Talus Rocks Loop

Talus Rocks Loop is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

53 minutes ago

Great trail with beautiful trees, moss, and ferns. The giant rocks at the top are a nice payoff for the hike up. We did as others suggested, go counterclockwise for dirt hiking up and more-stable gravel hiking down. We took a small detour to extend our hike and we discovered that West Tiger 3 and Cable Line trails connect where they are close together on the map. We considered going down Cable Line to make a longer loop, but very glad we didn't after later learning more about Cable Line, which is a challenging workout.

Really enjoyed all the different views of the rocks.

Awesome, no people and cool rocks!

Nice trail. Not to tough with a kid on your back. I was expecting more more out of the rocks. Counter clockwise is the way to go if you want to make it more challenging.

The rocks are awesome. Definitely worth doing the loop counter clockwise, (Nook > Talus > Tiger) for dirt uphill and gravel downhill.

Great hike with the kid and nice little workout for parents.

Great hike. Loved the rocks!

Took loop to talus rocks. Once I got onto the "Nook" trail I got lost a number of times following "side" trails, and had to keep backtracking my way back to the main trail. I will not venture onto Tiger Mt. again. It is too easy to get lost, and the trails are unmarked.

Fun little hike. Great one to start off the season. Parked down at the street because we don't have a Discover Pass yet (expired). recommend going counter clockwise because dirt on the uphill leg and gravel path on the downhill leg.

Awesome hike with dogs. Went up the west trail, then to Talus rocks and down. Someone else described the area as a mystic fairyland and I would say that is a good description. When you get to the rocks it is beautiful. You do need a discover pass unless you park down the road a ways outside of the gate.

Did this hike this morning around 10AM. Plenty of parking due to it being mid week. Took the west trail as suggested by another review. You'll run into a fork in the trail and you take the right one to go on the nook trail. It isn't super obvious since I think the main sign got knocked down. The trail gets narrow after this. Seemed like I was the first one going this way today as I kept walking through small spider webs. I liked that the trail was a loop. Took my smaller dog with me and he really enjoyed it.

Terrible and unmarked. You wander with no idea where to go...

Great hike! I started on the west tiger mtn trail, connecting to the Talus trail then finished on the nook trail. The West tiger mtn trail was practically a straight incline for about a mile. The best part were the caves, it's like being in a whimsical fantasy land with the sun beaming down through the trees. Definitely recommend and will do again!

It was a nice little hike. I think I took the route backwards... not sure but I would recommend going West trail first to the Nook trail. Much easier on your knees at the end. Would definitely do it again.

Great first hike of the year! Took us about 1.5 hours.

It was absolutely beautiful. A great work out for a moderate rated hike. It reminded me of a fairy land. So majestic. Purple wild flowers and vibrant green moss everywhere. The waterfall and the rock trail were incredible. Highly recommended.

BEAR SIGHTING. Son and his friend did this trail on 4/20/17. A little before noon: large black bear standing on hind legs at the top.

Was a great hike! Had a baby on my back and a puppy walking at my feet. A few friends came along and we all had a great walk.

Great easy trail for a rainy day. There's a nice waterfall you cross over and beautiful, mossy rocks to explore.

I enjoyed the relatively quiet trail on a Wednesday. Not much to see until you reach the little falls next to Talus Rocks, which made me feel like a little kid running through an enchanted forest.