Table Mountain via Aldrich Butte [CLOSED]

Table Mountain via Aldrich Butte [CLOSED] is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

closed

private property

Due to new private property changes, the ONLY trailhead for access to Aldrich Butte is now the Bonneville Trailhead in North Bonneville. This hike features beautiful wildflowers and incredible views of the Gorge, as well as surrounding mountains. This is an alternative hike to the 15.8 mi, traditional route which starts at the Bonneville trailhead. This route is strenuous due to the overall distance, elevation gain, and terrain, which includes the 1.6 mi (800ft) portion entitled, "Heartbreak Ridge," and the 0.25 mi scramble up a rock talus. Also, the trail can be a bit complicated due to many unmarked side trails/roads that intersect.

Definitely a difficult one. The hike to the mountain is pretty boring, but one of the quietest walks through a forest I've yet to experience, so that had it's on value in that. Very moderate hike until you reach the trail up to Table Mountain, then it gets steep very fast. Worth it though. I didn't have a great view of the Gorge that day but still enjoyed my experience at the top amongst the clouds.

We totally messed this one up. We parked on Cascade Drive and headed up the powerline access road like everyone said. Unfortunately we entered the forest too soon. We got lost and couldn't find a clear trail. After floundering in the woods, and using our GPS from All Trails, we finally made it to a road. Covered in stinging nettles and scratched up, we tried to enter the trail again from the Bonneville hotsprings, but all the brush was overgrown. We are going to regroup and give this another try.

Started at Bonneville Trailhead. Lots of trees still down across all sections of this trail. The hard route up Table Mountain is hard. Poles for up and down would be useful. Awesome view at the top of Table Mountain at the overlook.

great workout. haven't hiked it since the spa (where you bought parking) got taken over... does anyone know what pass may be needed to park at alternate areas? is it legal to park along Cascade? hoping to hike Table this week.

Hiked 3/19/2017. Parked at the alternate trailhead now that the hot springs has changed ownership. Lots of branches across the trail and downed trees. This slowed us down a bit. We brought snow shoes and ended up using them for the last 600 feet of elevation to the summit. The views were great at the top. We hit a sunny, clear day and were able to see Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.

This is a good trail to use on a long hike day. I originally was going to go do Mt Defiance via Starvation Ridge but decided to come here instead and I'm glad I did. The view on the way up and at the top was worth the hike. If you are in a good physical condition and not carrying a lot of weight then this trail is really easy. If you are not and you are carrying a lot of weight then this trail can be challenging. I carried 35 pounds up with some detours along the way and ended up with 4200 feet of gains and 11 miles on my hike and I felt a little tired afterward.

Monday, October 03, 2016

when people say this trail is difficult, believe them!
we started at Bonneville Hot Springs and went by way of Aldrich Butte.
What a beautiful hike. But You MUST pay careful attention while on this trail because it's not well marked along the way. We also saw bear poop.
make sure you pack plenty off water and a few protein snacks to keep your stamina up. Also, hiking poles aren't a bad idea.

Monday, September 12, 2016

This was the toughest hike I've ever done. We started at Moffetts Hot Springs and made the full loop up Heartbreak ridge and down the west trail. Both were brutal beyond description, especially Heartbreak Ridge. The views are amazing but I'd recommend only very experienced hikers attempt it. It's easy to get lost and it is very physically demanding.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

This hike was an unexpected hike for me. Started at Aldrich and followed it through till the end near and open field. At the open field to your right, I made a right and took that trail down and eventually came across what was part of the pacific crest trail. Followed this beautiful trail and ended up at the beginning of table mountain. I took the mess steep way up, which was rough after 8 miles of trail, but oh so satisfying.
Definitely recommended. Was fun alone!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday, July 08, 2016

Difficult hike that is rewarding with great views. Best starting point is now at the warm springs.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016