Thirteenmile Hiking Trail

Thirteenmile Hiking Trail is a 17.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Republic, Washington that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a really fun and taxing run. I've done it 3 times, saw some cows once. Lots of critters. Didn't see any snakes but saw plenty of evidence of large animals. Overall this is a great trail with a good range of views and conditions. There's water(a creek) at the trailhead so load up before you start.

I really enjoyed this hike, though not necessarily for reasons that others would. First, I was overjoyed to have the entire area to myself. I saw only one other party while I was out, which was exactly what I needed. Second, it was open when most of the trails i wanted to do are still snowed in. The terrain was pretty, but not spectacular. There were small streams every couple miles, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dried up later in the season. The trail was faint in places, but nothing horrible. Overall, a very pleasant overnight trip.