Squak Mountain May Valley Loop Trail

Squak Mountain May Valley Loop Trail is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Squak Mountain State Park has a network of 13 miles of hiking trails and 6 miles of horse trails. There are multiple trailheads. The trail is accessible year-round for day-use. Dogs on leash are also able to use this trail. It is a good idea to have a good map and a compass or GPS navigation device to navigate this park.

Disregard all of the negative reviews about this hike, I loved it! Trail was very easy to follow, beautiful scenery, and best of all......very light foot traffic!! I would like to come back on a day that follows a few days of rainfall. There were a few dry creek beds along the way, I'd like to see them flowing.

Nice shaded trail that is well signposted. Beautiful forest with a glimpse of Mt Rainier, but no other outstanding views.

As many others have expressed, this hike is not about the view at the top but the journey there. The top is actually home to a microwave tower, trees blocking a view, and a port-o-potty.

That being said, the journey up is wooded and beautiful - it's great exercise. The main trail outlined in this app does include quite a bit of gravel road, keep that in mind. There are also so many different paths you could take it's quite easy to get turned around.

I do not believe I would return again but it's nice to cross of the list.

There's some horse poop along the way... bring plenty of water... light traffic.. not all dogs are leashed but all the ones we saw today were well behaved... after the horse gate it gets harder.

Overall had a good first mountain trail run. I love the challenge of the climbs. Would definitely do it again.

Nice wooded forest hike but no viewpoint or waterfall to be seen (I even asked locals). Good for exercise, but I wouldn't go out of my way to check this off of a list. I won't return.