Learn more

Spray Park Trail to Mount Pleasant

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(336)
Mount Rainier National Park

Spray Park Trail to Mount Pleasant is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ashford, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 6.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,086 feet Route Type: Out & Back

As of May 2020, the gate is still closed to the trailhead. Caution: The road leading to the trailhead has many potholes.

I just want to let people know that the gate is still closed as of 6/18. If I can save one person from driving through an hour of pot holes only to reach a closed gate then I have done my job.

WARNING: intended to go on this trail, but the road to the trailhead had so many potholes that our sedan did not make it. Several times we thought we had gotten thru the worst of it and a SKREEETTTTTTT sound would blare from the bottom of the car as it was being ripped apart (or at least that’s how it sounded). Would highly recommend JEEP/SUV. will go back someday in different car :) Ranked 3/5 just because I had to leave something to write this warning.

The meadows are gorgeous, but the hills above them are out of this world.

Is this 6 miles there and back or 6 there 6 back equaling 12miles??

I just went there today and it’s gate still closed 5/24/20 any idea of when it opens back up?

closed

Too much snow to even try. The gate is still closed as of 5/7/20. Had to snowshoe in from the gate for 5 miles to get to the lake. Made an attempt to head down Spray Park trail and couldn’t get more than a few hundred yards where the first bridge crossing was buried under 10 feet of snow. I’ll come back in July to explore more of the area.

Amazing trail.

Magical day Views couldn’t have been more spectacular Small patches of snow /ice but no worries- no yac chains needed

Had to stop short due to being unprepared for the snow.

First time hiking at high elevations, very fun and challenging. Got rain, sleet, snow, and hail about the size of pearls. Really want to come back in the summer, but it was an amazing experience with amazing views!

fee

One of my favorite hikes, as a lover of mountain fields and wildflowers and such. There's lots of little creeks, and the waterfall and views of Rainier are lovely. A good variety of bodies of water, forest, and open fields, too. There's even some blueberries that you can snack on once you get to the top!

Didn’t do the full trail as I broke off to Spray Falls and back. The falls are absolutely stunning. Because of the recent rain the are at a really good flow.

very balanced with up, down, and leveled sections. the waterfall was incredible. there are camp grounds along the way. if you plan to do the hole trail I recommend starting at 10 am or earlier. if you just want to see the waterfall then 12 pm is totally fine. incredible views. bring water. there are bathrooms at the start.

Lovely short day hike on the PCT. The trail to the falls is uneventful, though relaxing and lightly trafficked. The falls are a tremendous feature, well worth stopping. We had some decent views of the mountain as we passed on up to the ridge, though it was slightly overcast. All in all a great way to spend the day.

Great hike, took us about 6 hours total to complete going at a moderate pace. Started off with rain, until we got to the lookout, then the skies cleared up which was nice. Took the extra trip to see the Spray Waterfall which is well worth it! Then we hiked up to the meadow where there wasn’t too many Wild Flowers which was a bit disappointing. We saw small chipmunks & 2 deer! No bears. I must say the drive up to the trail head is ROUGH. Nothing but a bumpy ride for at least 45 minutes. (16 Miles) I was scared the whole time that I’d get a flat tire. So be prepared for a VERY bumpy ride. Beautiful views.