Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Three Summits Loop Trail

Three Summits Loop Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was cloudy when we started our hike but did get some nice patches of sun. I personally love scenic hikes , which this does not have much of . We started the trail in a counterclockwise direction and were mostly hiking under a canopy of trees . This particular route we took had a trail closure which was not posted . The trail closed was the intersection of Preston trail and west tiger loop. Luckily we had Alltrails to get us in the right direction. We ended up taking west tiger to K3 to finish our loop which was steep down hill with slight switchbacks . It was great exercise and practice. We had the trail to ourselves for the most part. A tree came down about 50 yards from where we were which was cool to witness yet eerie at the same time .

Great hike, seem to have the mountain to myself. The trail’s in good shape, a little tight in places. Bring your phone/GPS, you will definitely need to refer to them from time to time. Warm up in the parking lot, you will get right to work!

This hike is a great workout. I went on Fri, July 6 at 5am.
I don’t like hiking on asphalt, nor through the tent city. So I just turned around and went back the way I came and got to see all those lovely views all over again. Got about 14 miles out of it.

The birds and I had the trail all to ourselves for the greater portion of the hike. I didn’t see anyone until my way back as I was passing through T#2, which was around 8:30. The views from T#3 and T#1 are spectacular.

Overall, the hike is a fun challenge with a great pay out. I highly recommend it!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Did West Tiger #3, #2, #1, then TMT (instead of the High Point and Lingering Trails), 8 miles and 2959 ft elevation for me. It was tricky finding the bridge to #2 from #3 - fortunately a fellow hiker pointed me right to it after seeing me wander around. Gorgeous views from #1, though the mountain cicadas by the Hiker's hut were kinda creepy sounding, ha.
Also, I was so happy to see a solo woman hiker wearing an AllTrails tshirt with a big friendly smile on her face! Thanks for that, made my hike! :D

Sunday, July 09, 2017

This is not an easy hike going up or coming down, but the view of Rainier is well worth the nuisances on Trail 3 and the harshness of the elevation. Poles made both up and down more manageable but be prepared for some sore knees from the descent!

Tiger Mountain Trail #3 is crowded and can get a bit annoying with people playing music and/or shouting but if you continue past the Trail 3 "summit", you'll be rewarded with a VERY quiet hike and on clear days a stunning view of Rainier at the Hiker's Hut. I did this entire loop today and got about 11 miles out of it.

The Hiker's Hut was a welcome surprise. I left a couple helpful items there and it was nice to sit on a padded bench for a moment!

I've added a couple pics of the Rainier view.

I knocked off a star because the loop dumps you out onto a road that takes you through a tent city and has you walking on asphalt for .5 mile or so. The folks in tent city are very polite but I felt kind of crappy for basically walking through their "front yard" and I wasn't happy with having to walk on asphalt until Highpoint Trail picked back up again close to the upper parking lot.

Gorgeous weather for the hike, 2652 total elevation gain, 11.16 miles total for me.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Trail was very defined all throughout the summits. Did it at night to get a view of Seattle and the surrounding areas. beautiful view and there is a "hikers hut" with electric sockets and benches to rest halfway through. We did it with 60 lb rucks, definitely challenging but not as bad as the description.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

4/15/2016 (Friday) -- Solo 8:15am - 1:45pm, cloudy, foggy on upper hills, 50-45-50F. It's hard to find the trail for writing a note of this trip though it takes Chirico and Poo Poo Point to start and return, it's main part is the loop above PPP, sequentially "One View - TMT - Seattle View - West Tiger RR Grade". While moving up to PPP at 9:30am, it was the quietest trek in my six visits. I encountered 7-8 groups of early birds coming down, but no one surpassed me. This time, PPP is not my destination but just a midway station. The loop above PPP was rarely used, so I encountered nobody, just a 4-member team of volunteers maintaining TMT. Though weather forecast showed that temperature at noon might rise to nearly 60F with sun breaks, I found it remained at 45-46F and densely foggy on the upper parts of the hills. I moved so close to the summits, but since I had visited them recently and there was no view in this cloudy day, I decided not to visit them again, but I did find a small loop that I can try in the future for WT1, which provides an awesome view in a fine day. I like the solitude of TMT and WTRR. WTRR is more interesting than expected as it features 4-5 running creeks and well-built footbridges and mixes a smooth "broadway" with sections of steep ups and downs. Seattle View is a very steep, unmarked trail provides no view but a shortcut between TMT and WTRR. Both One View and Seattle View are not marked on the AllTrails map. In the middle of One View, there is a plaque reading "15 Mile Gap". It took me about 3 hours to complete the loop, so I had lunch at PPP at 12:30. There were many people, including kids in spring break, and more people kept coming up on my way down to the parking, where temperature remained 50F (it will rise to above 80F in next two days!)

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Great! It definitely was not as difficult as the description. The best part of the experience is the diversity of the hike. Mud, snow, waterfalls, and elevation gain! Don't get me wrong, it was not easy. Just not difficult. Remember , it's not three summit if u do not summit the three peaks!!!

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

My friend and I wanted to have a new adventure and experience more of the rougher and difficult terrains so we went to Three Summits. We started on the path and realized there's at least 5 different routes you can use to see spectacular views. We took the directions that were indicated on the paperwork we had and took the trail veering to the right. We got lost a few times because the trails split off and go in at least 3 different directions, but if you just breath and use your inner compass, you'll set yourself in the right direction. Once we got about 1.5 hours in, we saw this amazing little cave (i have video on it) and stopped to take in all the different elements. When we got about 2 hours in, the steepness, muddiness and high elevation started. We wore sneaker with tracking, but they were mesh and got damp and extremely muddy then we hit this area that looked unkempt, but used our leg muscles to the core. I think that the whole trip took about 5 hours for us, but in the end, the view was beautiful and the leg workout and cardio was phenomenal.

recorded Three Summits Loop Trail