Tinkham Peak (Tinkham East Boot) Trail

Tinkham Peak (Tinkham East Boot) Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Finally made it and it is spectacular !!! Once you go all the way around the lake cross outflow/spillway and when u see a gully to the left, head that way... just before u cliff-out, look right and u will see the path. Steep climbs are broke-up with somewhat easy meadow walks. Once you find the path it's pretty easy to follow… I honestly had a much harder time coming down… once at the top you can easily find the path to the west(if you are doing the loop). As of today August 16, I really did not have any problems with bugs... but plenty of hornet nest to avoid. Pro tip: if you're running low on water, fill up at lake. There are no water sources beyond that on this boot path. At least not in late summer. Be safe... leave no trace.... have fun!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Great hike, the last climb is a butt kicker. Be careful coming down.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Directions to the trailhead on the iPhone are poor; the road is pretty sketchy and I had to finally back up and go to Lost Lake to reach the start. The initial trail to Mirror Lake has several streams crossing it so there is mud. A particular spot between Cottonwood Lake and Mirror Lake has some stumps to help you across a nasty pitch of black mud. Beware the slick beveled stump. I bit it there on the way back and stunk of muck.
The trail up Tinkham is hard to find at Mirror Lake. I ended up scrambling up a rock fall, inching along a small ledge when the climb became a class 5 affair, and eventually had to do the class 5 climb
because I had nowhere else to go but up. As I topped over the ridge suddenly I found the trail. I figured I'd find the trailhead on the way out but unfortunately lost the trail again and ended up sliding down the mountain (I called it glissading on debris) to Mirror Lake on the way out.
The climb to Tinkham on trail is steady to the saddle, then eases a bit before the final steep push. Getting to the very highest point on the peak takes a scramble over some exposed rock.
I suspect the views are glorious. I went yesterday morning and had wonderful views of clouds and mist.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Sunday, September 20, 2015

From beginning, this trail is basically like a regular hike to Mirror Lake, and starts from the same trailhead. When you pass around the Mirror Lake and begin hike on actual Tinkham East Boot trail, it becomes steep and elevates very fast. Actually, you gain above 1000 ft in less than a mile, so this is a demanding part of trail. But, the view you get on the top of Tinkham Peak definitely worth your efforts.