Tronsen Ridge Trail

Tronsen Ridge Trail is a 10.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cashmere, Washington that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

My wife and friends and I hiked Tronsen Meadow Trail and Tronsen Ridge Trail near Blewett Pass. We drove a 1.5 mile long bumpy dirt road (FR 7240) to Tronsen Meadow Trailhead. We are the only car at the trailhead. The weather was sunny and warm. We saw Tweedy's lewisia and other wildflowers. Mountain views were also great.

I only did half the trail because my dog looked whooped already and I didn't want him to heatstroke. The trail is very exposed and despite stopping at the shady spots and watering him up, this trail was a bit too much for my Pyrenees mix. The smaller sportier dog did fine and I had sunscreen and a hat on. But beware the sun is brutal out there. I had put on bug spray too but either it worked or I just didn't see that many insects. Lots of views although everything is quite distant, and wildflowers like crazy! I was so excited by all the wildflowers, can't even tell you. I entered from the south trailhead which is the downhill route meaning uphill on the way out. I also saved the spur trail to the high point of the trail for the way out, this was a mistake. It's a real leg burner coming from the other side but would have been a gentle grade from the other direction. Motorized vehicles can also use this trail but the dirt bikers we encountered were nice, stopped and commented they didn't know if the big dog was a polar bear or a mountain goat at first. Forest roads to the south trailhead were in good condition, if I were in a low clearance vehicle I would have been a little tense toward the end but I saw a standard sedan at the trailhead so... either way I was happy to have a truck. North trailhead seems questionable right now, definitely need clearance but with the big old boulder in the middle of the road, I didn't think my enormous crew cab long bed truck was a good idea either. Such a nice hike though!

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Monday, September 28, 2015

Make sure you have a jeep or a off road vehicle to reach the trailhead.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Did this hike yesterday and it was pleasant though the trail is little more than a game track a lot of the way but I enjoyed not running across anyone. It's rather steep the whole 2.6 miles in but plenty of vistas to look at before getting all the way to the ridge. Ground is still pretty solid and frosty with a bit of mud and snow to cross. The main issue is the road coming in. You'll need something like a jeep or pickup that has 4WD to get to the trailhead easier. I'm not sure a car would even make it.