Turtleback Mountain to Orcas Knob

Turtleback Mountain to Orcas Knob is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eastsound, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

i was looking for a relatively quick hike that my daughter and I could do while my other daughter had a pedicure with her grandmother. This was a great pick. The right up says 5.9 miles but the signs on the trail suggest 5.2 or so. As shown it does not go to the summit of Turtleback Mountain but rather the Orcas Knobb overlook on Turtlehead. i did not realize this at first so I was a bit confused. However given our time, this was a great hike and I really enjoyed the views from Orcas Head. The hike is relatively easy with some steep parts on the road section but nothing too hard. My daughter who dislikes ascents with a passion didnt even whine too much.

Friday, July 17, 2015