Tuck and Robin Lakes

Tuck and Robin Lakes is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 13.4 miles Elevation Gain: 4,127 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Take I-90 East to the Roslyn/Salmon La Sac exit (Exit 80). Turn Left off the exit and head North for 2.8 miles to T-junction. Turn Left onto Highway 903 North. Continue following 903 North through Roslyn and Ronald and along Cle Elum Lake, 16.5 miles to pavement end. The road forks here; take the Right fork and continue another 12.4 miles on Forest Road 4330 to the Deception Pass trailhead at road's end. The road crosses 2 streams, which run high early in the season. If you don't have a high clearance vehicle, consider parking and fording the creeks on your walk or bike ride up the road to the trailhead.

Pretty snowy trail. Don’t follow the route from Tuck lake to Robin Lake. Follow the cairns. The trail actually was 16 miles round trip. Pretty lakes, would like to see it in summer

What a trip!! We logged in around 14.5 miles round trip. Just like other reviews have mentioned, first 3.5 miles is a walk in the park. Next 2 is a gradual incline, while the last 2 miles quickly transitions from steep trail to up, around, and over boulders. Also, as everyone mentioned, the trail for that last mile is particularly hard to discern. But, cairns are everywhere and we followed them to the top. We actually got lost on the way down. Thankful for the All Trails app! Hays like is at the 2 mile mark, and huge! Tuck is cool And a first peek at the granite + alpine vibe. Robin is amazing though, and it’s where we camped. From robin, I’m pretty sure you could keep going to the top. Which we didn’t get to. We actually wish we stayed there for 2 or 3 nights instead. So we could explore a little more. Because where you could explore was pretty open ended. Colddddd if overcast, especially at night. The next morning was clear skies and perfect temperature We’ll be here again next year!

recorded Tuck and Robin Lakes

Tough hike. Cut as much weight as possible. No need to pack in lots of water as there are plenty of sources. If you bring a pup consider booties as the granite and shale rocks can really do a number on their paws. This hike would be too difficult for some dogs as there is some scrambling required. The final push from Tuck to Robin lakes is by far the toughest due to the extremely rocky and difficult trail up there. Very exposed since you are above the main treeline. Fishing was great and ate fresh pan fried cutthroat and rainbow trout for a few meals.

This was a hard hike. I did it on 08/28/2019. I started at 9am. It took me 3 hours and 50 minutes of hiking time (not including stops for pics where I paused the AllTrails recorder) to get to the last two lakes, the Robin Lakes. On the way there I accidentally went off trail for about 0.4 miles with AllTrails still recording. I also went to and took pics at Tuck’s Pot with AllTrails still recording. Getting back to where I started from the Robin Lakes took me 3 hours and 5 minutes of hiking time. So my total hiking time came out to 6 hours and 55 minutes. I recorded the distance to the Robin Lakes as roughly 6.4 miles. It was a beautiful cloudless day and very warm. The last 12 miles to the trailhead is all dirt road with many huge potholes. There are lots of rocks, mud and a few mosquitos on this trail. It is very flat and easy from 0 to 3.5 miles in as you hike parallel to Hyas Lake. It becomes mostly very steep with lots of switchbacks from 3.5 miles in to 6.4 miles, at the Robin Lakes. Also, the trail is a bit difficult to follow from Tuck lake onward to the Robin Lakes. There are cairns laid a few yards from each other to help guide you, but it’s still easy to get lost on the final climb to the Robin Lakes. This happened to me. I was trying to follow the route on AllTrails, but it didn’t match the route I was seeing from the cairns. This added several minutes to my hiking time. I saw about 60 different people and 8 dogs through out the trail. So it wasn’t too crowded. The views right before Tuck Lake, at Tuck Lake/Tuck’s Pot, and the Robin Lakes are incredible. I took many pics and some selfies. Make sure you bring mosquito repellant and lots of water. I normally don’t use up all my water on hikes, but this one made me drink all six 17oz bottles of water that I had brought with me. Yeah, it was that tough for me. This hike was, overall, amazing. I highly recommend it.

Went on 8/24 - Long 12 mile off road drive to trailhead which is no issue for any vehicle (saw a Camry there). Long trek to the top which definitely earns it the difficulty rating. Robin Lakes feel like an eternity from Tuck/probably add an extra hour from Tuck to reach Robin assuming you find the cairns. Painful, but certainly worth the view. Bugs weren’t too bad either! All Tuck camping sites are on trail areas and people there get frequently interrupted by people hiking to Robin. Robin has plenty of space for tents and is well spaced for privacy.

First couple miles were very flat, the last 2 were pretty hard if your out of shape. Beautiful views definitely worth the sweat. Bugs were not bad at all weather was beautiful. We camped at tuck then hiked to robin lakes the next morning, the views are unbelievable worth the hard work! Poles saved our legs

Definitely one of my favorite trails in the US! Plenty of camping and water access along the route. Mosquitoes weren't bad at either lake. The hike up was pretty tough and I definitely wish I brought poles but it's well worth it. Took an alternate route up to Robin lake crossing the slab at the top to the right and the views were amazing. As a moderately experienced hiker the last mile or so was pretty rough but doable. You do need a pass to park at the trailhead. I would recommend getting it online or before entering the final stretch of the drive. It's a long, rocky road to drive twice.

Did this is a day hike and it was tiring but beautiful! Lot was very full Saturday morning at 7:45 and fuller when I left around 3:30pm. Bring poles! Part of the trail towards Tuck is arid and crumbly dirt/rocks and I almost slipped several times going up and down. I usually don’t use poles but appreciated having them here. Shaded for the first four miles, goes in and out until Tuck and most of the route to Robin is unshaded so bring sun protection and dress appropriately. I’m terrible at route finding but once I was on the right track from Tuck to Robin thanks to some strangers’ guidance, the cairns led me the rest of the way. Would still recommend downloading maps to refer to! Some mosquitos in the very beginning but was not buggy at either lake.

Definitely not an easy hike, but we had a great hike up to tuck lake and some exploring around.

Beautiful. I did it as a day hike but it would have been better as an overnight to enjoy the scenery more.

Definitely a difficult trail, a lot of people were saying the climb up to Robin lake from Tuck is harder, but I think the opposite. The climb up to Tuck is longer and on dirt/rock/root type trail while the climb to Robin is mostly traversing large granit surfaces. While Robin is definitely more technical, I also enjoy it a lot more. Stayed at Tuck for one night, lake is warm enough to swim in for quite awhile. Then stayed at Robin for one night, lake is a lot colder. Bugs were only a moderate annoyance.