Squak Mountain May Valley Loop Trail

Squak Mountain May Valley Loop Trail is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Squak Mountain State Park has a network of 13 miles of hiking trails and 6 miles of horse trails. There are multiple trailheads. The trail is accessible year-round for day-use. Dogs on leash are also able to use this trail. It is a good idea to have a good map and a compass or GPS navigation device to navigate this park.

Nice hike in general. Like other reviewers said, in the beginning it’s confusing with the signs. But it also gives you a chance on learning maps! You can pick up a paper one at the beginning. Beautiful forest, waterfall is pretty chill, good place to relax and meditate. Recommend.
P.s Discover pass needed!

Hmmm...great little trail but the signs are confusing. For the first mile or so you get tons of them then there's nothing so you have no idea if you're on the right trail. Wish they kept the signs consistent.

This hIke is pretty good. It’s a little hard at the top but overall it’s just a pretty good workout. I only saw two people on the trail which is great. Can’t stand being around people. Make sure you have a Discover pass to park here

Love the trail up to Central Peak. Phil's Creek trail is overgrown and the trail is a little slick for downhill hiking and I recommend long pants. No views at the top but a great trail for a workout. I recommend maps,compass and GPS. There are plenty of connecting trails and one can easily get lost. Lots of horse poop along Bullitt Gorge trail. Don't forget to visit the Bullitt Fireplace!

Nice and easy trail close to Bellevue. The bottom part shares with Horses and the coming down trail is small. Make sure you have discover pass for parking

Disregard all of the negative reviews about this hike, I loved it! Trail was very easy to follow, beautiful scenery, and best of all......very light foot traffic!! I would like to come back on a day that follows a few days of rainfall. There were a few dry creek beds along the way, I'd like to see them flowing.

Nice shaded trail that is well signposted. Beautiful forest with a glimpse of Mt Rainier, but no other outstanding views.

As many others have expressed, this hike is not about the view at the top but the journey there. The top is actually home to a microwave tower, trees blocking a view, and a port-o-potty.

That being said, the journey up is wooded and beautiful - it's great exercise. The main trail outlined in this app does include quite a bit of gravel road, keep that in mind. There are also so many different paths you could take it's quite easy to get turned around.

I do not believe I would return again but it's nice to cross of the list.

There's some horse poop along the way... bring plenty of water... light traffic.. not all dogs are leashed but all the ones we saw today were well behaved... after the horse gate it gets harder.

Overall had a good first mountain trail run. I love the challenge of the climbs. Would definitely do it again.

Nice wooded forest hike but no viewpoint or waterfall to be seen (I even asked locals). Good for exercise, but I wouldn't go out of my way to check this off of a list. I won't return.

definitely a fun hike and I loved the lack of crowds!

I took my horse out here last week. I had a wonderful time, would do it again. The only reason i give this 4 star is because on one of the trails it said horse friendly ( but obviously wasn't ) logs, and branches were in the way. Too high for my horse to jump it :(

All time you will hear waterfalls sound .. very natural trail with uniform elevation. We took a deviation after .7 miles to squawk mountain Rd the followed equestrian to come back to trailhead. There are many small deviations once you are half way through. Keep the map or this app handy. We didn't see any view point as we took a deviation.
Recommend after a good rain week to enjoy the the streams..
Note: ready to get some real dirt on you shoes so pick your gears appropriately.

Awesome Nature trail!

Good hike. Although the mile markers seem to be off. (1.9, 1.6 & 1.3 ) At one point, they forget to mention the hike that we are on & change the name. But.. we enjoyed the hike & will most likely do it again during the summer.

Well kept trail, but it's all about the journey and not the destination with this hike.

Good hike.

Great hike. No snow

Friday, January 13, 2017

I like hikes with there's no people around, so this one was pretty good. Pretty good uphill to tire you out a little bit, especially towards the end of my hike. I went about 3 1/2 miles up to some fireplace sort of near the top. It was snowy all around and a pretty tiring hike if you take it fast. Trees everywhere, the trail is very easy to follow, even in the snow. Great for my first hike in Washington.