Tuck and Robin Lakes

Tuck and Robin Lakes is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take I-90 East to the Roslyn/Salmon La Sac exit (Exit 80). Turn Left off the exit and head North for 2.8 miles to T-junction. Turn Left onto Highway 903 North. Continue following 903 North through Roslyn and Ronald and along Cle Elum Lake, 16.5 miles to pavement end. The road forks here; take the Right fork and continue another 12.4 miles on Forest Road 4330 to the Deception Pass trailhead at road's end. The road crosses 2 streams, which run high early in the season. If you don't have a high clearance vehicle, consider parking and fording the creeks on your walk or bike ride up the road to the trailhead.

Incredible. The views are AMAZING and while we didn't go to Robin lakes this time around, we did spend three days at Tuck.

Like most reviewers said, it's a few miles off flat hiking before turning up to the right just after Hyas Lake. Switchbacks start here and go up at a steady pace for about two miles. At this point, you'll hit the "T" with 'Tuck and Robin Lakes' scribed on a sign posted on a tree. If you continue straight, it'll take you to Marmot and Jade Lake but if you turn right, you'll be on the path to Tuck and Robin Lakes. The path to T@R lakes heads downward for a little before turning straight up for the final 1.5 mile climb to Tuck. You can set up camp and do Robin Lakes as a day hike if you choose or trudge on to Robin. Cairns mark the way on the right side of the lake to climb over the huge boulders before finally hitting the dirt trail heading up.

The bugs were hit and miss... A light breeze blows through and takes em away most of the time but when it stops blowing, the bugs ate us alive. My nephew fished Tuck and got some really nice 6-8 inch cutthroat trout but the fishing wasn't as good as he would have hoped. Hikers coming down from Robin had the same luck. We were packing up today (8/14/18) and a family of goats wandered into camp and wouldn't leave. Darn things followed us around like dogs for a while until we finally got everything picked up to go. Really fascinating animals as ive never been this close to em. All in all, it was a steep hike and with enough bug spray, it was worth every aching muscle.

The smoke haze was really moving in today so if you're considering going in anytime soon, do it now rather then later. My opinion, of course.

Happy hiking y'all!

Devin

Did 3 days 2 nights at robin lake with my dog. We started at 7am and made it to robin by 1pm. The first 3 miles are easy with virtually no elevation gain to Hyas. The real work starts at the turn off to go up towards Tuck Lake. The grade is steep and terrain is loose dirt which makes it that much harder to get up. It was flying in my face which was irritating but Tuck was a beautiful spot. There was an FSR at tuck and robin so make sure your dog is leashed up. The hike to robin was hot and hard in the afternoon. I forgot to fill water at tuck and made a struggle to get up the last stretch so make sure you’re hydrated or it will be miserable or potentially dangerous. A couple spots involve lifting your body up boulders and steep sections of granite so keep that in mind when considering you’re hauling a 40-50lb bag. I had to boost my dog on a few rock to get her up the mountain. The views were unbelievable. It’s almost spiritual with the amount of beauty up there. The bugs weren’t bad for us, but we used a good deal of permethrin on my gear which I think helped. A ton to explore and always make sure to leave it better than you found it.

the last 1 mile is straight up. safe but steep. awesome views. took my wife Robin and dog tuck on this one for sure

This is AMAZING! It is quite the trek, we went to Robins lake in one day-left about 930am and made it to Robins lake about 5pm. There is a sign to turn off for the lakes. From there, it goes right up to Tuck for 1.1 miles (feels like more). Getting up to Robins is the trick. We missed the trail and nearly scrambled the 1.5 miles to Robins lake. Most of the reviews say "follow the cairns", we followed the rock structures. and even going off path we found our way to the top.

To get to Robins Lake, go to the right of Tuck and the rock structures start immediately. Seriously, follow these and even if you miss the "right path" these get you to the top. Really tough hikee, but really worth it.

One of my favorite backpacking trips. The last two miles to tuck lake is really really hard but take your time and you'll get there :) its very worth it. Amazing views from up there of other mountains and lakes and the hike up to Robin lakes took us about 30min so that's worth checking out too. Really diverse terrain and I love the pristine forest by the trailhead. We saw some airforce training or whatnot and the pilots blast by doing crazy flips. Truly a wonderful trip.

I loved this hike, views were beautiful! Definitely bring bug spray! There were a lot of mountain goats early in the morning at Robin lake! We also made time to hike from Trico mountain from here, would recommend if you have some free time.

