Spray Park Trail

Spray Park Trail is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ashford, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

2014 feet

From Tacoma, east on Highway 410 to Buckley. Turn south on Highway 165 and drive 14 miles to Carbon River Road junction. Stay to the right on Mowich Lake Road and drive 17 miles to Mowich Lake Campground at roads end.

The gravel road to the trailhead is rough. But the waterfall is great if you can scramble up the boulders to get right up to it. The 2nd half up to the alpine meadows is steeper, but the wildflowers and Rainier views are worth it. About 4 hrs round trip.

Combined this one with Tolmie Peak. We hadn't planned on it but totally worth the trip to the falls (about 3 miles RT). Recommend hiking a little up through the boulder field.

I did this trail with my oldest daughter two weeks ago for the first time. This is now my favorite overall hike, it's just the right blend of gain, distance, and overall beauty. The gravel road to the trailhead sucks but the view from the top of Spray Park makes it completely worthwhile. There are also an abundance of low bush blueberries/huckleberries that are sweet and satisfying as a reward for the climb.

Rough ride to trailhead but the waterfalll is gorgeous!

Awesome!!!

The last time I was up here was in 1982 when I was only 12 years old. I have no idea why I waited 35 years to come back. Absolutely fantastic trail!!

Not too long but harder than it looks

great day...smoggy but we found clouds!

HIKE SATURDAY AUG 5.

Great hike up to the meadows. Saw 2 bears. One crossing over the path at the beginning of the meadow and another larger and less concerned one hanging in the grove of trees mid meadow.

We got there early, about 7am and ran into her few people until coming down. Will defiantly do again.

A true treasure!

Worth every step

Beautiful trail and spectacular views!

Clear views on a hot day .
Waterfall was very impressive
Views at top were worth it for sure

One thing I would have liked to know was that there was a $25 fee. To get to the trail head there is a long 13 mile gravel road, we went about 20 mph. Beautiful hike. Waterfalls were great. We kept hiking up thinking we were going to see something amazing but didn't. The meadows at top are pretty. Don't think I would do it again. But glad I did do it.

Great trail with enough viewpoints along the way to keep you interested until you get to the main attraction (the ridge at Spray Park). It gets pretty strenuous as most of the elevation gain is in a short distance just before the ridge but it's worth it for the views. One of my favorite hikes so far.

Just did this hike with a few friends yesterday, great hike!! Although our legs were dead by the end of the hike it has some really great views. A lot of inclines so be ready for that, wear good hiking shoes that can withstand stepping on sharp rocks. Although it was a long way up it was definitely worth it.

Update on my review below. This map shows how to get to the top of Mt Pleasant which is a trail off of the main Spray Park - Seattle Park trail or Wonderland Trail. We stayed on the Wonderland trail which went through different layers of Spray Park itself. I did not see any hikers that followed this map of a side trail that went up to Mt. Pleasant

Did this hike yesterday. There were a lot of people and had to hike a mile on the road to the trail head due to all the people. Very popular place with a handful of trail options. It is a heavy use area so the description of this hike is old. The side trip down to Spray Falls is well worth it. Falls are tall and gorgeous. Wildflowers were incredible up in Spray Park itself. Don't stop at the first level in Spray Park, there are better vistas for lunch up on the 2nd and 3rd layers. Especially overlooking Mist Park below. Great hike, not too difficult, but at least on weekends there are a lot of hikers up there. Everyone was nice and courteous, admiring the beauty. Even saw young families up there which was really great to see.

This trail starts with a bit of downhill and is pretty easy for the majority of it. The last mile is decently steep uphill (from the fork of the spray lookout to the park). Amazing views of Rainier and tons of flowers :)

The trail is closed now due to heavy snow. You cannot even drive your car to the trail head. You have to park your car in Paul Peak Trail head. It might open up when the snow melts in Summer.