Stimpson Nature Preserve

Stimpson Nature Preserve is a 3 mile loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until December.

This trail opened in October of 2003. It is well maintained through a dense forest. The start of the trail passes a large beaver pond. Cougars have been sighted in the area so pay attention. Water crossings have new wooden bridges. The name "Nature Reserve" is well deserved. This land was donated by the Stimpson family.

Best example of Northwest Rain Forest.
A must for anyone visiting or new to Bellingham. The short uphills and frequent bends make it an interesting run too.

Great trail for a quick experience in the beautiful PNW wilderness. Hiked with a friend both of us wearing babies. Almost brought my tot but glad I didn't. It might have been too hard for him and there was some spots with stinging nettle on the trail. Nothing too crazy just something to be mindful of if you bring kids with you.

Simple but really pretty trail. Good place to go if you need to unplug but don't have a whole day free

Great place for an evening run. Wipe away the strain on the brain before returning home for the evening.

fun trail

It was just so peaceful and a well maintained trail! I didnt realize I couldnt bring my dog until
i read someone's review! Oops. Ive brought him several times and wasnt aware.

This area doesn't allow dogs. As a local with a dog, that's super frustrating and unfair.

Beautiful. My newest favorite trail in Whatcom County.

Beautiful, very well tended trail. Cleaned out well so it is a pretty easy hike with some minor ups and downs throughout (not just flat). Also not crazy busy which is nice.

Great hike - I was pressed for time so couldn't finish the loop however was really pretty and green. Fairly easy to get to with very little elevation. Although rained all day - trail was in good shape

Great for kids!

Monday, October 10, 2016

nice little hike with my workmate.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Great trail when it's super hot out.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Gorgeous trail. Walked the pond loop and the normal loop. The scenery is an amazing forest view. The trail is a little narrow at times, but very well maintained.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Lovely Sunday afternoon hike. Restrooms. Easy parking access to trailhead.

Monday, July 04, 2016

This trail is beautiful! Mossy, marshy rain forest with some elevation to keep your heart pumping. We liked the unexpected views and its well kept consistency.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Great easy trail. I am not in shape and I found this trail to provide enough challenge that I felt that it was worth it, but I never felt like it was very difficult. There is a little elevation gain, but nothing too strenuous. It would be great for trail running. The sign at the trailhead says there are are no dogs allowed.

Friday, April 29, 2016

We did this with a scout group of 11 kids & it was perfect. Not over crowded or too strenuous.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Great trail short and sweet