Talapus Lake Trail

Talapus Lake Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 646 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Northwest Forest Pass and Alpine Lakes Wilderness Permit required, both available at the trailhead.

Wasn't really all that great of a hike, but easy enough for kids and dog walkers. Would actually label as easy.

Pretty hike through the mossy forests, I didn’t notice any bugs and didn’t wear spray. Dog friendly, but I would not advise if your dog likes to swim. The lake isn’t very accessible. Get there early, as the parking lot only holds about 30 vehicles.

Did this trail with our pup and made it decent pace. Took us about an hour to get to Talapus. Lots of kids and other doggos on the trail so it can be busy on the weekends. go early. The road to the trail head is slow going and parking runs out pretty quick.

Perfect trail and beautiful, pristine lake. Not sure if there’s better access to the water than the deadfall I climbed over, but it was worth it for a swim.

Great, easy trail for a morning hike. Most of the trail was in the shade, and even though the parking lot (and beyond) was full, the trail didn't feel crowded. Beautiful view of the lake at the end!

Road to the parking lot is not very well maintained, small potholes on the road. Trail is very well maintained and beautiful. Mostly under the shades. Lake is beautiful

It was fun. Took our Frenchie Monty (he’s quite the hiker) and it was definitely as described - moderate to easy. Arrived about 11:00am and there’s plenty of parking on the road leading up to the trailhead/parking lot.

The trail is well maintained, fairly easy. It was a little muddy. The lake view is beautiful. Loved the feeling sitting on the wood, enjoying the view and the sun. I would do it again.

Just to be aware that the road off the I-90 (exit45) is closed. If you want to go to this lake, take the exit 47 and do the walk called “Talapus lake trail via Pratt lake trail”

trail in great condition. no snow or mud. weather was sunny.

Very nice trail. Going there is uphill and coming back is downhill. View of the lake is beautiful and very relaxing. Trail itself is not difficult and while there is a 1.8 mile uphill hike, the trail itself is very comfortable and easy to walk on. Lots of kids and dogs. Highly recommend.

A beautiful, easy fall hike. We arrived around 9am on a rainy Saturday and the trail was relatively empty; found a quiet spot next to the lake to snack and hang out. By the time we hiked out, around 11:30, the parking lot was full and there were a steady number of hikers. As with most trails ... get there early! We definitely plan to return for an overnight trip.

Saturday, September 01, 2018

Nice easy hike. We continued another 1.5 miles to the second lake.

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Great easy hike. The map does not show the lake, but it’s there and nicely refreshing.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Beautiful Loved it

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Pretty lake. Easy hike, lots of roots but the trail is easy to follow.

Friday, July 06, 2018

Lovely, well maintained trail. My teenage daughter, dog, and I did this hike 7/5. No bugs, jumped in the lake! Cold but crystal clear and refreshing. Did not continue on to the next lake 1.2 miles up due to time constraints. Round trip was 2 hours including a 20-30 minute stop at the lake. Will definitely do again.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Just beautiful!! Perfect sunny day for a short hike. Microspikes are recommended on this hike as 2/3 is icy and snowy.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Absolutely gorgeous when frozen...

Monday, November 06, 2017

Plenty of snow. Fun hike with friend and 2 dogs. Nice lake, clear and quiet. The refection on the water was beautiful. The trail could be slippery, so grab your ice cleats!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Beautiful hike through the pines to a clear and quiet lake!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

I'd say it's a hard easy well maintained trail. Hiked it with wife and dog today and was somewhat crowded. Smoke was quite strong today so check if it's something you're concerned. Beautiful lake, water wasn't too cold (wife swam a bit). Get in early for parking; self pay station, cash only.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Forgot to turn off recorder, did not hike back to seattle. Easy to moderate hike, great lake, if not tricky getting in and out of. This map is based on the old trail, your gps will show you going off it around .2 or .3 miles in. Dont worry stay on the clearly maintained trail and it will join back up in a bit. Very dusty in August!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Super cute. But crowded because it is one of the shortest lake destinations you get to right away.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

I hiked this trail with my Golden Retriever for the first time July 5th. I started walking/hiking 2 months ago, and this is the biggest hike I've done so far. I am 57 years old. It was a great little hike and just right for me. A beautiful morning, the air so still reflections on the lake were like on a mirror. Will definetly do again.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

This hike was more than I expected. Great for my 2 smaller dogs. Lots of areas to take breaks for the pooches and water up. Cool breezes and super lake views. My GPS tracked about 4 miles out and back. I will do this again and hike further to Ollalie Lake. "Leave it better than you found it" ✌

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Went in January. Snow once you get a little high up and the lake was very cool.

Friday, November 25, 2016

My husband and I have been hiking this trail for at least 20 years. It's one of my favorites but unfortunately has become so high in traffic it feels like we're in a mall. I would recommend this for people who don't really want to go hiking. It's easy, crowded and there's no chance you'll see any wildlife. You may see a jerk drinking beer and listening to their iPod without headphones...

Friday, November 25, 2016

This is a great little hike for all capability levels.