Talus Rocks Loop

Talus Rocks Loop is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Nice hike with things to see along the way! The huge Talus rocks were amazing and saw a beautiful waterfall as well. Not a difficult hike at all.

Really fun trail! Hard to find at first since its a trail with in a trail! But the rocks were cool!

Relaxing hike in a nice area. Don't forget your Discover pass

A chill start to the new year

Great short hike with a mixture of short steep steps at the first half and slow declines at the latter half. We enjoyed the sceneries throughout the hike namely the misty fog at the beginning opening with all the trees, the waterfall, and the big rocks.

I feel like it should be mentioned this trail shares a Trailhead with the high point and tiger mountain hikes, so even though this specific trail is pretty quiet the parking can fill up quick! It’s mostly all up hill if you are coming from the west tiger trail. The rocks themselves are pretty cool and there’s a pretty seasonal waterfall.

Excellent Christmas Eve day hike! 5 kids made it to the talus rocks. They loved it.

Great trail with beautiful trees, moss, and ferns. The giant rocks at the top are a nice payoff for the hike up. We did as others suggested, go counterclockwise for dirt hiking up and more-stable gravel hiking down. We took a small detour to extend our hike and we discovered that West Tiger 3 and Cable Line trails connect where they are close together on the map. We considered going down Cable Line to make a longer loop, but very glad we didn't after later learning more about Cable Line, which is a challenging workout.

Really enjoyed all the different views of the rocks.

Awesome, no people and cool rocks!

Nice trail. Not to tough with a kid on your back. I was expecting more more out of the rocks. Counter clockwise is the way to go if you want to make it more challenging.

The rocks are awesome. Definitely worth doing the loop counter clockwise, (Nook > Talus > Tiger) for dirt uphill and gravel downhill.

Great hike with the kid and nice little workout for parents.

Great hike. Loved the rocks!

Took loop to talus rocks. Once I got onto the "Nook" trail I got lost a number of times following "side" trails, and had to keep backtracking my way back to the main trail. I will not venture onto Tiger Mt. again. It is too easy to get lost, and the trails are unmarked.

Fun little hike. Great one to start off the season. Parked down at the street because we don't have a Discover Pass yet (expired). recommend going counter clockwise because dirt on the uphill leg and gravel path on the downhill leg.

Awesome hike with dogs. Went up the west trail, then to Talus rocks and down. Someone else described the area as a mystic fairyland and I would say that is a good description. When you get to the rocks it is beautiful. You do need a discover pass unless you park down the road a ways outside of the gate.

Did this hike this morning around 10AM. Plenty of parking due to it being mid week. Took the west trail as suggested by another review. You'll run into a fork in the trail and you take the right one to go on the nook trail. It isn't super obvious since I think the main sign got knocked down. The trail gets narrow after this. Seemed like I was the first one going this way today as I kept walking through small spider webs. I liked that the trail was a loop. Took my smaller dog with me and he really enjoyed it.

Terrible and unmarked. You wander with no idea where to go...

Great hike! I started on the west tiger mtn trail, connecting to the Talus trail then finished on the nook trail. The West tiger mtn trail was practically a straight incline for about a mile. The best part were the caves, it's like being in a whimsical fantasy land with the sun beaming down through the trees. Definitely recommend and will do again!

It was a nice little hike. I think I took the route backwards... not sure but I would recommend going West trail first to the Nook trail. Much easier on your knees at the end. Would definitely do it again.

Great first hike of the year! Took us about 1.5 hours.

It was absolutely beautiful. A great work out for a moderate rated hike. It reminded me of a fairy land. So majestic. Purple wild flowers and vibrant green moss everywhere. The waterfall and the rock trail were incredible. Highly recommended.

BEAR SIGHTING. Son and his friend did this trail on 4/20/17. A little before noon: large black bear standing on hind legs at the top.

Was a great hike! Had a baby on my back and a puppy walking at my feet. A few friends came along and we all had a great walk.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Great easy trail for a rainy day. There's a nice waterfall you cross over and beautiful, mossy rocks to explore.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

I enjoyed the relatively quiet trail on a Wednesday. Not much to see until you reach the little falls next to Talus Rocks, which made me feel like a little kid running through an enchanted forest.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice scenery and a couple views

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Trail gets narrow at the top. Kind of muddy. Very beautiful though. Would have been better in a few months because there are a lot of deciduous trees.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Trail was maintained well. Short hike but nothing too specular.
Was expecting more from this hike. The cave wasn't that large as I thought.