Tieton Nature Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, and mountain biking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 121 feet Route Type: Out & Back

nice and easy trail. great for family with little kids to take to. A few nats still and spider webbing through the trees which gets pretty annoying.. minor incline/decline in a couple parts so not to bad for people who are trying to recover from sport injuries to the lower body or back.. a lot of beautiful colorful foliage right now..

Beautiful fall colors and canyon walls. Tons of Lewis's woodpeckers stashing acorns along trail!

There’s not really a designated trail. It’s nice to view but very unsafe. Saw a few rattle snakes during late September. So be very careful.

took a side trail up ridge, good views.

River was nice. got off trail and climbed up the mountain a bit. would recommend

we came in the beginning of spring and were very happy and surprised with the range of foliage and terrain. from a flat, flowered valley and great views of the canyon on either side, the trail progresses into a woodsy area without much incline which is great for beginner level or a light stroll.

Nice walk in the park with hardly any elevation gain. Hiked from oak creek to the suspension bridge. In and out in less than 2 hours. Nice hike. Suitable for anyone. We saw someone rock climbing which was cool!

Nice easy trail with views of the canyon. Several parts of this trail follows close to the Tieton river. Still had a lot of snow on the trail, along with mud from the melting snow, but easy and passable. (no need for snowshoes, but trecking poles would be good right now). We didn't make it to the bridge, as our dog was tuckered out at the 1.2 mile mark. (we parked by the East entrance near the preserve entrance). we started mostly in the shade and it was a bit brisk, but about 15-mins in we were shedding our jackets.

closed

My husband and I took our little one on this 2 weeks ago. It was technically closed I think but the gate was open and people were still using it with snow shoes and is dog friendly. The river was going strong and was a nice feature of the trail. All in all a easy relaxing jaunt to get some steps in with the family.

Sun Sep 16 2018

Nice, mellow hike. Not too many people. Enjoyed seeing the rock climbers in the beginning of the path. My dog did find a rattlesnake in the middle of the path, but it quickly retreated under a tree. Still a little scary, suggest being wary.

Fri Apr 20 2018

I went whit my little family last weekend and it was nice some hikers up there somewhat trafficked

Sat Mar 31 2018

Easy trail to hike. No insects or snakes out.

Sat Dec 23 2017

Easy and close in. Nice views of Tieton River and big basalt cliffs. Fun swinging bridge.

Mon Jul 04 2016

I went by myself on this hike and maybe it would have been a little bit better with a partner. Some parts of the hike is covered in plants where rattlesnakes may pick to hangout at. This kept me on my toes alot. I think I was mainly focused on the what was around my feet more than the actual view. A mile in a heard rattlers, so that when I turned around and went home. Lots of wild life, and beautiful scenery, but just wasn't for me.

Mon May 23 2016

Trail is decent. Easy hike. Nice that the river runs by it. Ran into 4 rattlesnakes which all were laying in the path and difficult to see until you were right on top of them. I would honestly pass on this hike because of the amount of rattlesnakes. It makes it difficult to enjoy the hike because you are keeping an eye out for snakes. I have done this hike two times now and ran into snakes both times. It does have a cool floating bridge.

Mon May 02 2016

went the wrong way at first and ran into a lot of rattle snakes. but it was very exciting lol. then we went the other way and it was a very nice hike.

Sun Apr 03 2016

Good hike! Flat dry along Tieton River. There are bike riders and climbers in the area. This is a great place for climbing the basalt rocks but also nice hiking along the river. Today it was warm in the beginning with brush and deciduous later. Good shade. Definitely bring water and sunblock. It is part of the Oak Creek Wilderness Area. Good choice.

Fri Jun 05 2015

nice easy trail. look to your left and you will see people rock climbing. about 2and half miles in we ran into a rattle snake but it didnt do anything. if they dont feel a threat they wont attack. its the part when you hike a little hill then goes down again and it becomes wooded thats were you need to keep an eye out. then up ahead you will come to the floating bridge.

Sun May 25 2014

Lots of ticks. Easy walk and fun to watch the rock climbers.

Wed Apr 24 2013

Rattlesnakes are out - beware. Look out for ticks too.

Wed Apr 17 2013

Easy going ride along the river. Good warm up during early season.