Teneriffe Falls Trail

Teneriffe Falls Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike. Falls are awesome.

Good first hiker trail! Beautiful once you get to the falls!

Rewarding and scenic hike. Gorgeous waterfall at about 3 miles in.

We continued on after the falls for about 30 minutes, but had to turn back because the trail conditions became too muddy/snowy. We weren't prepared for the wintery conditions. If you're planning to summit this time of year (late November), plan to bring micro-spikes or some kind of traction for your boots, and waterproof pants or gaiters.

Will for sure return to this trail during warmer month for a chance to make it back up.

Awesome trail. Gets challenging after the falls, but like other people have said, the reward is great once you reach the top. Amazing 360 degrees view.

great hike! challenging but huge reward, and a great waterfall in the middle. Go on a clear day and you'll enjoy Baker and Rainier views

Great hike will do it agin

So - the hike to the waterfalls is easy. I think it was an enjoyable hike. But since the falls were dried up and we felt energetic, we decided to continue to the summit. What followed was probably the most grueling mile I have ever hiked. The incline was tremendous and I think it's around 2000 ft up for the past mile!? We met only two people on our way up and the view at the summit was beyond phenomenal. Truly amazing. But it was a legitimate a** kicker!! So be prepared. :)

Love the scrambles and slow incline. Beautiful views! Great hike! Waterfall is dried up right now.

Hiked ~5 miles of the trail on 7/20 in the PM with a few coworkers. I found the hike to be nothing spectacular. The first 2/3 of the trail has a very mild incline (maybe a 2% grade) - keep your eyes out for berries in this section! The final 1/3 of the trail is a very rocky, narrow, path of switchbacks up to the falls. I found the rocks to be somewhat difficult to navigate and a little annoying. There are a few good overlooks, with decent views, as you near the base of the falls. As other hikers have commented below, the falls is nearly dry - but still neat to see (as it appears to be quite a unique waterfall).

The waterfall was nothing but a dribble sadly due to it being July, but the summit was well worth it!
NOTE: if you're coming from the new parking lot, take your first LEFT (right leads to the old parking lot for Mt. Teneriffe) where the trail splits and that will put the Teneriffe Falls Trail on your right-hand side.

Don't just stop at the waterfall, make sure you summit Mount Teneriffe! The views are amazing and definitely worth the extra hike. It's pretty strenuous (steep!) after the waterfall and it's easy to lose the trail so make sure you download a map and wear good shoes and probably trekking poles. My activity tracker tracked 11 miles from the parking lot to the summit. We took the same trail up and down but wish we had done the old logging trail down because we slipped and fell on our butts several times. Happy hiking!

Amazing hike! Peaceful and gorgeous. The switchbacks make the incline easier. The trail is pretty rocky at some points, but besides that it's an easier climb.

The waterfall is a great place to sit down and eat lunch or snack it up. There are parts of the trail that are a bit confusing to follow and have some steep areas where you need to grab on to tree roots to pull yourself up, but other than that it is a nice hike!

Great hike. More challenging and time-consuming than originally thought. Getting to the Falls is fairly easy, getting to the summit is a little bit of a challenge. Lots of snow and with the incline makes it very slippery. Highly suggested to bring poles while snow is present. We hiked along the ledge and did the full loop it's about 11 miles. It took about 6 1/2 hours at a decent pace. Don't let the mileage fool you it's a slow go.

Don't know what to say. Pretty straight forward hike.

I gave it 4 stars because of the last mile of rocks, the first 2 miles are easy with a nicely maintained path. The Falls are the highlight of this trail. If you go on the weekend get there early. We got there at 7:30, and the lot/bus turnaround was already filling up. Very popular hike as we passed a lot of people on our way back down. This trail is rated as "hard", not sure why unless it's because of the last mile. There are a few open areas not shaded by trees with nice views.

Hiked in the winter, not extremely tough in regards to elevation until you get to the last mile stretch to the top. Ledge is very thin so proceed at top with caution. Great views. Good amount of signage to keep on track

GOING UP
Like many have said, the first section of this hike to the falls is quite easy and very reasonable even with a dog. That's when the fun ends because the remaining 1/4 of the hike distance gains double the hike elevation. The part remaining after the falls is on par with mailbox and took me double the time to reach the summit. When I hiked there was snow obstructing the trail but once you reach that point it's all up hill.

GOING DOWN
I ended up lost going down as a result of the conditions but was able to find my way down the longer way which had quite a good amount of snow covering it. The long way down was an old logging road which has some great views of the valley as well as some interesting rock formations in the cut out walls. The long way down was much nicer on my knees but it did increase the total distance of the hike to near 12mi so be aware of that.

Awesome trail if you like going up in a hurry after the falls. It was my first time going to the top via this route. I have always in the past taken the logging roads to the top but it so far for a 5 pm trailhead start. This was an after work hike. It was a clear trail all the way to falls. Not too much more vert until we hit patchy snow, and then a crusted trail. There have been enough people up that there is steps kicked in frequently enough that you can make it up without traction. It was a full effort to make with our fully packed mountaineering packs in excess of 60 lbs. The top section, (est. last 300-400 verticle feet) we used our ice axes due to snow conditions and terrain features. If you had crampons or micro spikes you could probably get by. You would definitely need them coming back down. Due to the time element, we decided to don our snow shoes and go back down via the logging road. Much more snow on that side of the hill. Total time up was 3:15 hours and 2:30 hours return. Estimate about 12 total miles using this route. Probably could have saved some time if we would have put traction on but sometimes it's more fun to be a little more technical. Will be doing this trail quite frequently throughout winter as it appears a little less avalanche risk due to the terrain. Please take this as my observation and only my observation. I have never seen this trail in daylight, only under headlamps and during the conditions that I was presented with. I was very happy to be properly prepared with a full pack of equipment as we needed more than most trails in areas have required so far this season. I would say this is not the best trail for someone who would consider themselves not in shape. From the falls up, it is steep and depending on snow conditions, slippery making foot placement and concentration important. Equipment used, ice ax and snow shoes. Recommend having crampons or micro spikes if not packing too much weight depending on snow conditions.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

This hike has a very easy first 2 miles then you hit a ton of switch backs that start on loose rocks, then you hit the tree line and there is a really fun scramble up rock/tree/roots. This was fun and well shaded. Took this to the top and there was a really nice view. Of note, we did this hike mid August and the waterfall was just a trickle. So don't expect much there unless it's earlier in the summer. Overall, I really enjoyed the climb. No problem with bugs.