Spray Park Trail

Spray Park Trail is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ashford, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

From Tacoma, east on Highway 410 to Buckley. Turn south on Highway 165 and drive 14 miles to Carbon River Road junction. Stay to the right on Mowich Lake Road and drive 17 miles to Mowich Lake Campground at roads end.

The views of the Mt Rainier are unbelievable. Along with the meadows, and the falls

It was raining half of the time but the falls were still amazing! Got to the meadows and it got really foggy 10 min after we got there so that was really cool looking.

Loved this hike unfortunately I didn't get to complete it because my kids were tired but it was peaceful and not to difficult!

Did this hike today for Labor Day with my husband, 10 year old and 13 month old in tow. The drive up to Mowhich lake is 11-12 miles on a winding gravel road. The road does have some potholes but is in relatively good condition! Got to the parking lot at the lake at around 10am and there was quite a few cars in the lot but was able to park near the boat launch, about 100 yards from the trail head. When we left at 2pm, parking was down the road along the sides. The trail is in great condition. There are tree roots galore but just watch where you step and you will be fine. Hiking poles help but aren't necessary. Made it to the sign where it points to spray park .8 miles and falls view .1 I think. Our intention was to go to the waterfalls and turn around. We wound up taking the trail up to spray park thinking it would take us to where we could go up near the waterfall but instead we wound up 1.5 miles past the falls in the meadows. It was beautiful and peaceful up there, even seen a few bears foraging in the distance! Asked a ranger where we went wrong and he kindly informed us we should've stayed straight! So for those of you trying to go to the falls and only the falls-go to the falls view (take the right fork) and cross the log bridge! We wound up backtracking and made our way to the falls view. There was one party leaving as we came to the view point but couldn't really get the full picture of the falls with the brush obstructing our view. This is where the water crossing comes into play. In order to get a full, unobstructed view, you must cross the stream. While we were able to cross the stream, I would not advise others to do it with small children or those that are not so sure-footed. We made our way up the rocky climb to get to the falls and it was just beyond amazing. Definitely makes for one of my favorite waterfalls/scenery of all time. Would love to do it again, especially in warmer weather...the waterfall most would be welcomed.

Did it today with the wife and kids after taking on Tolmie Peak. Exhausted now but feel like we made the most of a beautiful day! Would like to be able to get the kids across the waterfall to see it in full view but they are a bit small yet and it's not someplace you want an injury to occur. Boys didn't give out on me til halfway back. Falls were worth the trip and I got some great photos but wouldn't let the boys cross on third own, maybe sometime in the future.

I went to the falls but the growth has them pretty much covered which did dampen my mood UNTIL I went to spray park. Holy cow it is amazing! A previous review said it might be the most tranquil place they had ever been and I agree 100%! The park is so beautiful, the photos I posted do it no justice. I saw a deer from a distance, no bears today but I can't say I'm to upset :P I did not want to leave the park. The overall trail is nice, on a Thursday morning it was dead. I was hiking by 10am and encountered no one until halfway through. On my way back though- around noon I passed around 20 or so people. Definitely want to go back

We want hiking to this place last Saturday afternoon. This trail is pretty chill. I mean, not much elevation, not too far and beautiful views all around; perfect for older people and little kids.
If you would want to have a more difficult hike, there are other places you can go to following this trail but in general, it is one of he best options for moderate hiking.