Side Note: Men’s wedding band was found on 7/13 if someone happens to know who lost it.

Bring your bug spray! This hike is hard, also if you have a small car you wont be able to make it across the creek running over the roadway.

The first 3 miles were pretty easy as previous people have said. There were a few small stream crossings but nothing so difficult you couldn't walk on rocks. Then came the next 3 miles(ish) of good gain and with a backpack, was a bit of a workout for me. Getting to Tuck Lake was nothing compared to getting to Robin. We lost the trail once or twice but thankfully there were cairns everywhere so it was pretty easy to follow. There were only a few patches of snow left but they were pretty easy to get across. The last part of the hike was walking up a pretty steep granite (which was pretty sticky and I didn't worry about my feet slipping). Don't forget to turn around when you're up there because the mountains behind you are absolutely beautiful. It's a great photo op before you cross over the top and head down to Robin Lake.

This one starts out easy. It's almost misleading. But once the switchbacks start, it's a definite burner. I would say this was one of the harder ones I've done. The last 1.5 mile stretch to Tuck is hard and exhausting. But once you're up it's so worth it. Beautiful views. The trail up to Robin is hard to find. Multiple groups including ours were lost trying to find it.

Tried to drive up to the trailhead this morning but the road is closed due to wildfires

The hike up to Tuck is extremely difficult (especially with full packs). It's very steep and you gain 1100' over a mile. The view was amazing and definitely worth it though. My husband and I decided not to go on to Robin due to the fact that we were only on day 1 of a 4 day trip and didn't want to push ourselves. There were plenty of campsites right as you came on the lake; I counted 4 total, and I believe there are more around the other side of the lake. If you decided to stay at tuck, I advise climbing up part-way to Robin just for the view.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Amazing yet grueling! Camped up at Robin lakes and I definitely suggest it over Tuck lake. Past Tuck, the trail is very hard to follow and mainly a scramble up rocks, use caution.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Nice hike!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great hike. I wanted to test my fitness for a 1 day hike and it did just that. Lots of variety. Great scenery. Awesome views. But there was more people then I hoped for.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Spectacular views, good fishing and abundant wildlife

Monday, July 04, 2016

Robin Lakes are wonderful.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Loved every minute of it!! just posted a great review of it on my blog! check it out http://jonfouquier.com/journal/2016/1/6/tuck-and-robin-lakes

Thursday, September 10, 2015

My father took me when I was younger. Great hike and camp site on the spit that divides upper and lower Robin lakes. Caught fish with bare hands on the creek that joins robin lakes, a trip I will never forget.

Monday, June 15, 2015

This trail is definitely not moderate, strenuous, arduous, difficult, and at times relentless. Bring lots of water, tuck lake is a beautiful lake, but nothing compared to how majestic Robin lakes are. Once you get to Tuck lake you either have the choice take the trail to your right which leads up that middle ridge in between tuck lake. Or to your left which takes you up to Robin lakes through granite Mountain i recommend going up on the left side of Tuck lake. Keep left then you will cross a small creek then continue and you will see a rocky ridge that's where you're hike begins to Robins lake through Granite mountain. ( breathless views) through that trail to Robins. On your way back down take the other trail allot easier and safer then going down on granite for a mile and a half. Enjoy hopefully my advise helps.

Friday, January 09, 2015

Boyd Massie's review is spot on, but you'd better be in shape to do this hike, as it is more a "climb" then a hike. The scenery is well worth it though. Some of the prettiest country around. Kind of hard to find the "trail" up to Robin Lake though. It is marked with cairns, but there are lots of little off-shoot trails that can lead a hiker astray quite easily.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

8 mile one-way / 16 mile round-trip journey. The first 3-4 miles alongside Hyas Lake are level and then you exit the main trail and gain altitude quickly! 1,000 ft. & 1.5 miles up to Tuck Lake - a quaint little enclosed lake. Quite a few people swimming and jumping off the rocks on this particular gorgeous day. The remainder of the hike is a steep trek of nearly 2,000 feet on the exposed terrain. Expansive views, great weather, unique terrain, mild crowds, beautiful scenery and minimal bugs. To my delight we encountered a handful of curious mountain goats immediately upon arrival! Be cautious, though, as they aren't afraid to approach you (or even stalk you), but be sure to take advantage of the photographic opportunity. We even caught and released a few fish in Robin Lake and took a chilling dip in the water. I highly recommend visiting Tuck and Robin Lakes - it's well worth it!

(Experience based on '08 trip)