Tuck and Robin Lakes

Tuck and Robin Lakes is a 13.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take I-90 East to the Roslyn/Salmon La Sac exit (Exit 80). Turn Left off the exit and head North for 2.8 miles to T-junction. Turn Left onto Highway 903 North. Continue following 903 North through Roslyn and Ronald and along Cle Elum Lake, 16.5 miles to pavement end. The road forks here; take the Right fork and continue another 12.4 miles on Forest Road 4330 to the Deception Pass trailhead at road's end. The road crosses 2 streams, which run high early in the season. If you don't have a high clearance vehicle, consider parking and fording the creeks on your walk or bike ride up the road to the trailhead.

This one starts out easy. It's almost misleading. But once the switchbacks start, it's a definite burner. I would say this was one of the harder ones I've done. The last 1.5 mile stretch to Tuck is hard and exhausting. But once you're up it's so worth it. Beautiful views. The trail up to Robin is hard to find. Multiple groups including ours were lost trying to find it.

Tried to drive up to the trailhead this morning but the road is closed due to wildfires

The hike up to Tuck is extremely difficult (especially with full packs). It's very steep and you gain 1100' over a mile. The view was amazing and definitely worth it though. My husband and I decided not to go on to Robin due to the fact that we were only on day 1 of a 4 day trip and didn't want to push ourselves. There were plenty of campsites right as you came on the lake; I counted 4 total, and I believe there are more around the other side of the lake. If you decided to stay at tuck, I advise climbing up part-way to Robin just for the view.

Amazing yet grueling! Camped up at Robin lakes and I definitely suggest it over Tuck lake. Past Tuck, the trail is very hard to follow and mainly a scramble up rocks, use caution.

Nice hike!

Great hike. I wanted to test my fitness for a 1 day hike and it did just that. Lots of variety. Great scenery. Awesome views. But there was more people then I hoped for.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Spectacular views, good fishing and abundant wildlife

Monday, July 04, 2016

Robin Lakes are wonderful.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Loved every minute of it!! just posted a great review of it on my blog! check it out http://jonfouquier.com/journal/2016/1/6/tuck-and-robin-lakes

Thursday, September 10, 2015

My father took me when I was younger. Great hike and camp site on the spit that divides upper and lower Robin lakes. Caught fish with bare hands on the creek that joins robin lakes, a trip I will never forget.

Monday, June 15, 2015

This trail is definitely not moderate, strenuous, arduous, difficult, and at times relentless. Bring lots of water, tuck lake is a beautiful lake, but nothing compared to how majestic Robin lakes are. Once you get to Tuck lake you either have the choice take the trail to your right which leads up that middle ridge in between tuck lake. Or to your left which takes you up to Robin lakes through granite Mountain i recommend going up on the left side of Tuck lake. Keep left then you will cross a small creek then continue and you will see a rocky ridge that's where you're hike begins to Robins lake through Granite mountain. ( breathless views) through that trail to Robins. On your way back down take the other trail allot easier and safer then going down on granite for a mile and a half. Enjoy hopefully my advise helps.

Friday, January 09, 2015

Boyd Massie's review is spot on, but you'd better be in shape to do this hike, as it is more a "climb" then a hike. The scenery is well worth it though. Some of the prettiest country around. Kind of hard to find the "trail" up to Robin Lake though. It is marked with cairns, but there are lots of little off-shoot trails that can lead a hiker astray quite easily.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

8 mile one-way / 16 mile round-trip journey. The first 3-4 miles alongside Hyas Lake are level and then you exit the main trail and gain altitude quickly! 1,000 ft. & 1.5 miles up to Tuck Lake - a quaint little enclosed lake. Quite a few people swimming and jumping off the rocks on this particular gorgeous day. The remainder of the hike is a steep trek of nearly 2,000 feet on the exposed terrain. Expansive views, great weather, unique terrain, mild crowds, beautiful scenery and minimal bugs. To my delight we encountered a handful of curious mountain goats immediately upon arrival! Be cautious, though, as they aren't afraid to approach you (or even stalk you), but be sure to take advantage of the photographic opportunity. We even caught and released a few fish in Robin Lake and took a chilling dip in the water. I highly recommend visiting Tuck and Robin Lakes - it's well worth it!

(Experience based on '08 trip)

Saturday, October 01, 2016