Titlow Park

Titlow Park is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

We walk this park a few times a week. Never noticed any homeless people? It was never completely closed, and is now open. Beach access is great, except at high tide. The trails are well maintained. Pond is full of ducks, and the occasional Heron. We’ve even seen an otter there! Playground always full of kids. 2 clean bathrooms.
It’s a great place!

9/22/18 No longer closed. A small portion of the trail was closed last year for maintenance but now is open.

This is such a beautiful trail to run. You can tell though that there are so homeless people who live in there but they didn’t bug us during our run or anything. There wasn’t anything about it being closed during though.

When did it close? This is still a great place for a short beach hike and not too bad for city goers. As for the homeless people, they are everywhere in Tacoma, so if you have issues-probably not a good pick. This hike is better than Point Defiance when it's open in my opinion.

Oh my God. You mean homeless people are alive in Tacoma. What ever shall we do with all these homeless people? Well the answer is obvious. We must have this facility, a facility that protects us from homeless people, reopened immediately. This is our only hope if we are to protect our far superior way of life and really sad way of seeing the less fortunate. Ya know not to far in our past we talked (and some still do) about blacks, gays and (insert other than white male here) the same way. In fact, right now we’re doing it to families and to children. So educate yourself so you know when you’re part of the problem. Happy hiking.

They failed to inform you that this park is closed for “upgrading” all the trails are closed and you can’t drive on the bridge. It is all blocked off with fencing. Riddled with homeless people camping since park rangers or the city doesn’t watch it anymore since it closed down. Don’t waste your time.

Monday, December 04, 2017

This is a nice area to walk, but if you do decide to come here park in the normal parking lot. Don't park in the gravel area passed there. Someone decided to break my window in my car the other day. A fellow dog walker stopped to make sure I was ok and also warned me of parking here- says it happens quite often.

Monday, September 25, 2017

I have enjoyed the walk since I was a little kid beautiful place to bring children and family

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Nice, relaxing, great view, fresh air, easy walk.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Good place for spending time with family and kids.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

This is one of my favorite places in the area! Awesome park for kiddos to play and then walk the trails along the beach. Especially fun during low tides!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fine for a quick urban hike.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

This place is pretty nice, very relaxing. I rode my bike through the trails here twice, it's not very challenging, but calm and easy. There are numerous areas along the trail to take some awesome pictures, a perfect place to relax and/or get a short workout in whether it be running, walking or biking. Be sure to make a stop by the beach for some beautiful views of the Puget sound and the narrows bridge

Sunday, May 07, 2017

It was a beautiful evening and we were in the area right by Titlow beach park. So my girlfriend and I decided we should probably check it out. I've been to the beach there before but never walked the trails. The whole park is gorgeous and really clean. It was around 6:30 PM on a Saturday and there was a good amount of people there.. mainly near the playground though. The trails and beach were nearly vacant aside from maybe 7 or 8 other group's we walked past on the way. There are 2 different trail lines here.. one is about 1.6 miles and the other only .8 miles. We did the longer one which takes you past the shore line. It was a perfect time to be on the trail up above the beach, watching the sun starting to set over the water is stunning.The view ahead of you once you cross a small bridge over the tracks and the Puget sound and Narrows bridge suddenly come into frame is awesome! We sat up on one of the cliffs in the forest overlooking the water for a bit before moving on. It's actually a lot more peaceful there than I expected it to be. The trails were a little muddy in some areas but that's to be expected living in washington state in spring. My only complaint would be the complete lack of trail markers. There are a lot of splits and different options along the way and its a bit hard to figure out if your on the right path or not. Once you make it to the beach the trail is easy to navigate but the first half of it was slightly confusing. Other than that I love this trail, the view and the beach. We'll definitely be back! If your contemplating wether or not you want to try this trail out, I definitely recommend it. Have fun! ☺

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Great for a quick run with the dogs. Barely anyone there so dogs can do a run along the beach.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Easy paths that are well maintained with beautiful views of the Sound and Narrows Bridge when you reach the beach. If you venture father north on the beach, it gets pretty tranquil and quiet.

Monday, March 20, 2017

very fun trail lots to explore,cant wait to take my daughter

Monday, February 13, 2017

Great day walk

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Easy run, doesn't feel like 2.1 miles. Nice view.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

This is a pretty hike along the water

Thursday, June 30, 2016

a decent park. not much to do but take in the scenery. the water and its surroundings show a great view of chambers bay

Monday, May 30, 2016

Easy to walk and right by my house.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Pretty short, but a very pretty park. There's a hole in the fence that runs along part of the trail. It's super tempting to climb through and walk on the train tracks, and lots of people still do, but the tracks are very active so be careful! Overall a small and relaxing walk.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

it's short trail so i do two loops to somehow compensate, then i spend another hour playing fetch and watching my dogs swim at the beach. there's a spot that is mostly pebbles, not sand, so only people with dogs usually go to that area. there is a sandy beach and it gets a good crowd. there are people laying out, snorkeling and diving. great view. clean. there's a couple of restaurants / bars by the beach.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lame the park small

Saturday, September 01, 2012

There is a 1 mile trail loop down to T.O.A. This is a pretty walk in the day time. Its full of teenagers at night time. To many highschoolers with loud cars and booze at night. Beautiful dock in the day time. The lake is gross.