Umtanum Creek Trail

Umtanum Creek Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ellensburg, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I love this hike, however it is very popular!

The trail can become overgrown but it is still a great way to get away from everything for a little bit. I have taken my dog and family on this trail and would recommend it.

I did this on the first day of a backpacking trip, not good at all during the late spring. The river and trail is overgrown and we eventually had to leave the canyon and hike up because we kept loosing the trail. But still a good trail in the fall. Not the prettiest scene

My wife and I did this trail today with our two dogs. Really, a gorgeous area with plenty of flora and fauna. The trail is not clearly marked and is fairly overgrown in places. It also mingles with wild game trails which make staying on the intended path difficult at times. Staying near the creek the whole way worked excellently, allowing our dogs the chance to rejuvenate whenever they pleased.

Be weary, however; we did find a 3' rattlesnake in a bush right next to the trail about 2 miles in. It warned me only as I came well within striking range. We unfortunately felt obligated to 'take care of' the snake, given the close call and risky location it was in. With the trail being overgrown, we advise you to take appropriate precautions if strolling through here.

Great hike watch for rattlesnakes. I saw 4 on trail yesterday.

Great hike but definitely challenging. Very steep in some spots. Tons of bugs, especially at the top. I got up there, took a few pictures and immediately started back down. Just bugs all over me. Gorgeous views all along the way and a nice sprinkling of other hikers.

Beautiful trail :-)

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Very fun morning hike. We went with family and everyone was able to make it to the falls and hang out down below. We want to go go back and maybe stay longer at the falls and eat some lunch. Make a longer trip out of it because it is so pretty!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Great weather

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fun hike, pretty, saw two snakes

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016

Monday, April 27, 2015

Easy hike, plenty of water for dogs. Sage brush was in bloom. Heard one person saw a snake, we saw none.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015