Thirteenmile Hiking Trail

Thirteenmile Hiking Trail is a 17.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Republic, Washington that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking.

This is a really fun and taxing run. I've done it 3 times, saw some cows once. Lots of critters. Didn't see any snakes but saw plenty of evidence of large animals. Overall this is a great trail with a good range of views and conditions. There's water(a creek) at the trailhead so load up before you start.

I really enjoyed this hike, though not necessarily for reasons that others would. First, I was overjoyed to have the entire area to myself. I saw only one other party while I was out, which was exactly what I needed. Second, it was open when most of the trails i wanted to do are still snowed in. The terrain was pretty, but not spectacular. There were small streams every couple miles, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dried up later in the season. The trail was faint in places, but nothing horrible. Overall, a very pleasant overnight trip.