Teneriffe Falls and Mount Teneriffe Loop

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(328)
Mount Si Natural Resources Conservation Area

Teneriffe Falls and Mount Teneriffe Loop is a 11.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.1 miles Elevation Gain: 4,307 feet Route Type: Loop

05/29. First time did Mt Teneriffe. Up Kamikaze, down Teneriffe trail. Kamikaze trail is tough, similar to Old Mailbox, but I liked it better, since you are ascending on the ridge and there are several nice spots to rest. Teneriffe trail has a lot of snow patches that are hard to navigate closer to the summit. I relied heavily on GPS and was constantly looking for trail markers. Otherwise conditions are good.

Came up Tenerife trail and down kamikaze. Up was beautiful. Lots of snow for last mile or so. Great views from the summit, sunshine and daydreams. Wouldn’t advise going down kamikaze - was pretty sketchy. Way too many people at the falls yesterday made social distancing almost impossible.

Stunning views! Went up the Kamikazi trail and side tripped over to Blowdown too for fun. Really great hike and fun day!

Did this hike on a very rainy day - went up through the falls and up Kamikaze. Kamikaze is not for the weak, it was some of the most aggressive incline I've hiked and super slippery with mud. I would not suggest going down this route. Once we got closer to the summit, the trail was hard to discern (snow) but when in doubt, we just went up and were fine. The backside is a fairly easy route down. Took us 4 hours to go up the 4.4 miles, and only 2 from there to reach the final 11.1. Still a fair amount of snow on the Teneriffe trail. We didn't have any views (weather) besides the waterfall but it was a very rewarding hike, will definitely use this for training.

Nice hike, did it with overcast/rainy weather and still thoroughly enjoyed myself. The push from the falls to the peak of the mountain is very challenging and steep, but I was up for a challenge. I probably wouldn't have been comfortable summiting if I didn't have my poles with me; lots of slippery spots and slick snow. Overall had a great time even without any spectacular views. I will definitely be back when the weather is nicer.

Did this trail today. Barely anyone in the parking lot. I went west first and up the backside. Lots of snow towards the end but it was boot packed. Would have been able to move faster if I had my micro spikes. I looped it and came down the boot path then past the waterfall. Great hike for training and killer views. I did it with a 25lb pack.

If you are going to do the loop, definitely take kamakaze up. There’s also still a decent amount of snow and crampons help- definitely some boots too. View is nice. Round trip is actually maybe 12 miles. Make sure you get out before 8pm these days ;) they do lock the gates. Took about 5 hours but we ran down the last 2 miles.

Started off with Teneriffe falls which was definitely worth it. Worked our way up Kamikaze but saw very little people on the way up. The trail was very steep and once the snow came along it got extremely difficult since I only had hiking boots but it was still doable. View at the top is 360 and definitely worth the hike. If you want to get to the top and are in shape take Kamikaze but if you want the slow and easier way up take the Teneriffe trail.

Glad to see this trail was back open. The hours were 7am-8pm. Not sure how strict they’re on that. Got there at 1pm left right before 8pm. Did this trail on a bright and sunny day. Trailhead was packed with cars and at first the trail itself had a lot of people. Once you get passed the water fall and go up kamikaze you start to see no one. Kamikaze was super steep and definitely kicked our asses but if you pace yourself you can make it up to the peak within 2 and a half hours total. There was a little bit of snow still so I recommend hiking boots at the least or some spikes. 360 views at the top. Stayed up there for a couple hours. Beautiful hike. Came back down kamikaze. Be sure to follow the track on the app sometimes we steered off a little bit. About 2 hours total locking this round trip at 4 and a half hours. Mount Tenerife is definitely difficult but well worth it.

icy

The signs didn’t indicate the kamikaze trail (the trail that’s accesses the peak from the falls) was open, so I took the long route just to be safe. Long hike but very enjoyable. It’s a thigh burner for sure but the elevation gains never get too steep/intense. The last 2-3 miles is still covered in snow (Early May) and spikes helped a lot. The last bit isn’t super well marked through the tree line, but it’s obvious enough to follow by looking for footprints in the snow.

icy

Great hike on Sunday. Took the connector over to Si. The lower part of the trail was fine, however, the upper had several blow downs and well packed snow. I never used my spikes or snowshoes.

Trail is muddy in spots but overall not too bad until the falls take over the trail for a short bit. If you can cross it clears and you can continue. Just proceed slowly, and poles were helpful