New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Titlow Park

Titlow Park is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Real nice. Very easy with almost no grades.

nice easy hike. good views of bridge and sound. ducks in pond. nice even though rainy day.

Very relaxed and a fun walk . Lots of paved routes for a stroller or if your backpacking with a little one it’s flat terrain . Many paved walkways and you can walk on the beach lots of rocks though but you can manage it ! Great to relax on the benches and watch the sunset.

great work young kids

pros: * fur baby friendly * small kiddo friendly w play ground and spray park * big parking area * view of bridge cons: * noisy and night life *some garbage *short visit may 2019

Great park for walking my dog. If you go into the forested area you’ll see beautiful water views.

Great for a short trail run with a mix of paved, gravel, and dirt trails depending on where you go. Be careful when running along the trail next to the sound as it gets right next to a large drop to the beach at a few spots. Great run during sunset on the sound with the occasional smell of marijuana wafting through the air.

Thu Jan 10 2019

A nice quick walk with the dog or kids. Did the loop three times. Walking on the beach is always fun. Nice views at Sunset over the water. Just an average walking trail.

Sun Sep 23 2018

We walk this park a few times a week. Never noticed any homeless people? It was never completely closed, and is now open. Beach access is great, except at high tide. The trails are well maintained. Pond is full of ducks, and the occasional Heron. We’ve even seen an otter there! Playground always full of kids. 2 clean bathrooms. It’s a great place!

Sat Sep 22 2018

9/22/18 No longer closed. A small portion of the trail was closed last year for maintenance but now is open.

Sun Sep 16 2018

This is such a beautiful trail to run. You can tell though that there are so homeless people who live in there but they didn’t bug us during our run or anything. There wasn’t anything about it being closed during though.

Mon Jul 16 2018

When did it close? This is still a great place for a short beach hike and not too bad for city goers. As for the homeless people, they are everywhere in Tacoma, so if you have issues-probably not a good pick. This hike is better than Point Defiance when it's open in my opinion.

Wed Jun 27 2018

Oh my God. You mean homeless people are alive in Tacoma. What ever shall we do with all these homeless people? Well the answer is obvious. We must have this facility, a facility that protects us from homeless people, reopened immediately. This is our only hope if we are to protect our far superior way of life and really sad way of seeing the less fortunate. Ya know not to far in our past we talked (and some still do) about blacks, gays and (insert other than white male here) the same way. In fact, right now we’re doing it to families and to children. So educate yourself so you know when you’re part of the problem. Happy hiking.

Sat May 05 2018

They failed to inform you that this park is closed for “upgrading” all the trails are closed and you can’t drive on the bridge. It is all blocked off with fencing. Riddled with homeless people camping since park rangers or the city doesn’t watch it anymore since it closed down. Don’t waste your time.

Mon Dec 04 2017

This is a nice area to walk, but if you do decide to come here park in the normal parking lot. Don't park in the gravel area passed there. Someone decided to break my window in my car the other day. A fellow dog walker stopped to make sure I was ok and also warned me of parking here- says it happens quite often.

Mon Sep 25 2017

I have enjoyed the walk since I was a little kid beautiful place to bring children and family

Sat Aug 19 2017

Nice, relaxing, great view, fresh air, easy walk.

Thu Jun 22 2017

Good place for spending time with family and kids.

Thu Jun 15 2017

This is one of my favorite places in the area! Awesome park for kiddos to play and then walk the trails along the beach. Especially fun during low tides!

Tue May 30 2017

Fine for a quick urban hike.

Wed May 24 2017

This place is pretty nice, very relaxing. I rode my bike through the trails here twice, it's not very challenging, but calm and easy. There are numerous areas along the trail to take some awesome pictures, a perfect place to relax and/or get a short workout in whether it be running, walking or biking. Be sure to make a stop by the beach for some beautiful views of the Puget sound and the narrows bridge

Sun May 07 2017

It was a beautiful evening and we were in the area right by Titlow beach park. So my girlfriend and I decided we should probably check it out. I've been to the beach there before but never walked the trails. The whole park is gorgeous and really clean. It was around 6:30 PM on a Saturday and there was a good amount of people there.. mainly near the playground though. The trails and beach were nearly vacant aside from maybe 7 or 8 other group's we walked past on the way. There are 2 different trail lines here.. one is about 1.6 miles and the other only .8 miles. We did the longer one which takes you past the shore line. It was a perfect time to be on the trail up above the beach, watching the sun starting to set over the water is stunning.The view ahead of you once you cross a small bridge over the tracks and the Puget sound and Narrows bridge suddenly come into frame is awesome! We sat up on one of the cliffs in the forest overlooking the water for a bit before moving on. It's actually a lot more peaceful there than I expected it to be. The trails were a little muddy in some areas but that's to be expected living in washington state in spring. My only complaint would be the complete lack of trail markers. There are a lot of splits and different options along the way and its a bit hard to figure out if your on the right path or not. Once you make it to the beach the trail is easy to navigate but the first half of it was slightly confusing. Other than that I love this trail, the view and the beach. We'll definitely be back! If your contemplating wether or not you want to try this trail out, I definitely recommend it. Have fun! ☺

Sun Apr 02 2017

Great for a quick run with the dogs. Barely anyone there so dogs can do a run along the beach.

Sat Apr 01 2017

Easy paths that are well maintained with beautiful views of the Sound and Narrows Bridge when you reach the beach. If you venture father north on the beach, it gets pretty tranquil and quiet.

Mon Mar 20 2017

very fun trail lots to explore,cant wait to take my daughter

Mon Feb 13 2017

Great day walk

Wed Sep 21 2016

Easy run, doesn't feel like 2.1 miles. Nice view.

Sat Jul 30 2016

This is a pretty hike along the water

Thu Jun 30 2016

a decent park. not much to do but take in the scenery. the water and its surroundings show a great view of chambers bay