Talapus Lake Trail

Talapus Lake Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Northwest Forest Pass and Alpine Lakes Wilderness Permit required, both available at the trailhead.

Absolutely gorgeous when frozen...

Plenty of snow. Fun hike with friend and 2 dogs. Nice lake, clear and quiet. The refection on the water was beautiful. The trail could be slippery, so grab your ice cleats!

Beautiful hike through the pines to a clear and quiet lake!

I'd say it's a hard easy well maintained trail. Hiked it with wife and dog today and was somewhat crowded. Smoke was quite strong today so check if it's something you're concerned. Beautiful lake, water wasn't too cold (wife swam a bit). Get in early for parking; self pay station, cash only.

Forgot to turn off recorder, did not hike back to seattle. Easy to moderate hike, great lake, if not tricky getting in and out of. This map is based on the old trail, your gps will show you going off it around .2 or .3 miles in. Dont worry stay on the clearly maintained trail and it will join back up in a bit. Very dusty in August!

Super cute. But crowded because it is one of the shortest lake destinations you get to right away.

I hiked this trail with my Golden Retriever for the first time July 5th. I started walking/hiking 2 months ago, and this is the biggest hike I've done so far. I am 57 years old. It was a great little hike and just right for me. A beautiful morning, the air so still reflections on the lake were like on a mirror. Will definetly do again.

This hike was more than I expected. Great for my 2 smaller dogs. Lots of areas to take breaks for the pooches and water up. Cool breezes and super lake views. My GPS tracked about 4 miles out and back. I will do this again and hike further to Ollalie Lake. "Leave it better than you found it" ✌

Went in January. Snow once you get a little high up and the lake was very cool.

Friday, November 25, 2016

My husband and I have been hiking this trail for at least 20 years. It's one of my favorites but unfortunately has become so high in traffic it feels like we're in a mall. I would recommend this for people who don't really want to go hiking. It's easy, crowded and there's no chance you'll see any wildlife. You may see a jerk drinking beer and listening to their iPod without headphones...

Friday, November 25, 2016

This is a great little hike for all capability levels.

Sunday, October 30, 2016