Tamanous Trail #27

Tamanous Trail #27 is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bonneville, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This short trail connects Bonneville Trailhead to the 2,750-mile Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail #2000. The trail can be combined with the Pacific Crest Trail #2000 North to provide a route up to Table Mountain, a 14 mile round-trip hike to the summit.

Wasn't planning on doing this, actually didn't even know it existed! Stopped in at the Bonneville Campground to use the restroom and saw a sign for a trail, figured what the heck! Ended up taking it to the PCT connector and then to Gillett Lake! What a nice little find! Beautiful fall colors, nice change in scenery (forest to desert) and nice little lake at the end. Decent elevation gain, I think my gps read 1100' over 5.3 miles. Will def come back with my kids and overnight it at the lake!

Saturday, October 29, 2016

decent elevation. great hike with little ones in tow. not too long to wear them out but just the right amount to keep their interests. pretty trail quite muddy throughout. neat to intersect with the PCT

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Great trail but TONS of poison oak and the info is misleading. The trail only goes to more trails, if you want to actually see something you should plan in another 2 miles to get to the lake. If you can go further, and you know what poison oak looks like it's great! Scary for kids, lots of "do not touch anything green!" And we still washed with Tecnu when we got back.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

I can't see how to edit my review. I gave this a 2 Star only because of the mud. Keep in mind, I would strongly recommend this short cut to get to Gillette Lake over parking along SR-14 at Bridge of the Gods and walking on the actual PCT. It is longer and you just follow the highway. LAME! If you want to be hard core and only walk on the PCT, then fine, otherwise take the short cut. Even with the mud this is much better.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Took the shortcut to PCT today on our hike to Gillette Lake. The trail was quite muddy for almost the entire half mile hike. Going up was not so bad, but on our way back it was difficult trying not to slip and fall on my but. Views are MUCH better than walking the PCT from Bridge of the Gods as you are not walking along SR-14. The PCT had some muddy spots between this short cut and the lake, but this section was by far the worst. It is spring!