Okay, so between Alltrails and WTA the "difficulty" of the trail from West Fork Foss is different. WTA I would say is a little more accurate between Miles and Difficulty on a lot of trail comparisons. I highly suggest you look at both to get an idea of what you're getting into.

With that said: We decided to go the Malachite Lake Trail, instead of continuing to Copper Lake. We will make another trip to Copper, but with the heat today and just curiosity we decided to take the fork Right instead of slightly left. After many many rocky switch backs, roots and more rocks, that a nearly staring up bolder climb for 230 feet, you reach an amazingly beautiful... Alpine Lake.

This water is crystal blue/ clear and its just breath taking. Well worth the beat up on my knee (I have had my ACL operated on twice). In all, we went 11 miles RT, after a night of camping up there the bugs were just to much. The lake felt great after such a hot Sunday/ Monday and my gosh the trout just thrive up there!! The snow banks just makes you realize how high in elevation you truly!

One thing to note, WEAR PROPER FOOTWEAR!! I can't tell you enough how rocky this hike is after Trout Lake.

The lake is worth the torture but as your going up the switch backs don't fail to look up every once in a while and taking in what mother nature has gifted us... there is some amazing waterfalls throughout the hike and I saw a few people not even realize it because they were more worried on the rocks.

This is not kid friendly pass Trout Lake, I saw some dogs coming up and I am not exactly sure I would bring my pups up in that kind of heat with all those rocks and how HOT they were from soaking in the sun!!