Talapus Lake Trail

Talapus Lake Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Northwest Forest Pass and Alpine Lakes Wilderness Permit required, both available at the trailhead.

This hike was more than I expected. Great for my 2 smaller dogs. Lots of areas to take breaks for the pooches and water up. Cool breezes and super lake views. My GPS tracked about 4 miles out and back. I will do this again and hike further to Ollalie Lake. "Leave it better than you found it" ✌

Went in January. Snow once you get a little high up and the lake was very cool.

My husband and I have been hiking this trail for at least 20 years. It's one of my favorites but unfortunately has become so high in traffic it feels like we're in a mall. I would recommend this for people who don't really want to go hiking. It's easy, crowded and there's no chance you'll see any wildlife. You may see a jerk drinking beer and listening to their iPod without headphones...

This is a great little hike for all capability levels.

Monday, April 18, 2016