Stimpson Nature Preserve

Stimpson Nature Preserve is a 3 mile loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until December.

Beaver pond, wildlife including cougars This trail opened in October of 2003. It is well maintained through a dense forest. The start of the trail passes a large beaver pond. Cougars have been sighted in the area so pay attention. Water crossings have new wooden bridges. The name "Nature Reserve" is well deserved. This land was donated by the Stimpson family.

fun trail

It was just so peaceful and a well maintained trail! I didnt realize I couldnt bring my dog until
i read someone's review! Oops. Ive brought him several times and wasnt aware.

This area doesn't allow dogs. As a local with a dog, that's super frustrating and unfair.

Beautiful. My newest favorite trail in Whatcom County.

Beautiful, very well tended trail. Cleaned out well so it is a pretty easy hike with some minor ups and downs throughout (not just flat). Also not crazy busy which is nice.

Great hike - I was pressed for time so couldn't finish the loop however was really pretty and green. Fairly easy to get to with very little elevation. Although rained all day - trail was in good shape

Great for kids!

nice little hike with my workmate.

Great trail when it's super hot out.

Gorgeous trail. Walked the pond loop and the normal loop. The scenery is an amazing forest view. The trail is a little narrow at times, but very well maintained.

Lovely Sunday afternoon hike. Restrooms. Easy parking access to trailhead.

This trail is beautiful! Mossy, marshy rain forest with some elevation to keep your heart pumping. We liked the unexpected views and its well kept consistency.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Friday, May 27, 2016

Great easy trail. I am not in shape and I found this trail to provide enough challenge that I felt that it was worth it, but I never felt like it was very difficult. There is a little elevation gain, but nothing too strenuous. It would be great for trail running. The sign at the trailhead says there are are no dogs allowed.

Monday, May 16, 2016