Talapus and Olallie Lakes via Olallie Lake Trail

Talapus and Olallie Lakes via Olallie Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 45. Left under the freeway to FSR 9031 for .5 miles. Right on FSR 9030 for 2 miles to trailhead at end of road

Wide, well-worn trail, but has so many rocks and roots. It’s an ankle breaker if you’re not careful! Once we passed Talapus Lake, the mud/puddles/snow increased. My sons had tennis shoes on they got a little wet and dirty, but if you have waterproof boots, you’ll barely notice it. You’ll need a recreation pass or $5 to pay on site.

Did this hike on a Saturday morning - 20 cars parked by 830am. Tripled to quadrupled by time we left at 11am!

Well maintained trails, some parts under renovation, that meander through switchbacks and along the two lakes. I personally liked Talapus Lake better - bigger and more picturesque. The hubs liked Ollalie better - less people.

This hike is super doable for all ages and fitness levels. I'm not sure how AllTrails ranks hikes but I'd say this one is more an "easy" or "easy-moderate" hike, not a "moderate" hike. I'd come back, next time with my inflatable SUP!

awesome moderate grade. went in late may while there was still snow near olallie. beautiful

Don't forget your Off and a back pack rod, great fun. That's ( Off as in bug spray)

We have done this hike 4 times from May to September and it never gets old.