Stegosaurus Butte Trail

Stegosaurus Butte Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I concur with the mailbox junior nickname

Nice views on a clear day. Very short,rough,and steep. Best nickname of this hike is Mailbox Junior without the crowds

There is no sign for the trail so be sure to use GPS to find it. I completely passed it and ended up having to backtrack about .25 miles when I started asking myself why I wasn’t gaining elevation. Once I was on the trail, it was pretty steep. It starts as a small trail through the woods, the progresses to climbing up rocks/roots like stairs. It’s a pretty short trail so it’s not too bad of a climb. At the top, the view of Mount Garfield is great! Getting back down was quite challenging as well since the trail is so steep. Some spots I had to walk down backwards to be able to keep my balance. All and all a decent trail, but I probably wouldn’t do it again.

This is not a trail

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Trail was hard to find, only went about 1/3 of the way up, trail was not easy to follow & it was wet, slick, & steep. Will try again when it's dry.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

although this trail is short, it's steep. And the view of Garfield is stunning. Will definitely do this trail again.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Steep and rough but with an incredible view of Mount Garfield. Middle Fork Road is in excellent condition. No one on the rough trail.

recorded segausorus