Tarbell Trail to Hidden Falls

Tarbell Trail to Hidden Falls is a 10.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Yacolt, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First of all you need a WA Discover Pass for parking.
It was a wet and rainy day, so I’m sure the views are great in clear weather.
Hiking is easy going, if you go when it’s wet, definitely have waterproof pants or at least gators.

The falls are tranquil, and not high volume but still a nice reward at the end of the hike.

What a fantastic trail for running. Soft pine needle covered trails with occasional views, single tracks, rolling hills, switch backs, little to no ankle rollers, and a waterfall at the end! The trail is well marked and in really good shape.

I will admit it was a bit eerie being the absolute ONLY one on the trail. Not a single other car in the lot and not a sign of of anybody else on the trail. This is now my favorite running trail in the few years I have been exploring.

the hike was great, minus all the clear cut. We seen minimal people and a few dogs. Hidden falls was great. Round trip, my Fitbit versa clocked 10.64 miles which is connected GPS, pretty accurate.

Hiked this over Memorial Day weekend and we only ran into 6 other groups, including one group on horseback. The clear-cut portions were very warm, even in May, so bring lots of water and sun-screen!

awesome trail had a great time.

Went out on Sunday was a nice hike despite the clear-cut. I loved hidden falls walking right up to the bottom of the falls was my favorite part.

Hiked this trail today. it is well maintained and easy to follow. It was well marked. saw a lot of scat on the trail and one pile may have been bear. Paved road untill the last mile or two then its gravel but in good shape.

A very easy trail to navigate and follow, but has a lot of clear-cut sections of forest that can be quite warm in summer. Beware of snakes on the path when it’s spring, as well.

Went hiking up here mid afternoon in the summer and it was perfect.

Good hike trail is easy to follow and there are signs every mile so you can't get lost. I tracked my hike with Strava it casme out to be 10.6 miles not the 11.2 All trails says it to be . First 2 miles has the clear cut areas but then after that lots of tall trees and moss .

Hidden Falls is a gem and this trail is a good winter hike when the snow is above 2500 feet..

Sweet MTB Trail

Easy trail to follow. There is a lot of clear cut, but did enjoy this trail.

Great hike, wouldn't suggest wearing vibrume 5 finger show's like I did. however, the best of what the northwest has to offer.

I haven't done this trail for a couple years. I memorized the trail by sections of forest to clear cuts. They're was more forest than clear cuts. Section 2(the biggest patch of forest) was devastatingly cut down by like 80% it seems, and it seems to be continuing(according to the sign posted). I went out to go back to the trail that i've done more than 5 times and it was just so freaking sad to see the forest floor exposed, ripped up, and all plants dead from the sun. Insane amount of logging happening and I honestly don't know how people are enjoying walking thru this anymore now and giving it these 5 stars...its so tragic being in what it was to now:(

Amazing! Well kept trail, some beautiful views and the waterfall is one of the nicest I've seen yet. You must have a discovery pass to park! There's a number you can call that's posted in the parking lot for day/year pass.

Great hike, even better falls! Worth checking this one out for intermediate hikers.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to complete this hike, but I suspect I'll be back for it. The trail is dirt and pine needles and very low risk (which is a nice change of pace from the gorge on occasion). I even got in some running. Since I didn't get to the falls I can't say if they are magnificent or not, but the rest of the hike through the forest was very nice and peaceful.

As others mentioned, this does go in and out of some clear cut areas for the first couple miles, but it was still kind of interesting and didn't stretch on for so long at any point that I got tired of it.

We went with the dogs on 7/9. It was a beautiful hike with some pretty great views along the way. The trail had good signage that was easy to read but parts of the trail are starting to become over grown. Bring some bug spray!!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Good lightly used trail and probably one of the best marked I've come across.

11.2 miles round trip and the terrain is fairly consistent throughout. Was nice not having something all uphill or all downhill.

Did run across a brown bear as it ran across the logging road on the drive and a rabbit that had been freshly killed several miles down the trail.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Great hike! The first couple miles are through clear cuts, but after that, its lush green landscape. Well maintained, only saw 8 other people the whole hike. I did this one solo. Since it is in the middle of the woods, there are people shooting in the hills.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Lots of sweeping views of the hills, and a few glimpses of St Helens. The first few miles are heavily logged but the waterfall is worth the trek. Not crowded at all we had the whole trail to ourselves.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I really liked the ending to this trail. However we went on a Sunday and people were shooting. At one point we had to run because we didn't want to be shot  However the waterfall was VERY worth it.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Next to correctional facility. Waterfall is very pretty.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

The walk itself was easy with elevation highs and lows throughout. Gorgeous waterfall at the end defiantly!!! The only reason for three stars is all the logged land around the trail. About 50% of the hike has logged visuals.

Friday, March 31, 2017

A little soggy in the first couple of miles and goes through a clear cut, but the rest of the hike was very enjoyable.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Totally worth it! Only a couple people besides us 4, views galore. Some snow still out there on the trails but not enough to deter us from that waterfall. Go outside and play!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

The trail was in good shape, seemed like it was well used. The hike takes you through varied terrain, from clear cuts, old growth forest and finally at the end a beautiful falls. There are great views as well. The trail is well marked and easy to follow.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Allie B. it's about 6 miles to waterfall. From tarbell trailhead to hidden falls. about 13 total out and back.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

long nice moderate hike. Alot of logging to look at, little disappointed but it got better. the waterfall was wonderful to see and great lunch spot.