Stubblefield Lake Loop

Stubblefield Lake Loop is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cheney, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This can be an enjoyable hike in the right conditions. It's not super enjoyable on a hot afternoon, like when I did it. There is virtually zero shade. I was also a little disappointed that there is no clear path to Stubblefield Lake. Therefore, it isn't really destination and isn't even visible from the trail. Normally I am quite explorative, but I already had enough pokey things stuck in my socks, and I wanted to respect the designated trails - even if it's just a gravel road in this case. Not a terrible hike, just not my favorite.

This is a pretty good leg stretcher. It has very nice trails for some of the way, and gravel roads for much of it. There is a lot of open space. It was a cool day in November on the day I hiked, so it was marvelous. I would guess this gets really dusty in the summer. This was a satisfactory day hike, well worth taking the time to drive a couple of hours to get to the trail head. This would be a great place to ride a bike.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sunday, March 23, 2014

We actually ended up on this trail as we were completing the Stubblefield trail. Both of these are inside of Turnbull. The lake is small, but pretty. We spotted a porcupine while walking our dog which was pretty cool. Really flat/easy gravel trail. Not a ton of people. Well kept up & overall pleasant. Since this is so close to our house we'll probably go back.