Tacoma Narrows Bridge

easy 73 reviews

Tacoma Narrows Bridge is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Great day for a hike! Perfect views! Hearing protection was a bonus!

Nice views, lots of noise

Gorgeous views of the water. Treated to a clear sky sunset view of Mount Rainier, lovely! Very mild incline, easy for most. Parked at Living War Memorial. Only downside is the noise from the traffic but that should be expected. We will certainly be back for a run or bike ride soon!

Props and kudos to the person who mentioned headphones. It wouldn't be miserable without them but it's a very nice compliment to a cool bridge jaunt that has a neat history. Go do it!

Nice close-up of the suspension bridge and the views north and south of the bridge, especially in the late afternoon when the sunlight has more of that golden glow.

Absolutely beautiful run over the Narrows Bridge. I’ve done this several times in the daytime, but it is just as nice at night. Use a good pair of headphones because of the noise of the traffic but it’s easy to ignore that with the aesthetics of the Puget Sound. Highly recommend this trail for anybody. There are facilities at the war Memorial Park at the beginning of the run.

Me and my daughter loved this wall over the bridge. Very nice and lovely to look out over the water.

Great walk with no shade except for cloud cover. The road noise is louder then I expected, next time I walk the bridge I’ll bring a set of noise canceling headphones. Minimal trash, no dog poop bags. War memorial park is really nice and well maintained, you will find a bit of tree shade through this park. I’m guessing this parking lot is used for Park and Ride, lots of parking available. The view is exceptional!

beautiful views the whole way! the map directions take you to a dead end street, but parking is at the park and ride, walk through the war memorial park, and cross Jefferson at the light. easy walk, but hilly if you're on a bike. lots of boats going by today!

Path is on the side of the New Narrows Bridge. Signs are not very clear on where the path starts except a small one not facing were I was starting from. Ride is easy/moderate difficulty but the view is pretty nice

my first time... now I have to head back...

The hills were pretty rough but nice view

it is an easy trail, but the exhaust from the cars got to me.

Big Hill's. Not exactly an easy run.

Amazing views and easy walk. Next time I do this I'll bring earplugs--traffic is loud.

I like to ride my bike across this bridge. Absolutely breathtaking views! I walk it from time to time, not often since the traffic is loud.

Wed Jan 02 2019

This walk is really cool. If you are lucky, you may see some harbor porpoise or some orcas swimming under the bridge.

Wed Jul 25 2018

I loved this one! My 10 year old and myself enjoyed it very much. The view is incredible! Take water and allow 1 hour to walk it. It’s worth it. What a great memory for both of us!

Sun Jun 17 2018

The view was beautiful!! This was very easy and satisfying. The traffic noise didn’t bother me. I have really good earphones. So I was left just enjoying the walk and view!!

Wed May 16 2018

views are breathtaking. must use ear protection, the high speed traffic is feet away from the barrier

Sun Mar 18 2018

Very good run and obviously a beautiful view of the Puget Sound. I did this with my son and he enjoyed it as well. Will definitely do it again.

Sun Jan 07 2018

Just a walking path across the bridge. It’s a nice view over the water, but other than that, not so great. It’s also extremely loud due to the traffic.

Sun Dec 31 2017

Awesome bike riding and running trail!

Mon Aug 14 2017

Sat Jul 22 2017

great leg workout...and beautiful views

Sun May 21 2017

All paved. Limited parking on the Gig Harbor side of the bridge. It is noisy due to traffic on the bridge but beautiful views of the Narrows/ Puget Sound and Mt Rainer (on a clear day). Challenging climbs at the turn around and finish.

Mon Feb 13 2017

Nice local tribute to our veterans.