Table Mountain via Aldrich Butte

Table Mountain via Aldrich Butte is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Washington that features hot springs and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

Table mountain is one of the dominating features of the Columbia River Gorge. This hike features beautiful wildflowers and incredible views of the Gorge, as well as surrounding mountains. This is an alternative hike to the 15.8 mi, traditional route which starts at the Bonneville trailhead. This route is strenuous due to the overall distance, elevation gain, and terrain, which includes the 1.6 mi (800ft) portion entitled, "Heartbreak Ridge," and the 0.25 mi scramble up a rock talus. Also, the trail can be a bit complicated due to many unmarked side trails/roads that intersect.

great workout. haven't hiked it since the spa (where you bought parking) got taken over... does anyone know what pass may be needed to park at alternate areas? is it legal to park along Cascade? hoping to hike Table this week.

Hiked 3/19/2017. Parked at the alternate trailhead now that the hot springs has changed ownership. Lots of branches across the trail and downed trees. This slowed us down a bit. We brought snow shoes and ended up using them for the last 600 feet of elevation to the summit. The views were great at the top. We hit a sunny, clear day and were able to see Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.

This is a good trail to use on a long hike day. I originally was going to go do Mt Defiance via Starvation Ridge but decided to come here instead and I'm glad I did. The view on the way up and at the top was worth the hike. If you are in a good physical condition and not carrying a lot of weight then this trail is really easy. If you are not and you are carrying a lot of weight then this trail can be challenging. I carried 35 pounds up with some detours along the way and ended up with 4200 feet of gains and 11 miles on my hike and I felt a little tired afterward.

when people say this trail is difficult, believe them!
we started at Bonneville Hot Springs and went by way of Aldrich Butte.
What a beautiful hike. But You MUST pay careful attention while on this trail because it's not well marked along the way. We also saw bear poop.
make sure you pack plenty off water and a few protein snacks to keep your stamina up. Also, hiking poles aren't a bad idea.

This was the toughest hike I've ever done. We started at Moffetts Hot Springs and made the full loop up Heartbreak ridge and down the west trail. Both were brutal beyond description, especially Heartbreak Ridge. The views are amazing but I'd recommend only very experienced hikers attempt it. It's easy to get lost and it is very physically demanding.

This hike was an unexpected hike for me. Started at Aldrich and followed it through till the end near and open field. At the open field to your right, I made a right and took that trail down and eventually came across what was part of the pacific crest trail. Followed this beautiful trail and ended up at the beginning of table mountain. I took the mess steep way up, which was rough after 8 miles of trail, but oh so satisfying.
Definitely recommended. Was fun alone!

Difficult hike that is rewarding with great views. Best starting point is now at the warm springs.

Got little lost heading down west side, Deffinatly bring a map saved us, be weary there are some cross section with no markers to which direction is the correct way.

Overall the hike was AMAZINGLY my legs where gonna fall off when we got back

Heart break ridge is worth it just don't give up and also if there time there fun side trails to explore at the top and around the top be careful of the cliffs tho.

Ps. Awesome lunch at the top !