Lake Stuart Trail

Lake Stuart Trail is a 8.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

Directions from Leavenworth: From Icicle Road, turn south onto Forest Service Road #7601 to the Eightmile Trailhead.

Amazing views of the mountains and river throughout. The lake is a fantastic finish. Not nearly as crowded as Colchuck, which was nice. Definitely some tough inclines, but you get more than enough breaks to make up for it. LOTS of mosquitoes!

Gorgeous hike. Only 2 down trees the entire trip. A tiny bit of snow on the trail but the hike is so worth it. Lake is amazing.

Forest road is open! Snow on last two miles of trail to the lake

Had to hike 3 miles up the forest service road just to get to the trailhead, which tired us out and we couldn't reach the lake due to heavy snow packed on the trail passed the bridge half way through. I will definitely be back in a month or two I can only imagine how nice it will be up top!

Nice hike with breathtaking meadow views. Ended at the lake with a light lunch. September was the perfect time to go.

A little hazy because of the recent fires, but still beautiful!

It was a good day hike. We went up and had lunch on a rock in the water and even went for a swim. The first part of the trail is pretty dusty and lots of traffic. But after the turn off to Colchuck it became much nicer. If you've been to Colchuck, the first section before the turn is the steepest part, but still very doable. There are lots of good views, and although I think Colchuck is a much prettier lake, Stuart is gorgeous. Love the big mountains all around.

Very beautiful. Hiked this last weekend. No bugs, great temp, will hike again

This is a decent hike that ends at a beautiful lake. There are some openings that give you the most incredible views of the mountain range. However, I got eaten alive by bugs even with bug spray! We did get to see some deer at our camp site which was pretty cool. The lake also has some nice spots with big boulders to sit on and relax in the sun. I wouldn't spend more than one night here as you can see everything you want in that time.

OK hike. Moderate. Lots of bugs. Lots and lots of bugs

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Stuart & culchuck are amazing! creeks, rivers, waterfalls, surrounded by awesome mts. & the lakes are of the best I've seen in high country. fish friendly too, how can it get any better? Now that I found out about the aasgard glacier hike past kolchuck i'll add that to the list!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Great hike. Got to the trailhead at 11:30 and the lot was full. Had to park 1/4 mile down the road. Nice cool day at 63 degrees. Lots of people, but still a pleasant hike with beautiful vistas. A bit of snow on the trail at 5,000 ft.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Got to the trailhead at 1000, beautiful day out, not too many people there. Was fairly easy, only a little bit of snow in the last 1/4 mile of the trail. No mosquitoes except for the one I swallowed.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Super nice hike! Right now the last three miles to the lake are covered in hard packed snow. I would recommend micospikes and poles as it gets a little slippery. Still very doable! The last .5 mile (after the No Campfire Sign) the trail is super hard to find if you've never been before. We ended up wandering around till we found it and continued to the lake.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Easy to find and many places to park! Loved this hike to Lake Stuart. There is the perfect mix of hiking thru wooded areas, along rivers, and finally into beautiful meadows. The hike is somewhat steep in a couple areas headed up, but nothing that would be rated as difficult. The hard work is worth it, and this hike will not bore you! Every moment is breathtaking and you will feel proud of yourself for completing.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Did this trail with my wife and friends Friday 10/7/2016 as a opening to our adventure to oktoberfest. This was the hardest trail I've done so far but the most rewarding. I've never seen so much beauty personally in one hike. It made how hard it was all worth it. We didn't plan accordingly with food so we were definitely hungry. It took us 3hrs and 10 mins up (stopping for pictures) and 2hrs to get down. 120% worth it all

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Beautiful! You cut through meadows that look like they belong in a Disney movie. Completely serene. The bugs are intense along the trail so bring bug spray. We took our kids, ages 8 through 15 and they made it (despite a little huffing and puffing). Would love to camp overnight if we could manage getting in the "lottery" of limited spots they allow each year. If your feeling extra adventurous...take the trail to the left before Stuart lake and head straight up to colchuck. By far the most beautiful lake I've been to...yet.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

A beautiful hike, well worth the effort.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

beautiful trail and lake. pretty easy task except for a 1/2 mile section after the footbridge. my 10 and 12 year olds hiked with no problems.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Moderate trail. Lots of shades and beautiful view

Monday, May 16, 2016

Absolutely my favorite hike. It's challenging in parts, but the view of Lake Stuart is worth it.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Probably one of my favorite areas to hike into. Old forests, majestic mountains, wild flower cleanings and the lake itself was in a beautiful setting.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Beautiful lake

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

A beautiful hike as the foliage is turning yellow orange & red. A great trail!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

We hiked and camped this one last week. It was a great hike in and we found a perfect spot under some trees with a cute little beach to the left of us to hang out at! Absolutely loved it. Next day we tried to hike to Horse Shoe lake but got lost looking for trail heading up. On our way out we hiked up to Lake Colchuck and it was amazing, windy and cold but so beautiful! Going to keep putting in for permits to do more hiking up in the enchantments.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

For a beginner, this is for you! It's challenging but not too bad! The views are worth it!

Only concern was where to hang out once you get there. We went around and found a great big Boulder, but the campers claimed the spot so we couldn't stay for too long. Otherwise, totally worth the hike!

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Beautiful hike, loved the lake. Not as challenging as Colchuck but still worth it!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

My friend and I were originally attempting to hike the Enchantments in a day but didn't see the sign or Y in the trail as we were hiking in the dark. We ended up at Stuart Lake at dawn and hiked all the way up to Horseshoe Lake (if you look at the map, its not too far away from Stuart)- best mistake I've made yet! It was breathtaking and quiet up at Horseshoe Lake and had an amazing view of Stuart!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

A great day hike. Be sure to get to the trail head early to get a parking spot. Beautiful wildflower meadows and woodlands along the hike with a nice view of Mt. Stuart at the end and a great place to have lunch on the rocks.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Just finished another hike up to Colchuck and Aasgard Pass, crossed the Enchantments and exited Snow Lakes Trail. There is a reason they call this area the Enchantments, it's properly named. Not wanting to leave, we decided to do a day hike to Stuart Lake. To me Stuart Lake is much more beautiful than Colchuck and much more peaceful. Colchuck is rugged, while Stuart is warm and fuzzy. The trail to Stuart is incredibly beautiful with is open meadows under granite peaks. Lots of wildflowers on this trail. It was so nice we did it twice in two days.