The Mount Spokane Loop Summer Route

The Mount Spokane Loop Summer Route is a 11 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mead, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a fun hike that loops around Mt. Spokane, via Mt. Kit Carson and Day Mountain. This is a fun day hike around Mt. Spokane. The hike takes you to areas of the State Park that most people never see. It is rated moderate, but gauge your own skills. In the heat of summer, it can be a long hike. Expect not to encounter others during most of this hike. Hike Time: 5:59:10 Distance: 11 miles Average Pace: 25:23 /mile Fastest Pace: 12:54 /mile Ascent/Descent: 2611 feet Calories: 1909

Love this place

Definitely a good workout and beautiful scenery

I recorded a track of my adventure, but DON'T FOLLOW MINE. I wandered down a few paths that disappeared into nothing, and I ended up bushwhacking a bit to find my way back to the main trail. A few spots along the author's original route were also super muddy and slippery downhills (probably will dry out later in the summer), so I tried to avoid those if possible. Overall I enjoyed the hike, mainly because I was looking for a longer than average and a physical challenge. I can't say there are loads of awesome views, but the few good ones make up for the lack of constant mediocre ones. Kit Carson was probably the highlight.