Swauk Forest Discovery Trail

Swauk Forest Discovery Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cle Elum, Washington. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 528 feet Route Type: Loop

Couple trees that have blocked some pretty decent window spots but other than that what a beautiful day to score some fresh air!

was fun to hike with my 7 y.o. marker 20 is worth the effort for an amazing view of Rainier. didn't follow the map loop because it took you onto the f.s. road, so we turned around and went out the way we came in. there were a few fallen trees we had to duck under and climb over, but will definitely be back.

Really enjoyable hike. I didn’t like half of it since you overlooked Blewett Pass and you had the noise from all the cars. It was a perfect, short hike since I had my kids. It was a rainy day and the wild flowers still have some life in them.

Just completed this hike today, May 5th, 2019. My app misled me just a bit, declaring I reached my destination as a pulled off the road. Silly me, I actually added some distance to my total hike, but still managed to do it in just over an hour. This is an extremely easy hike for sure. I regret not leaving my home earlier, because I could have driven to Heybrook ridge afterwards and completed two hikes today. Over all, nice easy loop, with decent views. Still had a few snow patches and at least a couple of downed trees to get over.

Dog friendly trail with amazing views. There's some spots where you have to go over some trees that were blown down etc but overall fairly easy to do. There's still some areas covered in snow so I would use caution but I was still able to go through it with my dogs.

Great trail for beginning hikers, slight elevation gain, well marked trail. There are still patches of snow in lower parts of the trail, easy to get around though. Several fallen trees lying across trail, some in precarious places. Not too hard to scramble over, much more difficult to do with my young beagle but we made it! Definately bring a hiking pole to help you. once you reach scenic marker 16 you will begin a descent up a narrow, rocky trail to reach scenic marker 20. The views from scenic marker 20 are worth it! Overall an easy trail. Took me about 2 hours with several stops for water and clothing changes, the beagle also needed to do some sniffing. I would avoid driving up the road to the trail in snow.

Had a fantastic day to hike. Late morning, not too chilly, and sunny. Beautiful views throughout the trail. Slippery in spots; especially with some narrow paths with sharp drop offs on one side. Trailhead was simple to get to. Counter-clockwise is the way to go here.

Since I loved this place so much in the summer, I decided to revisit it in the winter and MAN was I not disappointed! Mother nature sure is therapeutic:)

Thu Oct 25 2018

Nice views and favorable weather. Fall colors are nice.

Fri Sep 14 2018

Fun trail with kids! Great views....be sure to take the trail brochure as it will inform you of what the many trail markers mean

Fri Aug 17 2018

Great hike at the top of Blewett pass! Nicely maintained trail for the most part. A few trees over the trail near the end. Very woodsy with great views. Most of the trail was easy, some elevation, but nothing crazy or too difficult.There's a shortcut a little over halfway along, just before you cross the forest service road, that's not well marked. The shortcut goes to the left, the main trail goes straight and then crosses the forest service road.We saw no other hikers on a Friday late morning in mid-August.

Sat Jul 21 2018

We explored this trail on a beautiful 70degree sunny day and had the best time.! It’s quiet and easy to access..... the air was so crisp and the forest smelled amazing. But most of all was the great couple spots to stop and enjoy the weather and the views!

Wed Jul 18 2018

Easy for a quick trip in the heat. The view is amazing!

Sun Oct 29 2017

Beautiful and easy for the kids.

Tue Aug 29 2017

My girlfriend and I were staying in George for a concert at The Gorge Amp about 2 hours from the Wenatchee National Forest. We were looking for something lite to hike during the day while we had some downtime. This trail was the perfect spot. We only saw one other person while on the trail and it offered great views of the mountains around us. Easy trail with great views.

Sun Jun 18 2017

Great trail with younger kids!

Thu Oct 27 2016

a beautiful fall hike to see the Larch trees in full yellow colors. I went with my 6wk old granddaughter and mom and 2 dogs.....loved the signage of trees, view points, benches along the way. lovely

Sun Oct 09 2016

Beautiful fall colors.

Mon Sep 26 2016

It was a great easy hike with beautiful views to the mountains. No people at all. Just two of us.

Mon Oct 22 2018