Three Corners Rock

Three Corners Rock is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stevenson, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,092 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The views are incredible on this hike on a clear day you can see Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson to the south, Mount St Helens and Mt. Rainier to the north and Mt. Adams to the northeast. This is a shorter hike but you do get a decent uphill climb and the views far exceed the effort to get to the top. There are lots of trails that lead up to Three Corner rock but this is the easiest. You do have to be careful when hiking this to make sure you turn off the PCT onto the trail that leads to 3 Corner Rock or you could be hiking much further than planned. Fall is a great time of year to do this hike. Some of the foliage was turning red and the views were incredible. If you visit in spring you will encounter lots of snow!

Really enjoyed this hike. Took us two hours. Not too steep / rigorous, wide-sweeping views at end, beautiful lush forest along the way. Only crossed two other people the whole trail. One note is that when you're almost at the top there's a fork in the trail with no signage (about 1.5 miles in), and you'll want to take a right. Also definitely make sure you go on a clear-skied day. Went Nov 30 of a warm, dry year. It was okay driving in with a 2 wheel drive vehicle, though we had to park .3 miles from the trailhead, as the final stretch was too snowy. The trail itself was covered in snow, and got a bit thicker towards the end, though still very manageable just with hiking boots. The top was extremely windy, and while the views were epic, both our faces and hands (even with gloves) went numb pretty quickly. While I enjoyed the hike, I wouldn't go back this late in the year, though I'd definitely return during the summer so I could more fully enjoy the top.

Moderate climb whole way up, not too hard. Great views at the top. Trail was in good condition, but it has been abnormally dry for this time of year.

We went on a clear day and the views at the top are absolutely epic. 100% one of the most underrated hikes I can think of.

This is a lovely trail, with a big bang for your buck on a clear enough day. today was a perfect day to see all 5 major peaks. It was somewhat windy near the tower and on the way up the rocks, but once at the top, the rock shielded me from the wind. It is worth the long and slower drive out. I made the drive in a sedan just fine.

Great out & back trail. Took about 2 and a half hours to complete- including time to take lots of pictures at the top. The incline is not too bad on the way up. Beautiful clear day today and saw all 5 mountains. Don’t forget to take your Discover Pass! We took our Goldendoodle who also enjoyed the hike. Would go again!

Uphill but not super steep, gorgeous views on a clear day.

part of the trail is on the Pacific Crest. there's a junction where it turns to the right as you had on up. when you get to the top it is Bear open and windy. there's a bit of a scramble to get to the actual 3 corners peak. get this with my daughter and a small dog. Saw only two hikers heading in the opposite direction. great trip!

A fairly long drive on the forest service road, but the road was in decent shape. Views were spectacular at the top. Very windy on the day we went. I didn’t make it to the top of the rocks because of the wind.

Road to the trailhead is a little rough but doable in a sedan. Trail was easy to moderate, with great views of Mt St Helens, Adams, Hood, and Jefferson on a clear day.

Short and steep, with a beautiful summit to have a snack

Nice quick out and back. The first half is a steady climb through some woods, there’s a sign where you turn for the remaining 3/4 mile and then you come to an intersection where it looks like a clay/rock road, turn right here to get to the top. Only takes about 2-2.5 hours total with a 30 minute pace. It was a partly cloudy, nice fall day when I went yesterday. I went around 4-6pm and only saw one other couple. The leaves are starting to show a little color, should be beautiful in the next couple of weeks. The 10 mile ride up the gravel road is slow, but my vw golf did fine with the clearance.

This was a steady uphill climb. The light beams were gorgeous in the morning with the mist floating around us. It was very well-shaded until you hit the Jeep road, which was kind of ugly. We went up the scramble which is hardly a scramble and was able to see 1 1/2 peaks out of 5. As gorgeous as the morning mist was, I may have waited just a bit before leaving so I would have had a clearer sky. Overall it's a decent hike. I give it a solid B.

Loved the trail! Shaded, slow climbing trail up to an amazing view!! Would like to take the grandkids here next year. We brought our two small dogs with us. The rock climb at the end was easy and view was spectacular! ❤️

We loved it! Will do it again!

Partially overgrown near the top but manageable. Love this hike.

Awesome views. Little tough to find. I recommend checking out on google earth before driving there.

