Trail #25 is a 18.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length18.2 miElevation gain1,696 ftRoute typeLoop
Dogs on leashkid friendlyHikingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingForestViewswild-flowersWildlifeBugsFee
Description
Waypoints (0)

The Discover Pass is required for vehicular entrance to this park. An Annual Pass costs $30 and a Day Pass is $10.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (58)
Photos (615)
Recordings (61)
Completed (103)
Barbara Michel
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 29, 2020
Walking

Overall I enjoyed this a lot. Passes by some beautiful areas. In the middle it was basically walking through a residential area, which is why I downgraded it to four stars instead of five.

View Barbara's Recording
Melanie K.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 16, 2020
Hiking

My family and I started at the swinging bridge and did just a short section toward town and back. The views of the river are beautiful, the trail is in great shape, not a lot of elevation in this section, but a bit rocky at times (if you were hiking with younger children it might be tough - my 10 year old loved the rocks!) Lots of people out using this area.

Ireland Collins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 5, 2020
Hiking

We took our horses for a couple hours in the morning and it was beautiful.

View Ireland's Recording
Tom Nichols
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 19, 2020
Hiking

My favorite nearby running trail. It would be nice if leashes were actually used.

Ellie Rickards
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 10, 2020
Hiking

Would do again but is long. Best to park in equestrian lot where you can pay

View Ellie 's Recording
Jaden Friedle
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 25, 2020
HikingMuddy
View Jaden's Recording
Nick Crooks
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 15, 2019
Hiking

Note: no parking at trailhead. Have to park at Equestrian Campground which actually makes this about a 19.4 mile loop.

View Nick's Recording
David Kailey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 30, 2019

great trail good ride, not very much elevation change. good riding trail to get back into shape for the summer.

James Akramoff
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 25, 2019
RunningMuddySnowWashed out

Not best time of year. Still muddy, some of the trail was under fast moving water. Had to back track 3 times. I still had a blast. Only reason for the 4 stars has trail conditions. Will be back later in the year.

View James's Recording
Angela Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 31, 2018

fun hike with great river views. Alot of diffrent paths to take.

christen soria
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 30, 2018
Hiking

This trail seems endless! There are several off shoots that once familiar with the area, you can make up a walk as long as you like. I do anywhere between 4-8 miles when I go.

Philippe Boutros
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 27, 2018
Running

Amazing trail. My dog and I ran it in February, and you have to ford 3-4 creeks. The last one ("Deep Creek") is a bit adventurous, but that's probably because the waters were higher than normal. Was totally feasible though, beautiful, and so much fun!!!

Scott Sullens
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 17, 2017
Horseback riding

Awesome trail closer to 26 miles though

Tony Lyles
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 29, 2017
Hiking

A nice and easy hike. It is great to do with dogs as well. My puppies loved the trail!

Kristine Miller
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 11, 2017

it is just a straight walk. no crowd dog friendly as long as they mind you well

Agnes Reizik
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 20, 2016
First to Review

I recently moved to Washington from California and last week my dog, Major, finally made the long road trip with me. Now that he's here with me the search for nearby trails that are dog friendly begins for our daily dog walks! Okay, perhaps not daily... but living in Airway Heights by the Walmart area I'm most certainly motivated to drive our buttocks elsewhere. Tonight was the first night where we set out with the Crosstrek and headed for the nearest trailhead that I could spot using AllTrails app. It landed us on one of the many trails within Riverside State Park - trail # 25. I don't have a Discovery Pass, yet! It's absolutely and most definitely on my long to do list to purchase one. However, for now, as I'm on a limited budget (no job in 2016 - by choice) I must find parking by trailheads that are fee free. Tonight, I got lucky as this trailhead had plenty of room for the Crosstrek and by the looks of it 5-8 additional cars could easily and safely park in the spot I found on the side of the road. I'm not an expert on such things, but I figure if there is not a sign posted prohibiting me from parking then it must be allowed. As always, I set out in the wrong direction and started trekking up the service road. When I reached the top of the hill I saw the trail below and confirmed with my AllTrails app that I'm on the "wrong trail" so I headed back down the hill and spotted the trail just to the right of the service road marked off by a white painted gate and had my usual "duh-uh!" moment. Major and I lazily meandered through the park. The trail starts off with power lines up and above and on both sides, but who really cares when there are lots and lots of blooming wildflowers. The further you walk in on the trail the further you get from the hustle and bustle of the main road, W Trails Road, which is a bonus in my book. The flowers are bountiful, but so are the mosquitos. So, if that bugs you then be sure to come prepared with bug spray. I'm curious how long into the year these guys will last. Not so used to them coming from CA. Not saying we didn't have them, but they're definitely in way more abundance here in WA. Probably because of all the awesome water everywhere! Major most certainly is not fond of them and he goes "chopstick Mr. Miyagi" on them. Absolutely loved all the pretty wildflowers in full bloom. Taking pics of them is quite the challenge with an anxious vizsla, but Major was a pretty good sport about it for the most part. Other than the occasional tug on the leash which would render my photo out of focus. If you've ever tried taking a close up a flower you'll know the difficulty in getting that perfectly still zoomed in photo as you hold your breath that the wind stops blowing for that split second that you need to hit the button to capture the flower. Add a dog to this maneuver and yeah, got yourself into double trouble. Trail is mostly flat and very little incline. There are a couple trails that branch off to the right (East). The trail that I continued on had a brief "semi-steep" incline through a very thick brush and it ended up connecting to the same service road that I avoided in the beginning. Having met up with the same trail I decided to make our way back to the car via the service road. I thought it would be faster because it's a straight shot back to where my car was parked, but instead found that it was a bit like walking on railroad tracks. The trail is covered with rocks with rough and jagged edges and because they are not tiny pebbled they roll left and right as you step on them. Not saying crazy difficult just possibly as much time to walk back on it as the trail below would have taken. I can't tell tonight as on the way in I stopped and took lots of pics while on the way out I just enjoyed walking alongside my dog. Yeah. I let him lead us back. Oh! And the most exciting news is I saw a wild turkey cross the road. When the bird spotted Major he wobbled away from us and hid somewhere in the bushes. As for my dog. Well, he was about as oblivious as he could be for which I'm delighted as I love it whenever I can avoid him trying to chase after something he deems "chaseable."

AllTrails User
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 7, 2021
Running
Nick Crooks
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 7, 2020
View Nick's Recording
HILARY BELL
Gray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 3, 2020
View HILARY's Recording
Annika Bjornson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 7, 2020
View Annika's Recording
matthew kirby
Gray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 7, 2020
View matthew's Recording
Aaron carlson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 26, 2020
View Aaron's Recording
Lee White
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 15, 2020
View Lee's Recording
Kayla Manning
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 12, 2020
View Kayla's Recording
Marlaine McCauley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 10, 2020
Horseback riding
View Marlaine's Recording
Josh Estelle
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 1, 2020
Fishing
View Josh's Recording
Kyle G
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 26, 2020
View Kyle's Recording
Julia Carlson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 22, 2020
View Julia's Recording