Talapus, Olallie and Pratt Lake

Talapus, Olallie and Pratt Lake is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Garcia, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3 lakes! little elevation, very shaded and gradual incline.

Today, I brought my buddy Dean back so we could make another stab at Pratt Lake. Not only did we make it but we barely found any snow leftover on the trail. There is one large tree to cross when you hit the flats down by Pratt Lake but you can climb over it without too much issue. Other than that the trail is in great shape with the exception of a few muddy spots here and there, typical for this time of year. Distance-wise, my phone recorded it to be 13.4 miles round trip from the trail head to the split on the far side of the lake. Very beautiful today with all the new spring growth. The green was as green as it gets!

I wanted to see if I could at least make it to the saddle to look over to see how cleared out Pratt Lake looks but due to time constraints I had to turn back about a quarter mile shy of the saddle. I will be back though. I started hitting pretty solid snow as I was rounding the ridge on the east side of Olallie Lake. But that will clear out soon!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Not a ton to see, just wooded trails mile after mile. We did all three lakes, which were nice and offered a couple alpine views, but we've seen nicer lakes in BC. Also, very crowded!! Passing group after group of people with zero hiking etiquette. I wouldn't hike it again; there are nicer views for the time and effort required.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Awesome hike! 3 beautiful lakes and great mountain views. Nice view of Rainier also. Gentle climb 11 miles roundtrip hitting all 3 lakes. Trail maintenance currently in progress. Beautiful wildflowers