Lake Stuart Trail

Lake Stuart Trail is a 8.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

1984 feet

Directions from Leavenworth: From Icicle Road, turn south onto Forest Service Road #7601 to the Eightmile Trailhead.

A little hazy because of the recent fires, but still beautiful!

It was a good day hike. We went up and had lunch on a rock in the water and even went for a swim. The first part of the trail is pretty dusty and lots of traffic. But after the turn off to Colchuck it became much nicer. If you've been to Colchuck, the first section before the turn is the steepest part, but still very doable. There are lots of good views, and although I think Colchuck is a much prettier lake, Stuart is gorgeous. Love the big mountains all around.

Very beautiful. Hiked this last weekend. No bugs, great temp, will hike again

This is a decent hike that ends at a beautiful lake. There are some openings that give you the most incredible views of the mountain range. However, I got eaten alive by bugs even with bug spray! We did get to see some deer at our camp site which was pretty cool. The lake also has some nice spots with big boulders to sit on and relax in the sun. I wouldn't spend more than one night here as you can see everything you want in that time.

OK hike. Moderate. Lots of bugs. Lots and lots of bugs

Stuart & culchuck are amazing! creeks, rivers, waterfalls, surrounded by awesome mts. & the lakes are of the best I've seen in high country. fish friendly too, how can it get any better? Now that I found out about the aasgard glacier hike past kolchuck i'll add that to the list!

Great hike. Got to the trailhead at 11:30 and the lot was full. Had to park 1/4 mile down the road. Nice cool day at 63 degrees. Lots of people, but still a pleasant hike with beautiful vistas. A bit of snow on the trail at 5,000 ft.

Got to the trailhead at 1000, beautiful day out, not too many people there. Was fairly easy, only a little bit of snow in the last 1/4 mile of the trail. No mosquitoes except for the one I swallowed.

Super nice hike! Right now the last three miles to the lake are covered in hard packed snow. I would recommend micospikes and poles as it gets a little slippery. Still very doable! The last .5 mile (after the No Campfire Sign) the trail is super hard to find if you've never been before. We ended up wandering around till we found it and continued to the lake.

Easy to find and many places to park! Loved this hike to Lake Stuart. There is the perfect mix of hiking thru wooded areas, along rivers, and finally into beautiful meadows. The hike is somewhat steep in a couple areas headed up, but nothing that would be rated as difficult. The hard work is worth it, and this hike will not bore you! Every moment is breathtaking and you will feel proud of yourself for completing.

Did this trail with my wife and friends Friday 10/7/2016 as a opening to our adventure to oktoberfest. This was the hardest trail I've done so far but the most rewarding. I've never seen so much beauty personally in one hike. It made how hard it was all worth it. We didn't plan accordingly with food so we were definitely hungry. It took us 3hrs and 10 mins up (stopping for pictures) and 2hrs to get down. 120% worth it all

Sunday, September 11, 2016