Teneriffe Falls via the Connector Trail

Teneriffe Falls via the Connector Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is no longer a waterfall on this trail. Towards the top it becomes narrow and full of nothing but rocks. Come in the spring instead!

6/18/2018 (Monday) - First time to the new trailhead with the large brand-new parking log, a new trail connecting to the previous "old service road". The connector is almost not recognizable in its eastern half near the creek (downside of the falls), because it is rarely used and never maintained. The creek downside the falls is completely dry, so the falls must not have much water. We did not move up to the falls.

The falls are gorgeous and I loved the first 2/3 of the hike up. The switchbacks are very rocky so most of the time is spent watching out for ankle twisters.

I approached the Falls going counter-clockwise around the loop. I thought I got on the connector trail on the way back down but that trail quickly dissipated. I was using this app and other navigation apps. The trail could actually be there but I was solo so I didn’t want to chance it. Therefore, it became a there-and-back hike for me and not a loop.

The aggregate 4 1/2 star rating puts it up there with the best hikes in the region. It’s not, but it is likely a less crowded hike than the Mt. Si trails down the road.

Cell service (T-Mobile) is available for most of the hike including at the falls.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016