Hiked Monday 6/17/19 from the pct on rd cg2090 parking area (which I think can hold 5 cars depending on sizes of vehicles). I was the first car in the parking area at 5:28am. There are no restrooms anywhere on these backcountry roads and the parking area is small. I took the washougal entrance on the way in, in the dark. If using Google maps be careful with the turns it tells you to make, I took a couple wrong turn on sketchy steep roads and had to find good spots to turn my suv around. The road from Washougal was I think better than the 2000 going to the 14. I took the 2000 going home and there are lots off rough areas, potholes and rock fall areas. The views on the 2000 forwards the 14 were gorgeous though. Both are the same amount of mileage though if you are driving the washougal way during the day there are a lot of trucks on the road I have heard.  I took the pct south to the 3 corner rock trail junction 2.34 miles from where I started, it's all up hill half is forested switchbacks and the other half hiking on the side of the mountain. The trail to 3 corner is really overgrown in places, went up past my stomach and I'm 6ft. It was also wet out the morning I went, so I got pretty wet from the waist down. After the overgrown it is washout style short grind to the top. 3 corner was socked in, in the am, but I did hike up the funky semi paved trail on the rock, till I got to a sketchy part and turned around (carrying a 30lbs pack). Could not even seen the radio tower in the am. I then hiked the pct south and was hoping to locate the table mountain North trail. I think it might have been at mile 8 or 9 for me (by the powerlines maybe?), but I did not make it. Lots of really overgrown areas on the pct south on the mountain to the north of table mountain area, up to my shoulders in spots. Also the hike down to north trailhead passes small scree areas and is downhill. I was pretty close though. Next time I will have to get out there earlier.  There is active logging operations downhill from the clear cut area and poison oak in the clear cut area.  On the way back to 3 corner from table area I took a couple roads to get to 3 corner for better views in the PM. Cg1519 or 1510, overshot the turn off onto a closed road I should have took and had to back track. There are a couple roads when you get views of 3 corner from the cg15 you can take but they both look shut down and overgrown and will take you to a road the runs parallel to the cg15 for a bit. It is not in the best of shape, but easy to follow.  I hiked 15.07 miles, 2803 elevation gain, 9hrs 44mins total time and 7hrs 21 mins moving time, solo. Only saw 3 people on the trail all on the way out and a state park employee on one of the roads I was hiking on. 3 corner rock with the views was well worth the long day. 4 peak views of mt st Helen's, mt Rainier, mt Adam's and mt hood at the top. Had a break at the radio tower. On the way down on the pct north I saw 3 people, an older gentleman at the ledge viewpoint and a couple near switchbacks. 2 other cars in the lot when I got back to the parking area at 3:29pm

Lovely hike! Road up to the trailhead is gravel for about 10 miles FYI. There’s a little pull off but not a parking lot. The hike itself took us probably 2ish hours. It’s almost all low-grade uphill and in the forest with lots of tree cover. There are peeks of views on the way up but the final summit view is panoramic and gorgeous. There is a fork in the trail right near the end when you’re maybe .25 mile to the end, turn right to head up to the top (when you see the cell tower, you’re there ;) ). A nice challenge and workout but nothing too rigorous. We saw two people at the trailhead but no one during the whole hike itself- went on a Friday. Enjoy!

Great hike! Not too hard but a great trail to get outside, sweat a little, and see a gorgeous view. The road to the trailhead is mostly gravel. Other descriptions and reviews describe the trailhead as having a parking lot—it is more of a dirt patch that can fit 6 cars or so. The trail is clear and wildflowers are starting to pop up. Definitely recommend the hike! The mountains are absolutely gorgeous, and I didn’t even have a totally clear day.

Great hike! Went 5/4/19, and was the only one on the trail. There were patches of snow here and there, and then full on snow the last mile to the top. Might want some gaiters, but I managed with just my hiking boots and a walking stick. It was mostly packed snow, so not too hard overall. Great views at the top!

Fri Oct 12 2018

Overall: This is a shorter hike but you do get a decent uphill climb and the views far exceed the effort to get to the top. There are lots of trails that lead up to Three Corner rock but this is the easiest. Trail Info: You do have to be careful when hiking this to make sure you turn off the PCT onto the trail that leads to 3 Corner Rock or you could be hiking much further than planned. I originally tried to do this in April of 2018 but we hit snow partially up CG2000. We parked and just snowshoed on the road. Finally did it in October 2018 and it was a perfect time of year. Some of the foliage was turning red and the views were incredible. Road: The roads to the trailhead are good. The only part that seems tricky is picking the right road when you get to the top of Rock Creek Pass. We took the far left road, which is CG 2090, and the parking area came up quick on the right. Park and take the trailhead up from the parking area (don't cross the road as that is the PCT going the opposite direction of where you want to go).