Teneriffe Falls Trail

Teneriffe Falls Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

It was a beautiful hike. But for dog owners beware of the rocks that could be too hot for your dogs paws.

The falls are magnificent.

Grueling hike to the summit. Beautiful falls on the way and an awesome view at the top.

The trail was easy and cool in the trees. Then the switchbacks and rock scrambles! Wow, a tough climb that you'll want good boots for, and I wished I had brought poles. The falls had some water, but not a lot. The creek was dry. I wanted to go back via the connector, but couldnt find it, and didnt want to risk soloing off on my own. Not bad. but didnt wow me. Was only crowded at the falls viewpoint.

Going to the falls and back is a nice fairly easy hike. The trail gets real rocky (lots of lose rocks) starting at the small switchbacks, but that is not a huge deal. I enjoyed that part.
From kamikaze “trail” to the summit was one of my least favorites so far. I am fairly new to hiking and had a 45 lbs pack and my dog and was looking for hard hikes to help prep for Rainer in a few months. It took me 2 hours to make it up the last 2 miles/2400 ft. You will need shoes(boots) with good grip and want to have hiking poles especially for the way back down (it seems dumb not to have them on the way down unless you are completely unencumbered). It was slow going over mud and lose rocks. You have to use your hands to climb some areas. Trying to do it was a dog on a leash was crazy. You need an athletic well trained dog off leash to make that work. The trail was completely gone in some areas with many animal paths branching off. We had to make a lot of educated guesses. It was also wet and overcast so maybe it is different on a nice day. (Oddly, when going down the trail was easy to pick out). The trail is steep but the difficulty was in the quality of the trail. My legs burned more on Mailbox Peak. I was happy I did it, but not a trail I’d do again or bring someone to do. Also, I tracked the trail as 9 miles. You can park where all trails says to and that adds some distance or park in the main parking lot and connect to the trail shaving off maybe .4 miles or so.

This hike was HARD. It is a really nice hike with decent elevation and nicely groomed and marked trails 2.5 miles up to the falls. But from the falls to the summit, the trail was very difficult and poorly marked. It was a challenge to stay on the trail and very slow going. Mile 4 has 1463 ft elevation gain and mile 5 has another 1017 ft of elevation gain. We took the new trail down from the summit, which was longer but made for much easier navigation. It took us 4 hours to summit and 2 hours to decend. This was a huge accomplishment! Overall, the trail was beautiful and if you are looking for a challenge, this trail will not disappoint.

This is a beautiful sight at the end. It's definitely difficult towards the end. It's really rocky terrain and i tripped quite a few times. I made it though and it's definitely doable! I will do it again for sure :)

Theres a new trail with alot of switch backs. Be aware alot of people have been going off trail to cut down time/distance. I got of the trail at some point and realized it led me to no where. I wouldn't take a dog. 50% of the way is very sharp and lose rocks. I saw a lot of pups being carried. The water fall was great I really enjoyed it. There are bathrooms at the parking lot now with more parking.

loved this hike.... beautiful! Trail is in good condition.

Lovely hike up to the nice Tenerife falls. The second part of the hike after the falls is very steep. Arriving at the top is an exciting challenge but the view on the valley and the noise from the highway are disappointing

Amazing hike.

Amazing little hike to the falls and not very difficult at all. But after the falls the real hike begins on a steep incline to the peak for a 360 degree view. Take caution on your way up because the trail isn’t well traveled and can throw an inexperienced traveler off. My favorite hike so far!

It’s beautiful. Doesn’t feel like 7miles hike. I love the rocky trail; it just made it more fun to hike. .. do bring foods and a lot of water; especially summer time. Foods just tasted million time better up there hehe.

one of if not my favorite waterfall in Wa. state

Beautiful view of waterfall that you can stand right next too!

Loved it. Easy for the most part - the last mile or so there is moderate climbing but nothing too strenuous. Waterfall itself is definitely worth the hike.

Not easy one, be prepared and wear hiking boots, we saw many people on sneakers, probably their hiking wasn’t so enjoyable not wearing properly shoes. It’s very pretty and the waterfall is worth the hike.

Loved it!

Great hike! The second half of it was definitely more rocky than I anticipated but it was doable, with lots of short breaks. Loved the falls!

There was snow but only a couple inches on the trail so good hiking shoes is all you need. The falls are frozen and beautiful!

Gradually increasing trail that features trails and rocks. Worth the effort to see the falls.

First mile is all flat, but after the falls it’s the most hectic climb. Layer up it gets cold up there

Great hike! Wish it would have been more clear of a day but still a gorgeous hike.

Great hike! Extremely windy and cold at the top so dress accordingly if you summit. Over 2000 feet of elevation in the last mile is a butt-kicker!

Great day hiking..

Great hike. Falls are awesome.

Good first hiker trail! Beautiful once you get to the falls!

Rewarding and scenic hike. Gorgeous waterfall at about 3 miles in.

We continued on after the falls for about 30 minutes, but had to turn back because the trail conditions became too muddy/snowy. We weren't prepared for the wintery conditions. If you're planning to summit this time of year (late November), plan to bring micro-spikes or some kind of traction for your boots, and waterproof pants or gaiters.

Will for sure return to this trail during warmer month for a chance to make it back up.

Awesome trail. Gets challenging after the falls, but like other people have said, the reward is great once you reach the top. Amazing 360 degrees view.

great hike! challenging but huge reward, and a great waterfall in the middle. Go on a clear day and you'll enjoy Baker and Rainier views