Tiger Mountain Trail

Tiger Mountain Trail is a 10.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

High Point Trailhead From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 20. Right off freeway, then take an immediate Right onto S.E. 79th St, go 1 mile to the trailhead.Tradition Plateau Trailhead From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 18. Stay right at the fork and turn right at the light onto Highlands Dr NE. The gravel parking area will be on the left hand side, a short distance down the road.Chirico Trail Trailhead From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 17. Turn right off the freeway onto Front Street and travel 2.8 miles to the gravel parking area on the left side of the road. The trailhead is across the field.

The map for this is wrong in one section. If you're going clockwise, once you get off Preston Railroad Grade don't follow the provided gps track. It takes you down into a mess of blowdowns and the 'trail' disappears. Stay on the road, get on the Silent Swamps trail (which wasn't accurately shown on AllTrails either.. I ended up using Backcountry Navigator to find my way through), then hook up with the Joyride trail, and follow that down to the Northwest Timber Trail.

I didn't get any views of Rainier as posted in the photos which was one reason why I came out here in the first place, kind of a bummer. I imagine people were going up the East Tiger Summit trail, just know it's not part of 'this' trail without a detour.. I wish I'd known that. The views from the Northwest Timber Trail were pretty good though.

I imagine this trail is more thrilling on a bike. On foot it was just okay. There's much better trails in this area.

Be prepared to yield to many, many cyclists. It's not a particularly amazing hike, so unless you plan on mountain biking I would save your time and sorry be there gas going somewhere else.