New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,414 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It was a beautiful fall hike! All the leaves were changing colors. It was a nice challenge for our 4 year old.

parts towards the end were overgrown. some bugs in parts, but nothing too terrible. didnt see any other people until mu way back. beautiful and quiet hike.

Nice hike. Trail is overgrown by the lakes. Good work out, but nothing crazy. No bugs.

I loved this trail. The lakes are beautiful and the hike up isn’t too hard at all.

Lots of parts of this trail were pretty overgrown or had trees blown over. It was manageable but frustrating. We made it to the hatchery and then when we tried to move on we were stopped by it being too overgrown. We’re not sure if that was truly the end of the trail since we never saw the second lake.

The hike was ok but the parking was not easy and the bugs was biting like crazy so make sure you have bugs spray

I wanted to like this hike more, and think I would have appreciated it more in the fall. It’s nice that the trailhead is accessible right from the road (no potholes!), but it was overgrown in quite a few spots and very buggy this time of year. There are so many hikes in the area that we enjoyed more, but it was nice to stop and have lunch at the clearing next to the cabin. We also enjoyed watching the fish jump at the first lake.

Pretty hike. Lots of bugs.

I love this hike, I was assuming earlier in the summer the creek crossing would be tough but it was quite easy today. Many blowdowns as well as very over grown section. I hope a trail crew comes by this summer to atleast help the overgrown areas a bit. MANY MOSQUITOS. I used spray several times and got bit several times any ways and got a ton that were about to get me

Great trail. Did good with our dog. Had lunch at the cabin. A little overgrown in spots.

Mon Oct 08 2018

Wonderful autumn outing to the second lake/cabin. Trail in good shape and perfect seasonal colors today.

Tue Sep 18 2018

Pretty decent and I crowded home at this time of year. You get some really great views of the mountains. The lakes are nothing special but there is a cool old forestry cabin up top. Worth the time but there are much better options around. Follow all our adventures on Instagram @themicrotourists!

Mon Jul 30 2018

We clocked 7 miles and 1200’ of gain. The hike in was more note worthy than the lakes. Don’t get me wrong the lakes were nice but the views of the craggy mountains hiking in were amazing. The trail gets a little over grown once you get closer to the lakes but not to bad. Yea there were pockets of mosquitoes along the way but that should be expected at this time. We did this on a Sunday and we didn’t see a soul on the way up or down.

Sun Jun 24 2018

June 23: Lovely walk with rewarding views and varied terrain. Bring bug spray.

Sat May 12 2018

The trail was hard to read, I ended up turning back. I was not prepared enough. Thanks I did a recording to find my way back.