Twin Falls Trail

EASY 1,022 reviews

Twin Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Enjoy an easy hike through the Cascade foothills to a beautiful set of waterfalls, only 30 minutes from downtown Seattle. This popular trail follows the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River through the rainforests along the western edge of the Cascade Mountains. The trail provides spectacular views of Twin Falls. Day use fee to park and annual State Parks Pass accepted.

Took this hike with my very athletic son. He never broke a sweat, however I certainly did! Gorgeous views and quite a workout for me.

great hike and loved the view of falls

Awesome hike. Waterfalls are a must see.

great hike a few steep switchbacks

Lovely hike close to Seattle. Can be crowded.

The beginning of the hike is easier and runs along side a river. You’ll start to hear the waterfall as you hike deeper and start to gain a little elevation. There is a fabulous lookout point with benches to enjoy the view of the waterfall from afar. The hike becomes a slightly harder with lots of change in elevation towards the waterfall. There are no signs on the trail. We ended up at the upper falls spot first and then went back down towards the lower falls lookout afterwards. Gorgeous hike!!

Overall good family friendly hike, it is busy though.

Fun way to spend a hot day! Views from upper and lower falls are gorgeous!

My friend, who has just recently gotten into getting back into shape and I hiked this trail today. She is almost 60, and I am in my mid-sixties. We enjoyed many streams, tall trees, views of the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River, and just hanging out together. It is rated easy, and at our age and ability found it very doable but it’s still a workout. We went down to the lookout for the highest waterfall (lots of stairs and not all of them very even heights) and we are glad we did. Enjoyable day, even though it was in the 90’s by the time we were done, since there are virtually no places where the sun is beating down on you.

pretty good hike, fun one with my son

Pretty trail along that river that is very crowded with new hikers.

My toddlers first hike! He loved it! Lots of other kids on the trail, nice people. Access to the water for playing or dipping in, which quite a few folks were doing. It was awesome. I can't wait until my son can go even farther when he gets bigger.

very easy and enjoyable hike. very pet and family friendly.

One of my favorite hikes to date. Pretty high traffic but worth it. My husband and I found a path that led to a part of the falls that was secluded and we took a dip in the ice cold, crystal clear water. Absolutely amazing. Won’t forget this hike!!

I’m five months pregnant and had my 2yr old on my shoulders and LOVED this hike. It’s short but beautiful and we hiked down to the waterfall and went swimming underneath it.

Perfect sanity break on my way to eastern washington. Easy access to trailhead. Yes there is freeway noise in some places but I consider that a trade off to easy access.

Great hike! Really packed on weekends but people were pretty cool for the most part about trail etiquette. People pick up your dang trash!!! We carried out as many plastic water bottle as we could but seriously, it’s terrible how trashy humans are to the environment. So I would imagine this trail is always packed by the looks of the garbage lying around. Otherwise it is a beautiful hike, lots to see and the river and falls were beautiful.

Was a bit of an incline for my 4 year old, maybe the rating should explain the incline as a warning. Over all beautiful waterfall and nice trail. There was plenty of resting spots.

Great hike! I would definitely do it again. It's not long at all, but there isn't much to see beyond the bridge that you cross with the viewing of the falls. I kept going up beyond that and there was nothing and it was noisy since you could hear the cars on the highway. That was the only thing I didn't like. Definitely follow the trails/steps going down because that is where the best views of the falls are. The bridge is nice, but downwards is where the view is really at. I would recommend going early morning before midday because when I was going back down (around midday) there was a bunch of people coming up. Also, discover pass is required or $10 daily parking. There is a kiosk machine available at the beginning of the trail.

I love this trail! I’ve hiked it a few times, each going further past the falls. Eventually it connects to the John Wayne Pioneer Trail. It’s a good hike for all skill levels, but be sure to take the staircase down to the lookout before you hit the falls! The view is incredible. Parking can be a pain on the weekends, and you may have to park down the road.

Did this with the family so I don’t know if that’s why I found it so fun! But there’s just something to see around every corner. Between the two falls, the bridges, the stairs, the huge boulders.....definitely a great easy hike and I highly recommend it!

It was quite easy hiking for me. It was on monday, and i thought hiking traffic will be quite and nice , but boy, when i get there, i almost couldn't find a parking spot for myself. I was almost going to turn around and go else where but i stayed instead. And i am glad i did. Hiking was good and all but what impressed me the most is there are some 'hiding' ( you need to get out from trail and spot one ) swimming pools in here that i loved the most. Water was crystal clear and not that cold at all ( this is 7/23/18) . quite sure that not tons of people know of these spots ( except the locals ) but that just made my day. will go there again but at this time, will bring my a little cooler and some snacks of course. P.s. bring your discover pass otherwise you will be asked to pay 10$ for parking.

Beautiful spots on the rocks for meditation or breaks!

It was a beautiful hike! Once you cross the twin falls bridge, don’t go any further because it only leads to disappointment. My husband and I followed the trail all the way up thinking we could see the waterfall from a different angle, but nope. It ended up right next to the highway and telephone lines without any view.

Went yesterday for the first time and it was a really cool hike! Went in the water for a little bit, couple neat spots for that. Falls are awesome. Not too long of a hike or difficult

Excellent hike! Beautiful shaded and lots of variety.

Been here once, it was my first time hiking, have lived it since. Cant wait to go back.

Trail is not super well marked. We ended up out of the park without even realizing it. Encountered at least 5 other groups of people who didn't turn around at the falls bridge and had no clue where they were going. There are no trail markings indicating that you are leaving Twin Falls trail.

Beautiful trail. It is a good trail through rich green shades.

Although labeled "EASY", be prepared for the steady incline with plenty of switch backs. It's a great hike for all ages, with clearings for pics, and the ever so rewarding waterfalls

Hike #2✓