Tolt Pipeline Trail is a 11.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Bothell, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 11.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,456 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

rails trails

Please note portions of this trail are paved and other portions are not. The portions that are not paved may be muddy and difficult to pass on a road bike or with a wheelchair.

Because it's close to where I live I use it frequently as a predictable workout. It's not scenic excepting during snow and even on a starry night. People use it frequently as I do, but it's like a treadmill with good terrain changes.

Not the prettiest, but in good shape and great for running. If you’re just looking for a pretty hike, there are better options but this is great for getting in trail miles. I ran/hiked this today in prep for a trail half marathon. There are some places where you have to zig zag and go on surface streets to regain the trail and directional signs are non existent. This map was super helpful.

Convenience makes this hike/walk a no brainer for me. I walk it on a weekly basis. Usually starting in Woodinville at “heart attack hill”. This hill and the one behind Wayne’s Golf Course in Bothell have a pretty steep incline and are a great way to get the heart pumping. I always see other runners, cyclists, horseback riders, etc... but I would never describe the trail as crowded and always feel safe.

Very steep right from the beginning, I would suggest tarting a little into the tail on one of the cross roads if you are starting from the east end. And getting across I-405 was a little confusing but all you have to do is follow the power lines to find it. Once you get across the River there are few interruptions and I enjoyed that part much more.

A nice trail for a walk in the morning.

Refmond trail head near horse park. Nice! Watch ur step!

Fri Oct 05 2018

This trail is conveniently located near where I live so it's a go to when I need hills incorporated into my training. It's nice and peaceful but there are houses on much of it. This is one that I like to take my headphones with and zone out. I wouldn't agree with the other comments about the gates, they haven't been an issue for me and I still couldn't understand why they would be even with a bike...

Wed Jan 17 2018

I've hiked this many times. love the challenge and the ability to do the connecting trails. I also like the diversity of users, horse riders, bikers, dog walkers, hikers w/wo kids etc. My husband and I have often hiked it twice in one weekend because it is so convenient to get to and is not crowded.

Fri Nov 24 2017

Wed Oct 11 2017

The Tolt is a family favorite, primarily due to its convenience, but has been fabulous for everything from the daily dog walk to trail/marathon/ultra training due to its ever-changing grade, combination of grass/gravel/dirt terrain, low interruption from cross-roads and scenic views.

Sun Aug 20 2017

The trail travels through nice area but it is very much up hill and down hill. There are gates at the bottom of each hill so you can't ride for very long without having to stop and go through a gate. I won't ride it again!!!!!!

Fri Dec 02 2016

I wouldn't do it again, every .5 miles it seems you're stopping at a roadway to cross over waiting for the cars to pass by, plus it's a serious up and down scenario where hills you have to walk your bike up and break super hard going down because of the uneven gravel.

Mon May 09 2016

Nice paved trail. Good hills to get your heart rate up.

Sun Nov 01 2015

It kicked my butt. I was out of shape and heart attack hill destroyed me! I ride this every year for the stinky spoke

Fri Oct 09 2015

Nice trail

Wed Apr 01 2015

Really nice trail for walking the dog or going for a jog. Not too busy and there are plenty of different places to start if you feel like changing it up.

Sun Jan 11 2015

We've been living near here for over 10 years and finally decide to take the dog for a walk east from Big Rock road for about 60 minutes. Nice, wide rolling hill walk. I'll come back for a little run and low key bike ride. Easy parking.

Sun Sep 01 2013

Great ride from Sammamish River Trail as long as you can get over the first crazy climb.

Thu Mar 14 2013

I hiked this from the Mink Road parking area down to the 'bathtub' where the trail starts down to its end. You can see the Duval Valley from this spot. My pocket pedometer put me just over three miles from Mink Road when I stopped and turned around. I wore my backpack with some weight, this is the beginning of my getting in shape for summer backpacking. The trail/path is 50' or more wide and an easy hike. Heading the way I did is mostly uphill or flat with one steep portion of about 500 yards. Some traffic, a few horses, bicycles and runners but the path is so wide there is never an issue. The path was pretty dry, could get muddy but looks like it probably drains well. I will do the other direction next time.

recorded Tolt Pipeline Trail