Talus Rocks Loop is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Nice area. You need a discovery pass (so if you’re out of state like us get it before arriving).

For the Talus rock trail we went ‘right’ at the trail sign which means we ended up climbing almost 1,100 feet (according to my Apple Watch) but the way down was way easier. I can’t imagining going down the way we went up since the rocks were damp of rain earlier in the day. Climbing poles might be a good thing.

It was quiet on a Wednesday afternoon. Only saw 6 people which was fine by us.

Pit toilets. Bring hand sanitizer or wipes.

I want to go back and try some other trails but we were limited on time today.

Went today! Took the bus line trail to nook and around to Talus Trail down to Tiger 3. I like this route better because there are inclined and flat parts as you go up. The ground was a little slippery just after the rocks.

i am a total novice. Didn't realize it was in the middle of the west tiger 3 trail. It was steep for me to get there but once finally there it was awesome. worth it for me!

easy hike, pretty. went on a weekend there were a good amount of people on the trail also.

We took our kiddo in our hiking backpack on a rainy day and this couldn’t have been more beautiful! Lightly trafficked (that day) and we came across a few pups off leash. I will say that some of the trail was washed out closer to some of the steep areas which made it difficult with our child, but it was worth it!

We started out from the W Tiger 3 trail. My 6 year old took some time to hike up to the Talus Rocks trailhead but once we got there the rest of the hike was easy. There were a couple interesting log bridges and the rocks were quite unique. Hike down can be a bit slippery. We have seen a few hikers but not too busy.

We started at high point and followed Tiger 3 up until the fork towards Talus Rocks. Unfortunately the kids melted down at this point so we turned around. About a mile to the fork. It was a good hike and I would do it again!

Hiked this morning with Hubby and 2 year old son. We took the Nook trail up and did a loop. Steep, moderate grade, but the rocks were amazing! I got some great pics, would definitely do again!

Decent trail. Start from the right side of the trail, along bus trail to get a harder hike then go up.

Nice hike with things to see along the way! The huge Talus rocks were amazing and saw a beautiful waterfall as well. Not a difficult hike at all.

Really fun trail! Hard to find at first since its a trail with in a trail! But the rocks were cool!

Relaxing hike in a nice area. Don't forget your Discover pass

A chill start to the new year

Great short hike with a mixture of short steep steps at the first half and slow declines at the latter half. We enjoyed the sceneries throughout the hike namely the misty fog at the beginning opening with all the trees, the waterfall, and the big rocks.

I feel like it should be mentioned this trail shares a Trailhead with the high point and tiger mountain hikes, so even though this specific trail is pretty quiet the parking can fill up quick! It’s mostly all up hill if you are coming from the west tiger trail. The rocks themselves are pretty cool and there’s a pretty seasonal waterfall.

Excellent Christmas Eve day hike! 5 kids made it to the talus rocks. They loved it.

Great trail with beautiful trees, moss, and ferns. The giant rocks at the top are a nice payoff for the hike up. We did as others suggested, go counterclockwise for dirt hiking up and more-stable gravel hiking down. We took a small detour to extend our hike and we discovered that West Tiger 3 and Cable Line trails connect where they are close together on the map. We considered going down Cable Line to make a longer loop, but very glad we didn't after later learning more about Cable Line, which is a challenging workout.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Really enjoyed all the different views of the rocks.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Awesome, no people and cool rocks!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Nice trail. Not to tough with a kid on your back. I was expecting more more out of the rocks. Counter clockwise is the way to go if you want to make it more challenging.

Monday, September 04, 2017

The rocks are awesome. Definitely worth doing the loop counter clockwise, (Nook > Talus > Tiger) for dirt uphill and gravel downhill.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Great hike with the kid and nice little workout for parents.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great hike. Loved the rocks!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Took loop to talus rocks. Once I got onto the "Nook" trail I got lost a number of times following "side" trails, and had to keep backtracking my way back to the main trail. I will not venture onto Tiger Mt. again. It is too easy to get lost, and the trails are unmarked.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Fun little hike. Great one to start off the season. Parked down at the street because we don't have a Discover Pass yet (expired). recommend going counter clockwise because dirt on the uphill leg and gravel path on the downhill leg.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Awesome hike with dogs. Went up the west trail, then to Talus rocks and down. Someone else described the area as a mystic fairyland and I would say that is a good description. When you get to the rocks it is beautiful. You do need a discover pass unless you park down the road a ways outside of the gate.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Did this hike this morning around 10AM. Plenty of parking due to it being mid week. Took the west trail as suggested by another review. You'll run into a fork in the trail and you take the right one to go on the nook trail. It isn't super obvious since I think the main sign got knocked down. The trail gets narrow after this. Seemed like I was the first one going this way today as I kept walking through small spider webs. I liked that the trail was a loop. Took my smaller dog with me and he really enjoyed it.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Terrible and unmarked. You wander with no idea where to go...

Friday, May 26, 2017

Great hike! I started on the west tiger mtn trail, connecting to the Talus trail then finished on the nook trail. The West tiger mtn trail was practically a straight incline for about a mile. The best part were the caves, it's like being in a whimsical fantasy land with the sun beaming down through the trees. Definitely recommend and will do again!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

It was a nice little hike. I think I took the route backwards... not sure but I would recommend going West trail first to the Nook trail. Much easier on your knees at the end. Would definitely do it again.