Teneriffe Falls via Mount Teneriffe Trail

Teneriffe Falls via Mount Teneriffe Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,610 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note that the waterfall is best seen during the spring months. Additionally, the trail is often covered in snow and difficult to trek through much of the year. Discover Pass is required.

Small and neat hike, with lots of shade.

There are three signs on the trail that point you to the fall, and the fun begins once you see the 3rd sign. Lots of switch backs and loose rocks/gravels on a steep incline, so sturdy boots and ankle support are definitely recommended. Not surprisingly this is where you get the spectacular view. I got to the fall around 1:15pm (Saturday) and I was by myself. I did see some traffic coming up as I headed back. The first 2-ish miles from the parking lot is relatively flat, so it's perfect for trail running or running with your pups. Made it up to the trail head just a bit over an hour (thanks to trail running) - so if I walk a normal place, it would take around 1.5-2 hours per trip. Enjoy.

Well-maintained. Both falls were light flow but enjoyable.

Great trail with decent incline. Definitely need good hiking shoes, rocky in areas. Waterfall is quite scenic, nice stop at the top for a snack. Convenient parking lot with plenty of spots at trailhead, good amount of people on trail but not too crowded.

Absolutely gorgeous! Falls were amazing. It is very rocky, so I do recommend good shoes. So fun, and not too crowded.

Great trail for a relatively quick hike, not too steep, several people with their dogs. Got there around 7:30am, only a few cars in the parking lot. Conditions were very good, pretty much dry, and it’s is mostly shady. Beware of the rocky parts with some loose stones. Waterfall was simply beautiful.

Great hike to a pretty waterfall. Wear sturdy shoes for the rocky section. It’s also pretty narrow so if hiking later in the morning there’s lots of moving over to give way to uphill hikers. Big parking lot. Don’t forget to display discovery pass!

We had a great time, the parking lot was going to close soon so we had to pick up the speed on the way back. This was our families first real hike. With a 5, 6, and 9 year old it could have been much faster I'm sure but they loved it. We will be going back soon.

I would recommend this trail to be done in the afternoon. You can start around 2PM and be back in the parking lot by 6:30 to 7:00 PM. During the afternoon the sunlight is directly on the waterfall which makes the waterfall prettier.

The trail is pretty flat and doesn’t have much views during the first half, but the rest are rocky, fun and have great views. We went after two days of rain so it was perfect to view the water fall. The trail is well maintained, and the trailhead has a pretty decent sized parking lot. We arrived around 10am and didn’t have trouble finding a parking spot. Dog friendly and kids friendly.

Beautiful hike leading to impressive falls! Gradual incline at first that flattens out a bit before multiple rocky switch backs up to the falls. Made it up to the falls in about 1.5 hours, would recommend wearing ankle supporting boots as there are ALOT of rocky switch backs towards the top (and can be slippery on rainy days like today). To guarantee seeing the falls roaring I would do this hike during spring, I had a friend go towards end of summer and there was just a trickle of water. Great workout!

Great hike! Took just shy of an hour and a half for me to make it up. Starts off with a pretty steady incline, but flattens our for a break before it picks back up again. Got to the trail head at about 8:30 on a Saturday and it was fairly busy. By the time I was heading back down, the falls we’re extremely crowded and packed. Would recommend starting early or going later.

Gorgeous hike and trail is high quality. In my opinion better than the more popular trails at mt si down the road. It’s more interesting and scenic because of the views, the rocks, and rewarding waterfall at the end. Moderate level hike - took me almost 2 hours exact with 30 lbs on my back at a slow steady pace. Took about less than 1.5 hours down. Highly recommend.

Arrived at 8:30 am to a half full lot. Pit toilets available. This one starts out very mild on a wide path with minimal gain. The last mile or so makes up for it though. Lots of rocky switchbacks and most of the elevation gain. Ends up being a great hike. The lot was still not full when I returned around 11:30, but the Mt Si, Little Si, and Litte Si overflow lots were all beyond full as I drove past on my way out. Check this one out before the masses catch on!

We went on Saturday, 5/4/19. It was extremely crowded. We didn’t do the whole hike. Read that there isn’t much room once you get to the top. We didn’t want to wait and figured it would take a while since there were so many other hikers. We decided to turn around and try this hike some other day. The views were amazing!

A great hike on a week day. My fear of heights was tested but well worth the jaunt up to this beautiful waterfall.

This is my new favorite trail because of the interesting terrain and waterfall at the top. Trail can be a bit hard to follow but if you pause and survey the trail around you the path is clear.

Beautiful views. Great balance of shade and sun.

loose rocks but great elevation gain. no snow on the trail.

Great small hike and great for dogs. Waterfall is awesome but not a lot of room to view.

recorded Recording - Mar 09, 5:46 PM

This was a great trail. Starts out pretty easy but the end really works you. Tons of rocks to navigate through. View of the waterfall is amazing right now.

Lovely trail. Beautiful falls. No snow but rocky sections on the last mile of switchbacks.