The Ozette Loop Trail

The Ozette Loop Trail is a 8.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sekiu, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

cave

Definitely different!! Be aware of tide changed and wear good enclosed shoes that grip well. Beautiful hike. Saw sea lions on rocks in distance. Long drive on curvy rough road to get there.

Idyllic and other worldy

On April 1st through the 2nd I hiked the Ozette loop, I made it along the video along the way you can find it here: Cape Alava, Sand Point, Ozette Loop Hike 2018https://youtu.be/Y6Ep3_yVMdk From the trailhead at the Ozette Ranger Station I hiked South to Sand Point where we set up camp and then continued south along the beach towards Yellow Banks. I reached the southernmost cape before yellow banks and turned around due to a high tide and I didn’t want to go over the top. That night there was a few rain showers and then it cleared up. I got up early on Monday the 2nd low tide was at around 8:30 I made a quick hike to Cape Alava that morning with a beautiful sunrise and made it back to Sand Point just in time for breakfast. After Breakfast I just hung around Sand Point and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Shortly after dinner I Left for the vehicles and a long drive home. Again here is the video I made along the way: Cape Alava, Sand Point, Ozette Loop Hike 2018https://youtu.be/Y6Ep3_yVMdk
Overall it was an AMAZING hike there where only 2 trees over the boardwalk.

Be safe out there,
NW Adventures

Fun hike, easy to get to from Port Angeles.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

What a great trail! The walk out to the beach is on a well
maintained trail of dirt and board walks. The walk along the beach is very nice with all the photo ops: sea stacks, tide pools, driftwood, and the ocean. We did find the petroglyphs, they are right in between the 2 beach access points (1.5 miles from either). We were there at low tide an did not have to climb any of the cliffs to avoid the tides at the points, we did climb the highest, just for the overlook. There are rope to help you up and down. The trail back to the parking area is about the same as the one out to the beach.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Amazing! The forest is so beautiful, and then you get to the beach! Make sure you are fit enough to walk 3 miles in the sand; it can be a pain! Totally worth it though, great hike!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

One of my favorite places to hike with my kids. It's very easy boardwalk out. This year went the first week of August and it was a bit crowded but still worth the trip from Bellingham.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

One of my all-time favorites.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Amazing!! Did a three day backpacking trip here and some other nearby trails and am in love. The coast is beautiful and it has some of the most amazing sunsets. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good hike or backpacking trip. I'm four hours away and it's well worth the drive!

Monday, February 02, 2015

great coastal trail, with plank trails throughout the forest.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Nice mix of coastal forest and beach walk.
The boardwalks through the forest are very cool.
Feels fairly remote. Walked the loop in mid October and hardly saw anyone along the way.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Beautiful sunsets at camp at Cape Alava... Highly recommended for 1st time backpackers

Sunday, July 16, 2017