were a few obstacles but it was mostly clear. Came across a few icy spots so my cleats and trekking polls were very handy but I’ve heard the ice has already cleared. See review video for more info. https://youtu.be/iqvMLOZMg3k

Sun Mar 03 2019

Mon Feb 18 2019

Great relatively easy out and back trail. The road is not plowed from the main exit off I-90 to the trail head so it adds about a 0.5 mile each way. The portion on the John Wayne Pioneer trail is packed snow easily traversed with snow shoes or boots with micro spikes. After the turn off onto the twin falls trail, snow shoes were definitely needed, but there was a clear trail. There are a couple spots with freshly downed trees that require some climbing around, but not too bad. Only saw a few other folks out today.

Mon Jan 21 2019

Easy, pleasant hike. Crowds after 9am

Sat Jan 19 2019

lots of stairs going to the lower falls.

Sun Jun 10 2018

Beautiful waterfall the trail was a little harder for beginners that are in their late 50’s.

Sat Mar 10 2018

Simply Awesome! The river and falls are gorgeous.