Lake Stuart Trail

Lake Stuart Trail is a 8.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

1984 feet

Directions from Leavenworth: From Icicle Road, turn south onto Forest Service Road #7601 to the Eightmile Trailhead.

8 minutes ago

Stuart & kulchuck are amazing! creeks, rivers, waterfalls, surrounded by awesome mts. & the lakes are of the best I've seen in high country. fish friendly too, how can it get any better? Now that I found out about the glacier hike past kolchuck i'll add that to the list!

Great hike. Got to the trailhead at 11:30 and the lot was full. Had to park 1/4 mile down the road. Nice cool day at 63 degrees. Lots of people, but still a pleasant hike with beautiful vistas. A bit of snow on the trail at 5,000 ft.

Got to the trailhead at 1000, beautiful day out, not too many people there. Was fairly easy, only a little bit of snow in the last 1/4 mile of the trail. No mosquitoes except for the one I swallowed.

Super nice hike! Right now the last three miles to the lake are covered in hard packed snow. I would recommend micospikes and poles as it gets a little slippery. Still very doable! The last .5 mile (after the No Campfire Sign) the trail is super hard to find if you've never been before. We ended up wandering around till we found it and continued to the lake.

Easy to find and many places to park! Loved this hike to Lake Stuart. There is the perfect mix of hiking thru wooded areas, along rivers, and finally into beautiful meadows. The hike is somewhat steep in a couple areas headed up, but nothing that would be rated as difficult. The hard work is worth it, and this hike will not bore you! Every moment is breathtaking and you will feel proud of yourself for completing.

Did this trail with my wife and friends Friday 10/7/2016 as a opening to our adventure to oktoberfest. This was the hardest trail I've done so far but the most rewarding. I've never seen so much beauty personally in one hike. It made how hard it was all worth it. We didn't plan accordingly with food so we were definitely hungry. It took us 3hrs and 10 mins up (stopping for pictures) and 2hrs to get down. 120% worth it all

Beautiful! You cut through meadows that look like they belong in a Disney movie. Completely serene. The bugs are intense along the trail so bring bug spray. We took our kids, ages 8 through 15 and they made it (despite a little huffing and puffing). Would love to camp overnight if we could manage getting in the "lottery" of limited spots they allow each year. If your feeling extra adventurous...take the trail to the left before Stuart lake and head straight up to colchuck. By far the most beautiful lake I've been to...yet.

A beautiful hike, well worth the effort.

beautiful trail and lake. pretty easy task except for a 1/2 mile section after the footbridge. my 10 and 12 year olds hiked with no problems.