Third Beach Trail to Taylor Point

Third Beach Trail to Taylor Point is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

From Port Angeles, West for 54 miles on US 101 to La Push Rd (Hwy 110.) Right for 8 miles to Y in road. Left at Y on La Push Rd for 3 miles to the trailhead on the left.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

The hike isn't that spectaculair but sleeping on the beach and waking up in the morning with breathtaking views makes it all worth it!

Monday, July 31, 2017

Lovely hike through the forest, declines quickly at the end. Be prepared for climbing over a lot of driftwood to get to the beach. We were there midweek and it was pretty quiet out there.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Fun

Thursday, January 12, 2017

One of the best easy hikes in the area. the beach views are amazing and the trail is well traveled. I am a slow hiker since a knee injury and really can only do gradual climbs. the only tricky part is the log jam at the beach itself, I just scurried over it on my butt.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

This is a well-kept, well-travelled trail. The opening jaunt through the forest is pleasant on a cool morning, but the beach itself is heavily occupied (at least during my visit in late July). Traveling beyond Third Beach requires some steep and slippery rope and plank climbs, but the rewards beyond are spectacular columns off the shore with significantly more privacy.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Hike through a rain forest to a beach with views of distant stone monoliths.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The hike down was amazing! The view amazing. Very secluded and private. Overall the hike down and up was the best part. The beach was not as spectacular as Second Beach.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

me and my buddies did Third Beach to Hoh river. took us two days but was one of the best hikes i have ever done

Monday, August 27, 2012

It is good for what it is. We went further and the trail was really muddy.

Friday, August 17, 2012

When we drove up to the parking area, my heart sank. There were so many cars there that I almost turned around and went back home. I'm glad we didn't! We only saw 3 or 4 people on the trail and almost no one on the beach. We watched seals bobbing just offshore and found a secluded spot to just relax. The trail is well-marked and easy to navigate. You feel so remote at this beach. A beautiful place.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The trail itself is nothing great, however, it is a gateway to some incredible scenery along the Olympic Peninsula coastline.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

NO DOGS ALOUD. we went here bc the description said dogs. When we got there with our dog, there were signs all over saying no dogs. Really muddy so wear boots. We just went a little ways in and figure we better turn around after we saw about the 5th no dog sign.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017