Summer Land Trail

Summer Land Trail is a 8.5 mile out and back trail located near Sunrise, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October.

From Seattle, east on I-90, south on I-405 and then south on Highway 169 to Enumclaw. In Enumclaw, south on Highway 410. 36.2 miles past mile marker 26 turn right on Sunrise Rd for 4.3 miles to parking area on right just after Fryingpan Creek. Parking is on either side of the road, the trailhead is on the left (southwest) side near the bridge.

One of my favorite hikes. Summerland, in early August, is splendid with wildflowers of all colors and a refreshing, cold, beautiful stream.

Beautiful trail first 2 miles easy then next 2 were tough in snow stooped at the group cabin and made awesome cup of coffee and enjoyed the view with the sun shining in my face

Amazing view of Rainer at the top. Little bit icy the last quarter but manageable. Highly recommend

I have hiked this trail multiple times. Once as part of the Wonderland Trail and other times just by itself for an overnight camping trip. Trail is beautiful with jaw dropping scenery. Lots of wildlife to see. I highly recommend this trail for its beauty. One of my favorite camps on the Wonderland Trail! The first time I stayed in the 3-sided group shelter and it was a full moon. Woke up to the sun coming up and warming me up in my tent. During the night a huge elk was wandering around next to my camp and was so beautiful to see.

Beautiful day; the trail was very well maintained and not too difficult. I took my teenage son who was very reluctant but this adventure has definitely changed his tune!